Wurm placement checks pathing (intended?)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Noticed that the placement skill for the flesh wurm checks pathing which I think seems real stupid, it should only do that on the secondary use of the skill.

Im thinking surely im not the only one who noticed it so have the devs ever responded about it being intended behaviour or is it a bug?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

your not wrong they added the pathing because people used it as grappling hook as one would expect but the actual placement shouldnt be that big of a deal if i want to place it on a wall i should be allowed to do so.

in Necromancer

Posted by: trianglecubed.3750

trianglecubed.3750

Noticed that the placement skill for the flesh wurm checks pathing which I think seems real stupid, it should only do that on the secondary use of the skill.

Im thinking surely im not the only one who noticed it so have the devs ever responded about it being intended behaviour or is it a bug?

IIRC they changed it when they did the whole blink overhaul, they considered the wurm a blink.. albeit one that you target.. but still. So now its placement checks pathing and its teleport is as useful as a blink, meaning even a small rock can prevent you from successfully pathing to it.

Why they decided to make it so you could only place it where you could path to I have no idea since they already changed the teleport to not work if obstructed.. but, hey, that’s ANet for ya.

in Necromancer

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

has been since implementation and the mesmer LOS fix way back in the first few months of the game.. otherwise you could teleport around like a mesmer.. in and out of keeps, on walls.. where ever you place it.. wasnt intended for that

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

shouldnt be that big of a deal if i want to place it on a wall i should be allowed to do so.

The problem with this is that if the player can place the wurm regardless of pathing, then the player cannot know if his teleport will work until he tries to use it.

This would lead to a lot of deaths from necros trying to use the wurm to escape only to belatedly discover that they can’t teleport.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube