World tournament series..

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Just a quick comment.. It’s sad watching the world tournament series and see how often Nos goes down. And how many comments in the chat saying it’s just bad to bring a necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

you might want to support me here. Necros need more scaling survivability. Period.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/OL-A/first#post5359626

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

yes, yes, yes after nos face tanking 2 members of TCG on point for so long and push far point win every 1v1 against DD ele.
yes need more survivability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

I’ve been playing tank necro in sPVP, and I will say that we literally are helpless due to the lack of stability. when I get CC’d, I spectral, then I’m cc’d again so I shroud for foot in the grave, then I’m cc’d again so I well of power, then I’m cc’d again so I try to heal, then I’m cc’d.

Meanwhile, I try to fear others and they are apparently always immune. Nos only won because his enemies had no idea what they were doing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

yes, yes, yes after nos face tanking 2 members of TCG on point for so long and push far point win every 1v1 against DD ele.

No one thinks Necro’s survivability is bad in small scale, quite the opposite. But when you ain’t got Plague up and you’re being wailed on by 3 or more enemies that 100% DS might as well not be there. We’ve seen Nos blow up plenty of times more than any other class in teamfights with 100% DS during this WTS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Plague
Full DS , only comes if youre already snowballing
2v1 against cele and soldier , wow that dps and we all know how to deal with condies

1) that was a missrotation
2) yes , engie vs cele signet is counter/hardcounter matchup, vs ele its decent counter but anything can happen on top tier if u need to hold cap

So, litteraly, this is the MAX possible good dreamcase scenario a necro wants.
Decide for yourself if it was easy to repeat, lasted longer than any 2v1 stone ele we see, and if theres some proffesions that could get away or full heal ofter a rezz from that situation.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

I can’t be the only one thinking necro is one of the strongest professions right now

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

I can’t be the only one thinking necro is one of the strongest professions right now

If there were you’d see more than Nos playing it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

If there were you’d see more than Nos playing it.

Cain on the China team played necro, albeit rather poorly, seeing as he lost 1v1 to tank-specced engineer, and switched out to MM after that.

And I say this a lot, but theres a nice handful of necros in the NA scene, as weak as it is. I feel like more people would run necro if double ele wasn’t such an absudly strong comp choice.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kentsui.4930

Kentsui.4930

Playing the reaper with acess to some stability and seeing the tournament when Nos ended in situations similar to mine in PvP where you turn on DS and suddently just attract every CC of your opponents until you’re dead (rather quickly in fact) just made me realize that what they are doing with the Necro wile giving all the shiny new toys exclusively to Reaper Shroud is actually a terrible idea.

The ‘base class’ desperately needs acces to some of those as well.

Ds might be a ‘second life bar’ but it’s useless when you cant do anything with it because you’re too busy being a ping-pong ball.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

No he didn’t? Against onrg he even lost 1v1 to a cele ele. #Hardcounter

Again i do think necros are better of right now than they used to be. The mere fact that a top ranked team brought a necro has to speak for something.
With all those eles gaurds and engis around bringing good boon strip is a valid counterplay. And im happy that the changes to signets make necro actually good at its role now. That being said there are still the same obvious problems necro always had.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Just think how great they would have done if they had any other profession than a necro, that’s the entire point there is literally no reason for necros in PvP at all well except for easy kills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Just think how great they would have done if they had any other profession than a necro, that’s the entire point there is literally no reason for necros in PvP at all well except for easy kills.

Necro is taken for counter purposes it’s the closest thing to a cele,condi and ele counter probably somewhat a burst counter due to weakness. The only things holding necro back are base flaws and their rules of balancing but it has it’s place. I might be optimistic but eventually necro may become indispensable.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)