WvW Spectral Terrormancer Build [Montage]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hellooooo necro forum people,
Been a while since my last necro video, been way too bussy with DPS guardian and HGH cele engineer lately… >.> But I went back to my necro roots and got some nice WvW footage.

Never have I dared set foot in WvW with my necro because of limited swiftness and unreliable escapes (Unlike my engineer) :/

But until now…
I made myself this Spectral TerrorMancer build which focuses on just that which I’m lacking. Warhorn and Swalk for swiftness and than Spectral Attunement with Swall + Swalk for getaways, jukes, and more!

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBmWDZkjmebMuh/2EBDiUtiuRgJU/NaTA-TVDEABJoEcGVJKwEhK6Gc4BAY8+D5o2CAmwa4gA8wFAgKlHOfEAESJGZAqWDA-w

This build has higher mobility and sustain than most necro builds, but lacks in boon removal/conversion. It’s a sacrifice I’m very willing to make for some much needed extra sustain in WvW.

ALSO, LifeForce regen on condition necro; got that covered! Spectrals + WH is a LF factory, and with 25k HP and ~19K LF you should always have enough.

I actually used perplexity runes, because I had around 80 gold lying around which I do nothing with because I only do tPvP 90% of the time.
In WvW, where you never know who/what/how many you need all the help that you can get, and perplexity runes help a lot!

The second utility skill always depends on the situation. Viable choices are Spectral Armor, Spectral Grasp, WoPower, Corrupt Boon, Flesh Wurm, WoCorruption, Signet of Spite and Epidemic.

Montage:

The montage I made with some very nice gameplay, combo’s, getaway’s, TONS of jukes, killing spree’s, hacking necro’s, dramatic love stories, and more!
(^You will get what I mean after watching the video :P)

Usual combo (when everything goes right) is: Staff 2/3/5 + Swall in front of the target + DS + DS 2 + dodge + Doom + Tainted Shackles + LifeTransfer + GraspingDead + WailOfDoom.

That was it, thanks for reading this wall of text and have a good day! Be sure to let me know what you think
-Hollts

Ps. Critique is fine, just have some mercy >.>

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Perplexity runes are ew and IMO broken. I don’t QQ about much besides P/D Thieves, P/D Perplexity Thieves, PU Mesmers, Perplexity Mesmers and Perplexity Engi’s. Notice all of them have Perplexity runes. You have 3 options when versus Perplex; Fight back and kill yourself because of confusion, don’t fight back and get killed or run like hell. It’s just lame.

Also killing uplevels isn’t very exciting, it’s not like they really stand much of a chance.

As for everything else, you’ve definitely got a lot of skill and I really liked that combo you did on the Silver rank Thief in EOTM. Basically fear chained him to death, denied his Shadow Refuge and made him rage quit, that was awesome. Same with the Spectral Wall + staff marks on the other side of it versus that Thief in Danelon, really well done.

I can’t say much about the build because personally, I’m one of those people who believes in using what works for you. I don’t really care if it looks good or not, if you make it work, then it works. And from the video, you do a fine job. I still say get rid of Perplex runes though :P.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

very nice video holl! u definitely are one of the top 5 necros in the world.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

just a question…u got no condition duration in your build? how does your condition stack?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

That video is pretty great. Don’t understand why you wouldn’t run +40% condi food though; it’s an amazing option. I also like all the survivability tools you incorporated into the build. It works beautifully in the 1vx’s you show, although in a straight 1v1 it’s complete overkill. We’re already in a far better place than tpvp just by running around continuously with full lf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’m usually not very impressed by most videos, but this one was awesome. One of the best I think I’ve seen.

Also I’m running a nearly identical pvp build and I’ve been really loving it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m happy to see someone use Foot in the Grave instead of complaining about it.

Many upleveled enemies but still very pleasent and entertaining to watch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

The bridge fear wall part was awesome, wasnt sure if you would pull it off, but you did. GG nice vid

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

The bridge fear wall part was awesome, wasnt sure if you would pull it off, but you did. GG nice vid

Yea me too. While placing the wall I thought it was JUST too close to the bridge, but they fell off anyway :P Thank you!

I’m happy to see someone use Foot in the Grave instead of complaining about it.

Many upleveled enemies but still very pleasent and entertaining to watch.

FitG has potential and I only started just seeing it. Wish I had picked it up earlier, because it works wonders against warriors, ele’s and other necro’s. Sorry for the upleved ppl and thanks!

That video is pretty great. Don’t understand why you wouldn’t run +40% condi food though; it’s an amazing option. I also like all the survivability tools you incorporated into the build. It works beautifully in the 1vx’s you show, although in a straight 1v1 it’s complete overkill. We’re already in a far better place than tpvp just by running around continuously with full lf.

1. I sorta forgot about the +40% condi duration food while recording (which was in ~2 days)
2. They expensiveeeee. I DID buy them after reading this and love how all the 1 sec fears are now 2 seconds… but 40% endurance is also reallly nice to have on a necro without vigor.
3. And thanks

just a question…u got no condition duration in your build? how does your condition stack?

Stack?

Thank you! But more like…. top 10 :P

Perplexity runes are ew and IMO broken. I don’t QQ about much besides P/D Thieves, P/D Perplexity Thieves, PU Mesmers, Perplexity Mesmers and Perplexity Engi’s. Notice all of them have Perplexity runes. You have 3 options when versus Perplex; Fight back and kill yourself because of confusion, don’t fight back and get killed or run like hell. It’s just lame.

Also killing uplevels isn’t very exciting, it’s not like they really stand much of a chance.

As for everything else, you’ve definitely got a lot of skill and I really liked that combo you did on the Silver rank Thief in EOTM. Basically fear chained him to death, denied his Shadow Refuge and made him rage quit, that was awesome. Same with the Spectral Wall + staff marks on the other side of it versus that Thief in Danelon, really well done.

I can’t say much about the build because personally, I’m one of those people who believes in using what works for you. I don’t really care if it looks good or not, if you make it work, then it works. And from the video, you do a fine job. I still say get rid of Perplex runes though :P.

Haha, probably gonna get tormenting runes so everything is more of a challenge :P
And in hindsight; I probably should have cut out the up-level kills. But while editing I was thinking ‘ohh a 2v1 nice, more killing, gotta put that in there too :P’.
But I did speed up all the upleveled people parts because I knew it wouldn’t be the most entertaining.

I’m usually not very impressed by most videos, but this one was awesome. One of the best I think I’ve seen.

Also I’m running a nearly identical pvp build and I’ve been really loving it.

I’ve seen you around on the forums Roe, and that means quite a lot! So thank you and glad I’m not the only one running a build like this

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Didn’t watch the video but if your using that might dodge food with the endurance and arent switching to koi cakes might wanna look at aristocracy runes for another set. Don’t dump the perplexity though. They are the best.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Not super impressed. Its a condition Necro, On top of the condition aspect your running terrormancer while Running Perplexity which is pretty much instant win against most general players. Would be more impressed if it was a power necro and I wouldnt go as far to say your top 10 in the world. Your gameplay is impressive at times, but you’re being carried by the build here more then anything.

Would be interested if you had a power video sometime.

Isle Of Janthir

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

He’s got them, he started as power.

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Not super impressed. Its a condition Necro, On top of the condition aspect your running terrormancer while Running Perplexity which is pretty much instant win against most general players. Would be more impressed if it was a power necro and I wouldnt go as far to say your top 10 in the world. Your gameplay is impressive at times, but you’re being carried by the build here more then anything.

Would be interested if you had a power video sometime.

Mehhhhhh maybe, and yea like NeXeD said, I started as a power necro but currently trying out a lot of different classes/builds.
For the power necro vids: go to my channel and than the first 10 videos or so.

A WvW power necro video is actually a good idea, something to work to.
(But currently completely broke with 40 silver xD)

Didn’t watch the video but if your using that might dodge food with the endurance and arent switching to koi cakes might wanna look at aristocracy runes for another set. Don’t dump the perplexity though. They are the best.

If I was running BiP, I probably would. Otherwise, I’m too lazy…
And I would never dump perp runes :P

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

great video man first of all, also I would like an opinion in the fact that you use warhorn for the life force and for the interrupt towards perplexity, SO..my two questions are if I wasn’t running perplexity, do you think that a focus would be a good alternative? Im not sure if the LF regen from warhorn is 2% PER IMPACT, or if its just a flat 2% overall, and the 4 on focus leeches 4% per bounce and the 5 is devastating on builds centered around might stacking, protection (eles), a lot of stability(warriors and guards), and regen.

It also applies chill whitch disrupts almost all types of builds with the CD Debuff and both skills are on reliably short cooldowns. so if I could get your input on this and anyone else that would like to give be an opinion, I would appreciate it! and once again excellent content on this video make more!

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

great video man first of all, also I would like an opinion in the fact that you use warhorn for the life force and for the interrupt towards perplexity, SO..my two questions are if I wasn’t running perplexity, do you think that a focus would be a good alternative? Im not sure if the LF regen from warhorn is 2% PER IMPACT, or if its just a flat 2% overall, and the 4 on focus leeches 4% per bounce and the 5 is devastating on builds centered around might stacking, protection (eles), a lot of stability(warriors and guards), and regen.

It also applies chill whitch disrupts almost all types of builds with the CD Debuff and both skills are on reliably short cooldowns. so if I could get your input on this and anyone else that would like to give be an opinion, I would appreciate it! and once again excellent content on this video make more!

I believe it’s 2% per impact, per target. Warhorn life force regen is incredible… not that you really want to be that close to enemies as a condimancer, but it has it’s place. Especially if you are running perplexity, that warhorn offers you another interrupt, too.

Focus can be really interesting, but if you’re playing a condimancer it just doesn’t compare to dagger or warhorn. Plus a good player can dodge anything meaningful from the focus because the casts are so long.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I can actually answer that. If you’re running conditions and you don’t want warhorn, you want to use dagger off-hand. Focus is much better for power builds than condition. The vulnerability barely helps and condition builds usually have boon corruption, which all have much faster cast times than spinal shivers. Comparably, Dagger gives you a blind, more condition transfer, and more AoE bleeds and weakness.

Locust Swarm gives 2% life force per hit. Yes, if you hit 5 enemys with one pulse, you get 10% life force. Locust Swarm is an amazing skill, as even without traits, it can potentially completely fill your life force.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

thanks for the quick response im going to slightly reconsider the WH now, but still I really am enjoying the setup I have right now cause they never see the 3 corrupt boon strip coming w spinal shivers lol, its hilarious but take a look at this and tell me what you think: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW7djc00bbPNG3webigBRqWR/IwEq3+MKA-TFTEAByo+jc7PE8FBAAzAjob4IlDHcEAmSJRzPAguUCCmpmgUiRKAYWDA-w

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The build is nice. I like perplexity, too, and wish Necro had more interrupts but glad, at the same time, that Necromancer fears now count.

Fear is all about positioning and interrupts.

Thanks, Holl.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Actually Locust Swarm gives 1.8% per hit, but if you have Gluttony it’s 2%. It’s the only part of the warhorn that is unaffected by Banshee’s Wail, but it still has the second best life force regen potential after Necrotic Grasp.

Let’s start a fundraiser for Holl

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

lol

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Mhhhh…. even without perp runes I would take warhorn because the LF regen is awesome (And fear interrupts can still proc perp runes #6 bonus).

Roe and and Dranor pretty much answered your question, but let me add: with CorruptBoon and PoC (if you’re running it) you got enough boon denial. OH dagger or warhorn would be a lot better. BUT what you could do is go 4/6/0/0/4 for more condi duration and a free spinal shivers

And thanks

thanks for the quick response im going to slightly reconsider the WH now, but still I really am enjoying the setup I have right now cause they never see the 3 corrupt boon strip coming w spinal shivers lol, its hilarious but take a look at this and tell me what you think: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW7djc00bbPNG3webigBRqWR/IwEq3+MKA-TFTEAByo+jc7PE8FBAAzAjob4IlDHcEAmSJRzPAguUCCmpmgUiRKAYWDA-w

Could definitely work, but I would change out near to death, especially if you have no boons on entering DS. And maybe take some Dire for more vit. 40% crit chance is pretty high, I’d say drop it to ~30%. (And always have a WH in your inventory for swiftness OutOfCombat

The build is nice. I like perplexity, too, and wish Necro had more interrupts but glad, at the same time, that Necromancer fears now count.

Fear is all about positioning and interrupts.

Thanks, Holl.

Especially in EotM :P
And thank you!

Actually Locust Swarm gives 1.8% per hit, but if you have Gluttony it’s 2%. It’s the only part of the warhorn that is unaffected by Banshee’s Wail, but it still has the second best life force regen potential after Necrotic Grasp.

Let’s start a fundraiser for Holl

Is it really 1.8%? That would mean that the tooltip is lying, but I shouldn’t be surprised because most tooltips do :P

And that would be AWESOME, but I’m gonna have to decline because it’s mostly my own fault. I’m gonna tell you guys something horrible…. >.<

Once, I bought Genesis (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Genesis ‘a cool looking hammer’) for my DPS guardian. And since I mostly play PvP and know I would never do WvW with guardian (because of horrible mobilty and almost no swiftness)… I discarded it (20g at the time). So that was 20g down the drain for a cool skin xD

So thanks again, but don’t send me money

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Great Video! It’s not easy to find good up-to-date Condi Necro WvW videos (Maybe I don’t search the right things). I look forward to more, if you plan on it.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m sending you a fund to make another video without Perplexity runes :P. Because I enjoyed your video but I hate those runes ><

It will be from Carmen Stacy ~

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Great Video! It’s not easy to find good up-to-date Condi Necro WvW videos (Maybe I don’t search the right things). I look forward to more, if you plan on it.

Thank you, and I’ll definetely do more!
You can also check out Choxie808: https://www.youtube.com/user/Choxie808
Another great WvW necromancer who has around 10+ montages and also tons of little vids with jukez/special necro stuff/etc. No one else I know of :/

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

I’m sending you a fund to make another video without Perplexity runes :P. Because I enjoyed your video but I hate those runes ><

It will be from Carmen Stacy ~

Well, if you reallyyyy want me too I’ll need around ~80g for a new dire/rabid set and tormenting runes :P (It’s fine, dont send me too much though)

No but seriously, any other people: DON’T send me money, I’ll save up for it eventually. Getting money from other people feels…. weird. If you do I’l send 50% back!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Tried this last night. I teamed with a thief against a thief and mesmer, and it was very fun. Tried it in a guild group/mini zerg and it just didn’t have the ability to do very much damage. We went back and forth with another guild for about 5 minutes with no results. (too much condi clear) As soon as I switched back to my power build, they were instantly downed on the bomb.

With that said, I like the build for smaller scale fighting… I will keep it.

WvW Necro

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Tried this last night. I teamed with a thief against a thief and mesmer, and it was very fun. Tried it in a guild group/mini zerg and it just didn’t have the ability to do very much damage. We went back and forth with another guild for about 5 minutes with no results. (too much condi clear) As soon as I switched back to my power build, they were instantly downed on the bomb.

With that said, I like the build for smaller scale fighting… I will keep it.

Glad to hear it! And yea, anything around 5 enemies goes pretty well, but anymore and it gets worse and worse :/

ALSO: Another WvW Necro vid will come in 2-4 weeks. Currently gotta finish a lockdown mesmer montage and add some more SoloQ commentaries. Than more necro vids

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Great video again Holl!

Killing uplevelled is not fun! Killing uplevelled in a funny way IS fun

Oh, and some criticism:

please…

get rid of the Perplexity Runes (and avoid the Strength Runes too). You have lots of skill and you don’t want the normal-forum-guy saying: “You are carried by those expensive OP runes…!!!44!!!four!”

Oh, and if you meet a bronze invader asura guardian (Deso/RESO) can you /salute over my corpse?

Thanks!

#I no words have"

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

Great video again Holl!

Killing uplevelled is not fun! Killing uplevelled in a funny way IS fun

Oh, and some criticism:

please…

get rid of the Perplexity Runes (and avoid the Strength Runes too). You have lots of skill and you don’t want the normal-forum-guy saying: “You are carried by those expensive OP runes…!!!44!!!four!”

Oh, and if you meet a bronze invader asura guardian (Deso/RESO) can you /salute over my corpse?

Thanks!

Thanks as always Aggro!
And yea, I guess I’m switching to tormenting after the feedback. Would still be really fun! And with tormenting TaintedShackles would be something like a 17 sec 3 stack torment doing 6-12k dmg 0-0

And I will! After I corrupt all your boons :P
(Is far shiverpeaks against desolation? IDK…)

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Don’t listen to the rune haters, but strenght wouldn’t be optimal for a condi build like yours anyway.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Aristocracy!!!

of course that means Dungeons of a bunch of Cadecus Manor reward Track runs…

Torment could be fun though. But if you are interested in the Aristocracy Hit me up and i will do what i can to help you get some.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I wouldn’t worry too much about using Perplexity. It really doesn’t matter as much as some people think it does. Sure, it’s good… but it’s often just an excuse “Oh you used perplexity? Now I can use that as an excuse to not feel as bad for dying”. It’s not even THAT strong hah. If you actually face a group that know what they are doing (for example people with a shout guard or support warrior), perplexity falls back in line. Unless we’re talking about 1v1s. That’s when thing’s become a little… fishy, but in an outnumbered fight they shouldn’t complain if you use it and you are the outnumebred one.

Also, I would highly recommend using +40% condi food. To compensate you could grab another energy sigil on your other weaponset that doesn’t have it. People who have minus condi duration in their builds would really give you trouble if you have 0 condi duration.

Lastly, if you were to swap to Tormenting… I don’t know if I would recommend it. I’d say Krait Runes pay off much more. Tormenting is good but it makes only your sigil and Tainted Shackles last longer whereas Krait makes many more of your attacks stronger (through extending bleeding). Krait is also cheaper. If you take Koi Cakes AND Krait, your bleed duration will suddenly be 85%, which is crazy. It’s all up to you. Without 40% dodge regen you might be a bit more squishy and might take some getting used to.

You move well. Nice gameplay some very nice combos with fears when you Doom people into Spectral Wall. There’s nothing more satisfying. The bridge Spectral Wall was awesome.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

strength runes arent cheap at all, but perplexity is. However WVW isnt fair, this is not pvp, use whatever you want. You are rarely going to fight a fair one on one anyway; abuse perplexity and maul people in mass amounts. crush those zergs and push helpless old norn off mountains. death to them all, bless you child!

in Necromancer

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Neither of them are cheap lol, but as we have determined already strength would not be very optimal for his build, aristocracy would work if you wanted to go the might route.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

It’s not about cheap it’s about cheese…

The OP and many other girl/guy want to be a face of a campaign. If they avoid using very expensive runes/sigils they send a message: “Hey you poor folk! You can do it too! It’s not about money it’s skill!”

Using expensive sets in videos… “Hey this guy is carried by his/her gear…”

That’s why I suggested to change the runes to something else… Building the community if you like

#I no words have"

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

But Perplexity runes really aren’t that strong…

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

They really are for necro, punishes other classes for doing stuff, they aren’t op for necros though. Mesmers and theives make the best use ours is just good spike damage.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

They really are for necro, punishes other classes for doing stuff, they aren’t op for necros though. Mesmers and theives make the best use ours is just good spike damage.

They’re all right on Necros, but not amazing. Mesmers they’re strong on, sure, but Mesmer has the best Confusion access of anyone anyway. I would expect a Confusion-focused rune to be strongest on them.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Good skill aside…this video showcases just why Perplexity runes are banned in organized PvP.

Even with a class and build only semi-suited for it, you are able to wreck the average player.

There is no way this build would do enough damage in ranked PvP with no Perplexity runes. Where would your condi dmg come from? You have no spite, no corrupt boon, no dagger OH to xfer and add condis…it would be marks spam and 1/2 scepter…that’s it.

And your build doesn’t even include the 30pt +condi traits.

Kudos on showing this though.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Actually, Perplexity isn’t in PvP due to player’s kneejerk reactions, not because of power of the rune. It was set to be added with the rune and sigil rework patch, but the players screamed with no experience (the rune was getting changed in the same patch), or context (so was every other rune, but only 2-3 were spoiled ahead of time).

His build would be fine in PvP just from slotting Corrupt Boon in his final slot and swapping Spectral Attunement with Path of Corruption. Signet of Spite is hardly necessary there.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Holl.3109

To all the perplexity hype in this thread:
IMO perp runes really aren’t that OP on necro.

On mesmer/engineer? heck yea
On necro? nahhhhhhhhh

Mesmer and engineer both have some really nice accces to confusion, which actually does a lot of damage. Condi wvw bomb build engineer with perp runes have 3 ways to do 4-5 stacks for ~8-11 seconds. (Pry bar, confusion bomb, pistol 3, perp #6)

Necro? 1: perp #6
We do get 175 condi dmg from the runes, which is nice, but for the rest only confusion duration/procs. The confusion can do tons, or no damage depending on enemy skill level. with 8 stacks it would be around 2.5~ dmg per skill activation. Strong, yes. but they often cleanse.

Nightmare runes would do a solid 3k dmg with terror and master of terror.

All in all, the rune is very self centered for necro and has barely any synergy with traits/etc unlike nightmare/tormenting/etc.

I feel like I just said a whole lot of random stuff that barely makes sense, but it’s still morning here :P

Now plz stop with the perplexity commenting or else I would have to rename this thread to: Are perp necro’s OP?

Just get hyped for a new necro wvw video coming soon :P

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Just get hyped for a new necro wvw video coming soon :P

<—- is hyped

:)

in Necromancer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Do normal WvW next time please. I cant stand to watch EoTM map layout, eventhough it gives some lol’s with your build