Will I have issues finding groups as Necro?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Orpheus.7891

Orpheus.7891

I started to level a Ranger (lvl34) but I’m thinking of switching to Necro and I just wanted to know if I will run into issues trying to find pug groups to do anything. I get the impression Necro has a lot of issues

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

no you wont have issues finding group as necro, even though you’re right necro has a lot of issues

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Just roll another class after the necro: Elementalist

“Hi guys, i’m a power necro with a Ele alt, if we lack dps I could switch, just give me a try”
0 encounters in this game need a 100% minmaxed group to achieve seccess (if you aren’t after a record), so if you are good you can be the “mentor” of your group and have fun and play even with a necro.

Necro, even the power version, it’s a good class for pug groups.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Honestly, I personally have more issues now than i ever did, and this was after the balance patch. People would rather you play anything BUT necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Orpheus.7891

Orpheus.7891

I really thought that would be the issue. From what I am reading Necro is in a really bad spot but my god their gear looks amazing.

I will have a free 80 coming to me when I buy the expansion, I was going to get a Elementalist but I just might get a Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

yes, you’ll have problems, lot of groups not accepting necros anymore.

not the first time in GW2 history this same kitten happens. And Anet doesn’t care, so don’t expect things are gonna change soon.

good luck with your ELEMENTALIST!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

You may have problems for raids, but everywhere else you are good to go, especially fractals.

in Necromancer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Can’t speak to PvP nor WvW myself, but I see them running around when playing through those games modes casually.

PvE though?

When it comes to fractals I see regularly see LFG’s looking for only Necros’s. Sure, you’re not going to win a medal for fast clears in those groups but it’s as easymode as it gets with a full necro team. That, and their Epidemic just melts mob heavy islands like dredge and urban battleground.

Raids? There’s not necessarily a boss that Necro’s specifically excel at (as in no one really goes out of their way to slot that class) though they do have an advantage against bosses with mobs such as Gorsy, Sab, and Overseer. Their base damage output (based on qT numbers) puts them just under Condi ranger (Necro’s 32k vs Ranger’s 33k), but it’s nowhere near as complicated as the current king of condi damage (35k).

Power Necro in PvE? Well, not too many things to say about that other than they’re fun to play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Necro is in a reeeeally weird place in the game right now, where they are essintial/dominate certain game modes (but under certain builds) yet are second to Revenant as the least desired class in others.
Here’s a list that should give you an idea of where Necros in general stand

• Open world: Steamroll everything
  • Fractials: The ultimate group carrier
  • Raids: The ultimate group anchor
  • WvW: Awesome in groups, terrible when alone
  • PvP: See WvW

Still, I have no regrets playing and maining a necromancer for the majority of content since launch. If I want to raid, I just pop my guardian, if I want to pvp, I pop my thief.

(edited by Coffietire.2783)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

wvw? this is still a thing?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

As funny as that joke is, WvW often has more pull than PvP.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

If it’s raids necro also does well on:

vale guardian – epidemic the seekers, can get his dps going vs red guardian (most raids his dps falls off because his chill field is overriden by others), can ress ppl outta exploding zones during main guardian sequence.

sloth – damage wise nothing to scream about, but does have aoe projectile block vs his spawns (along with epidemic), can pull & ress ppl outta poisoned ground, and unlike most dps is tanky enough to take a few hits if that’s what’s needed to drop the poison away from party or tank sloth when you get marked.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

As funny as that joke is, WvW often has more pull than PvP.

The answer to the question “when?” following that one is, of course, dependent on who you ask:

Ask a PvP player, and the answer is “WvW, right now”.
Ask a WvW player, and the answer is “PvP, right now”.

(and ask a PvE player, and the answer is one of those two, or both, but never PvE)