WvW nerco and PVT?

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Has any one tried this and is it effective? Currently I’m running full rabid and I’m fine with it but I’m more interested in how viable full PVT gear would be and what spec would be best with it…If any one has tried it and let me know what they think, it would really just save me from trying it myself!

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Defensive Death shroud skills with 10/15/0/0/0 as a base do well with PVT because of the high fury upkeep (gives you free 20% crit chance) and high damage from retaliation. Minions also do very well in a PVT build because you are going to retain decently high damage from your minions, while having super high defensive stats to stay alive while they do the killing.

Alternatively, Nemesis has a PVT build I think. There are certainly builds that use PVT in WvW to soak up damage while providing a good amount of control.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

I have a PVT suit for my necro. It seems to work best if you work in some Soldier gear to compliment the knights. Just remember shroud hp = your max life total. So if you push up to the 30k mark you’re solid with 60k effective, before you factor in the soul reaping traits/buffs. Add in the toughness and you won’t die easily (if ever).

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I would recommend PTV over pretty much anything if you plan on running in large groups, it scales amazingly with Death Shroud and Plague. If PTV isn’t your cup of tea PPT armour works very well with Cavalier ascended Trinkets.

Just make sure you balance out your armour and trinkets though, for example i use mainly PTV armour and Zerker trinkets in my power well build.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Zikory.6871

I would like to keep a similar build focusing on staff and wells. So would the AoE still be viable with the amount of power PVT offers? Also I currently use scepter/warhorn (offhand changes though) would it be better to go dagger or axe with the build or would the cripple on the scepter #2 be enough to want to keep the scepter?

Zikory – Retired Thief

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

What will you be doing mostly in WvW? (Solo roaming, Havoc squad or Guild vs. Guild)

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I use PVT armor and Knight accessories and weapons, and it is working great.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Zikory.6871

What will you be doing mostly in WvW? (Solo roaming, Havoc squad or Guild vs. Guild)

Right now mostly following the zerg around. I’m still quite bad at small group fights.

Zikory – Retired Thief

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Ive recently finding out having a standard well trait layout and using Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup along with Necromancers high base health pool pretty much cancels out most condition damage.

That being said i have been mixing gears between Knights, Zerkers and Cavaliers to maximize toughness.

This is my current WvW build that focuses on high disruption and survivability through toughness and condition removal whilst dishing out heavy critical damage (thus avoiding the T1 weakness spamming meta).

Heres an example of my particular Bunker Well Build in action;

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

knights and all-around accessories.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

Ive recently finding out having a standard well trait layout and using Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup along with Necromancers high base health pool pretty much cancels out most condition damage.

That being said i have been mixing gears between Knights, Zerkers and Cavaliers to maximize toughness.

This is my current WvW build that focuses on high disruption and survivability through toughness and condition removal whilst dishing out heavy critical damage (thus avoiding the T1 weakness spamming meta).

Heres an example of my particular Bunker Well Build in action;

In my experience, people dont really target a person in plague form, ur not tanking more than random aoe so I dont see the point ur running around in plague form there in ur vid if you have 0 condition damage, not going to acomplish much.

Some vitality and toughness is great but you need some damage to make a difference IMO.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

Sure he is accomplishing something. Spam PoP and your putting 1s posion, cripple and weaknesss around an area. Thats big when your being focused on in a 30+ zerg. I do this all the time to JQ.

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

In my experience, people dont really target a person in plague form, ur not tanking more than random aoe so I dont see the point ur running around in plague form there in ur vid if you have 0 condition damage, not going to acomplish much.

Some vitality and toughness is great but you need some damage to make a difference IMO.

I’m not sure what you know about Tier 1 WvW, but if your not AoEing in large team-fights your doing something wrong.

As for not accomplishing much AoE blind, poison, chill and 500-800 damage, 350 retaliation damage whilst absorbing 1 of the 5 AoE effects of enemy skills is a huge advantage for your side.

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

khadorian.6417

who said im not aoeing?
Aoeing conditions with 0 condition damage vs 1000 condition damage i know which one is more useful, as faar as i see you were not stacking might in your build or gear either so you dont get any free that way.

(edited by khadorian.6417)

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

who said im not aoeing?
Aoeing conditions with 0 condition damage vs 1000 condition damage i know which one is more useful, as faar as i see you were not stacking might in your build or gear either so you dont get any free that way.

Plague is much more about control then damage, if your using anything but Plague of Darkness your doing nothing for your team. The condition damage with Withering Plague is laughable.

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Plague isn’t ever used to deal AoE condition damage, you are better off just using an Epidemic, it is used for the AoE blind/chill, with the things Ascii listed as being nice side-benefits.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

khadorian.6417

who said im not aoeing?

Plague is much more about control then damage, if your using anything but Plague of Darkness your doing nothing for your team. The condition damage with Withering Plague is laughable.

Poison reduce healing, last i heard 33%

Ask what debuff is best in any game with pvp, im 99% sure they will say healdebuff, well except you that think its nothing. Good luck with ur t1 wvw, trying to help here, but im sure you know best!

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Poison reduce healing, last i heard 33%

Ask what debuff is best in any game with pvp, im 99% sure they will say healdebuff, well except you that think its nothing. Good luck with ur t1 wvw, trying to help here, but im sure you know best!

And if you knew anything about Necromancers you would know Poison is auto-cast on every plague option.

Withering Plague: Poison, Bleed (2)
Plague of Darkness: Poison, Blind
Plague of Pestilence: Poison, Cripple, Weakness.

Using Plague of Darkness with Chilling Darkness traited is an AoE Poison, Blind, Cripple and direct damage for 20 seconds straight. I stated the damage of the conditions dealt by Plague is laughable, not the conditions themselves.

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

khadorian.6417

That means ur not doing nothing, you are doing poison for ur team..

The point is you have 0 condition damage and your build would be better if you had, simple as that.

(edited by khadorian.6417)

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

That means ur not doing nothing, you are doing poison for ur team..

The point is you have 0 condition damage and your build would be better if you had, simple as that.

But but but,

“Poison es #1 huehuehue it es nurf baddies healing.” – khadorian.6417

oh also don’t forget the blind.. and the chill… and the damage…

Plague is for inflicting control conditions, not for damaging, atleast thats how every smart Necromancer uses Plague for.

(edited by Ascii.9726)

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

khadorian.6417

every smart person would understand that this is about ur build and not about plague in particular. It is after all 20 sec duration with 240 sec cd.

to big ego to listen i guess, bye

WvW nerco and PVT?

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

every smart person would understand that this is about ur build and not about plague in particular. It is after all 20 sec duration with 240 sec cd.

to big ego to listen i guess, bye

Its 180 second cooldown not 240 seconds. I’m starting to think you don’t even know what skill your talking about.