Witness my power (build)

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Hello everyone…

Do you guys want to witness my power (build) ?

This is a short video with some highlights of the glass cannon power build. Some time ago someone asked for something like this, and since after this new patch (February 2013), ghastly claws spell got buffed a bit i thought i would join the trend and… exemplify…

I did not, however, prepare too much for this event. When i did my big hit you can see that i only had 6 stacks of might on me, and no additional buffs. You can actually go much higher… but for that you need proper coordination, 4 support-buff players and… for the stars to align, if you know what i mean.

I hope this video will not make people think that power necromancers are too strong now, merely that they are a viable option…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

(edited by Nemesis.8593)

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Wery nice and clear display of our dps. Poeple find it hard to believe that
dagger #1 is equal to lich #1

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Few notes:
Those berserkers you fought quite a lot more damage than other mobs. (Still, its possible to reach 12k mark on normal mobs)
Lich can also be used to pierce targets in addition to being ranged damage.
I’m going to assume you didnt spec to curse 15 to get 50% fury up time (dipping into ds and getting it fast enough doesnt even interrupt your dagger chain at any part)

Still, I believe necros to be (one of) most powerful ranged single target dps for those intervals you can actually keep being in lich/specced lifeblast/channel spam in addition to being great melee single target dps at any point.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathenShada.6397

DeathenShada.6397

What gear are you using or did you change it from your previous glass cannon build?

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

/respect

I really love your videos and how well you can explain the Necromancer class, I had just put together a noobish (I give up) power build that was built around survival -and here you illustrate quite a few things I never had connected the dot on for a particular build type.

Finally I can at least play a Necromancer with the weapons I prefer and get results!

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draz.8620

Draz.8620

Do you mind posting the build you where using for this?

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

Necro bad. pvp wellbomb. the end.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Your Lich vs Dagger 1 test was invalid, you used Well of Suffering & Reapers Touch on the Dagger spamming but not on the Lich spamming.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Your Lich vs Dagger 1 test was invalid, you used Well of Suffering & Reapers Touch on the Dagger spamming but not on the Lich spamming.

A 10%-15% difference doesnt really matter since in a team scenario they will both be upgraded by 25%. Lich is still the strongest attack in game (just by base damage to power scale), but one can come close to the numbers with other means.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

Why did you not show how you fought lupicus, i’d like to see a power build against him, because i’m afraid of bringing my necro vs lupi wit a power build.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derina.6584

Derina.6584

Can you post your build please?

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

A 10%-15% difference doesnt really matter since in a team scenario they will both be upgraded by 25%. Lich is still the strongest attack in game (just by base damage to power scale), but one can come close to the numbers with other means.

15 attacks with an average of 46k per hit, he if had done a fair test he would of dealt an additional 103k damage which would of been 12/13 attacks and therefore 12.5 to 13.5 seconds (5 to 6 seconds more then the dagger.)

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikk.4652

Zikk.4652

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Wery nice and clear display of our dps. Poeple find it hard to believe that
dagger #1 is equal to lich #1

Definitly not the case, lich 1 hits 4/3 as hard and always crits.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

(edited by Edenwolf.6328)

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

15 attacks with an average of 46k per hit, he if had done a fair test he would of dealt an additional 103k damage which would of been 12/13 attacks and therefore 12.5 to 13.5 seconds (5 to 6 seconds more then the dagger.)

What i was trying to illustrate is that if you have to stay range… you have to stay range, therefor there will be no close up well of suffering and reaper’s touch. There will be just max range DPS spam, when you can get close… you do get close and run wild.

While i do agree that Lich Form 1 spam is higher DPS especially if you have vulnerability on the target from other sources, and you get to pierce multiples… but at the same time it only lasts 20 seconds. Dagger 1 spam can be done… for ever…

I wasn’t trying to make a contest between dagger 1 and Lich Form, but rather to illustrate how both of them shine. I said in the video… know HOW to burst in each situation.

edit: i also didn’t get a special team, and didn’t do everything perfectly – always get maxed buffs, always be in the right spot, always this and that… those are perfect scenarios that don’t happen to often.
I wanted to illustrate the power of less then perfect / casual play…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Do you mind posting the build you where using for this?

Yes… that one, will even add an annotation to the video once i get back.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

What i was trying to illustrate is that if you have to stay range… you have to stay range, therefor there will be no close up well of suffering and reaper’s touch. There will be just max range DPS spam, when you can get close… you do get close and run wild.

While i do agree that Lich Form 1 spam is higher DPS especially if you have vulnerability on the target from other sources, and you get to pierce multiples… but at the same time it only lasts 20 seconds. Dagger 1 spam can be done… for ever…

Any smart person (in PvP at least) sticks as close to there target as possible in Lich Form to minimize missing Deathly Claws and to land Chilling Winds.

Lich is also 30 seconds, not 20.

Witness my power (build)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Any smart person (in PvP at least) sticks as close to there target as possible in Lich Form to minimize missing Deathly Claws and to land Chilling Winds.

Lich is also 30 seconds, not 20.

I was talking about PvE of course… my mistake, 30 seconds… was in a rush to leave.

I demonstrated it for PvE, with PvE stats… it’s entirely a PvE power build demonstration. Like i said… i’m not trying to say one way (Lich Form) is better then the other (dagger 1 spam), but merely that they all have their uses, and most importantly they all shine…

PvE necromancers, PvE power necromancers aren’t as underpowered as people think… also axe is not the most useless weapon. I’ve seen, and maybe some of you have as well, a few dozen threads with “axe does 300 damage, my warrior auto-attack does 2000… what is this useless weapon, AN PLX FIX”.

Well now…

(edited by Nemesis.8593)