[WvW] A build I've been enjoying

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

So let me just state a few things before I go ahead and share.

This is a small scale/solo build. It does not use Reaper. I wasn’t trying to achieve anything other than some good sustain to compliment my high Toughness. I understand that Signets Of Suffering would benefit the chosen traits. In no way is this a “recommended” build. I have no idea if it’s been posted here before. Intelligence Sigil is to better control Plague Sending.

To make a long story short, I shelved my Necro a few months ago because I was tired of getting steamrolled in WvW. Without Reaper, I’m simply at too much of a disadvantage but I dislike how Reaper feels. So, it’s either Reaper, less fun, more wins or, Necromancer, more fun, less wins.

Coming back to it today, I tinkered with different traits and utilities to see if I could put something together without changing my gear and I landed on this build which I’m going to call the Bloodeater

By no means is it optimal or amazing but it’s very fun and obnoxiously beefy. I was face tanking 4 people earlier tonight for a good 5 minutes or more and I never went below 30% health. That’s with one stunbreak and no stability excluding Plague.

Of course I’m sure a competent player would be able to wear it down but I wanted to share this in case someone’s looking for something different. So give it a shot and have fun (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

Looks like fun and I could see the well totally throwing people off guard. One thing I would try is swapping out well of suffering? Poison Cloud(CPC), or particularly well of corruption(you get protection, dark field and LF still, baddies now get de-booned?) CPC would let you swap to Martyr, which has it’s uses. (More before they nerfed it into the ground though)

I could be totally wrong though.

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Looks like fun and I could see the well totally throwing people off guard. One thing I would try is swapping out well of suffering? Poison Cloud(CPC), or particularly well of corruption(you get protection, dark field and LF still, baddies now get de-booned?) CPC would let you swap to Martyr, which has it’s uses. (More before they nerfed it into the ground though)

I could be totally wrong though.

Well Of Corruption would be “better” than Well Of Suffering but I chose WoS because it’s on a lower cooldown, Vulnerability increases incoming Condition Damage and most people don’t stand in Wells for longer than a second or two anyway. Against certain people, I would probably swap to WoC but I go with WoS by default.

CPC is another one I would slot depending on who I’m about to fight. The beauty of WvW is that you can change things on the fly. If I see a Ranger coming at me with a longbow, I’d probably drop WoS and replace it with CPC. You’re absolutely right on both points but the slotted utilities are very much a matter of preference. If you want to give this build a shot, you’re welcome to swap a few things around to find what’s comfortable for you.

I’ve only been using this build for a day or two so things may change over time. I just wanted to share for people to mess around with something outside the meta. Some people like myself are just a little masochistic and enjoy the challenge of using a sub-optimal build :P.

That and I just plain and simple don’t like Reaper but I adore Necromancer.

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

So I made some slight alterations (very slight) and have found this build to be more than just enjoyable. As long as I can maintain a few conditions on my target, my health quite often will go up faster than it goes down. With how much health and toughness I have coupled with all the little heals, I’ve been fighting people who can’t get me below 80% health and just end up trying to run or die trying to bring me down.

Again I wouldn’t call it optimal but it does have a lot of potential for some interesting play. In zergs, although your conditions won’t be doing a whole lot of damage since condition builds are just in general bad in zergs, you still get a ton of heals from Parasitic Contagion and Well pulses. Earlier tonight I got caught in an AOE bomb from the enemy zerg and I survived because the WoC I had dropped just seconds prior was feeding me a bunch of heals. The ground I was standing in was painted completely red from enemy AOE’s but I survived from all the siphons and PC.

Here is the updated Bloodeater build.

This build has re-invigorated my love for Necro. I had shelved it for a few months since my old Corrupt-o-mancer build was no longer viable (core Necro, no stunbreaks, no stability, bad Life Force gen but massive condi burst) but this new one has brought me back to being a Necromancer main once again. I hope someone else tries this and enjoys it as much as I do!

in Necromancer

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

Looks really good, would you swap in a dagger and change to quickening thirst so you get some runspeed?

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Looks really good, would you swap in a dagger and change to quickening thirst so you get some runspeed?

I’m sure that could work, certainly. I just enjoy the healing that Blood Bond provides as it’s very easy to achieve the required bleed stacks. I actually think it’s either broken or the description is incorrect because it procs when ever I strike a target that has the required amount of bleed regardless of whether I applied them or not.

Change it to suit your needs, though (:

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

So let me just state a few things before I go ahead and share.

This is a small scale/solo build. It does not use Reaper. I wasn’t trying to achieve anything other than some good sustain to compliment my high Toughness. I understand that Signets Of Suffering would benefit the chosen traits. In no way is this a “recommended” build. I have no idea if it’s been posted here before. Intelligence Sigil is to better control Plague Sending.

To make a long story short, I shelved my Necro a few months ago because I was tired of getting steamrolled in WvW. Without Reaper, I’m simply at too much of a disadvantage but I dislike how Reaper feels. So, it’s either Reaper, less fun, more wins or, Necromancer, more fun, less wins.

Coming back to it today, I tinkered with different traits and utilities to see if I could put something together without changing my gear and I landed on this build which I’m going to call the Bloodeater

By no means is it optimal or amazing but it’s very fun and obnoxiously beefy. I was face tanking 4 people earlier tonight for a good 5 minutes or more and I never went below 30% health. That’s with one stunbreak and no stability excluding Plague.

Of course I’m sure a competent player would be able to wear it down but I wanted to share this in case someone’s looking for something different. So give it a shot and have fun (:

build looks great but I think you will struggle against stun heavy builds.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8