Worst class for Duels.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

That or have a sea of rabbits just prancing about. I only use my necromancer for duels if I want a challenge independant of my opponents skill.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

U serious? I admit I have not played that much PvP but I felt quite strong about my necro the times I had (full condition dmg with rabid gear). Did some time though to get used to it.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

… Not really. The class is very strong in duels. Only thing we really have trouble with are Elementalists and kind of a difficult time with Mesmers.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Question…why are you being kited as a Necro? That’s just bad. Remember, if they run they can’t handle the pressure…why fall into the trap and get kitted?

You just have to study what happens when you fight different classes. Have to expect to lose to some if you spec to kill another. Can’t win them all.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Going to have to say this is l2p issuse. I’m not even a necro but, I know a very good necro that owns 1v1 duels. I’ve seen him down one of the toughest ele’s anyone has duel’d and he beats mesmers too.

Edit: Also, Anet doesn’t fix classes because of 1v1 fighting. If you were to say that in a 5v5 fight necros suck….. maybe they would ‘look into it’

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chris Elfoulina.2518

Chris Elfoulina.2518

Necros are fine on 1v1.might have some hard times but its OK.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I’d have thought Terror builds would work exceptionally well in 1v1 situations, since you force people to stunbreak out or die to your conditions.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

I’ve been running a terromancer pre patch and was quite successful, don’t think there was any huge dueling problem outside of some specific builds.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

Since the latest patch DS(power) builds are pretty strong for small scale and 1v1. Starting with zero lifeforce sucks, i agree, but the generation in fight is somewhat close to good.
The thing about generating lifeforce is: you have to bring spectral skills, because our weapon integrated tools are just horrible. Axe/focus gets dodged 9/10 times and dagger/x gets kited easily, while having the worst immob in the whole game. So in order to maintain a steady flow of lifeforce you have to get spectral attunement coupled with spectral walk/armor (and you should seriously consider also putting the other one on your bar).
Also i am hearing stories of great success in 1v1’s from the condi loving faction, but that is something else.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

In PvP duels this class is terrible. I’ve tried every build I can think of and they’re all absolutely terrible. All a class has to do to win is kite or stun. And every class can do this.
We have almost no stun breakers and almost no mobility skills compared to other classes. It makes it almost impossible to duel someone. ANet fix this because this has really kitten ed me off.

Edit: Another thing that came to attention is the lack of life force in PvP, why don’t we spawn with any, it would actually make DS builds in PvP viable.

Try my Tormentor or Potentate build. Both are very good in 1v1s, and both are exceedingly effective in tournament play as well.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Dhumbfire it’s great for duels. It puts so much pressure you will feel like an engi!!

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Necro is bad at 1v1 post super buff/patch….only one viable explanation,

Attachments:

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

Hmm, using a build now which seems okay. but guys terror builds and DS builds don’t work in PvP duels. You don’t get enough life force.

edit: Parktou I do know how to dodge just i’d like to see you dodge 4 stuns with only 2 dodges…

[TA] necro

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Almost no stun breaks?
We have 5: Plague Signet, Spectral Walk, Spectral Armor, Well of Power, Necrotic Traversal.

Other classes: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun_break
Guardian 5, Warrior 4, Engi 6, Ranger 3, Thief 5, Ele 4, Mesmer 6.

Also, having trouble with eles or mesmers depends on the build. I don’t have problems with eles at all. And thanks to Well of Power and Tainted Shackles we are now very well equipped to beat every mesmer build as well.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You must not have played my 20/0/20/30/0 Vampire Minion Master build. :P That’s pretty powerful 1v1.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Hmm, using a build now which seems okay. but guys terror builds and DS builds don’t work in PvP duels. You don’t get enough life force.

edit: Parktou I do know how to dodge just i’d like to see you dodge 4 stuns with only 2 dodges…

Okay I can see how a DS build could be choked out because of insufficient life force generation, but really, how much life force do you need for a Terror build? 10% every 16-20 seconds?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

I take back this post, changed somethings in the build and truly read through some skills, I let anger get the better of me.

[TA] necro

Worst class for Duels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

I’m willing to agree with the OP’s statement if I get to keep my new toys.
Yes, we are “AWFUL”
/wink.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.