WvW powerbased zerg build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

Hello everyone,

I’ve been playing for necro quite a while now, especially in PvP and WvW. I really love the class, think it’s one of the coolest out there. However i’ve only really ever played condinecro. Although i found it quite satisfactory in WvW zerging, i feel like it could be a lot better. That’s why i really want to try a Powerbuild for zerging.

There are some things i think i reaaly want/need
-Wells (seems obvious)
-good to very good dmg
- i think i want 30 in soul reaping for either the prec in DS or the stab in DS (not sure which one is best) but if ppl have better ideas i can drop the 30 there.

So yeah, any ideas would be welcome here.
I thank you for your time

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Wells_Backline
the meta right now for zerging in wvw, its more of a backline build but fufills your requirements :p

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I agree a power-wells zerg support build is viable. Staff benefits from duration on Spite in WvW more, I think, than what Curses provides. You can still put trait points in both but wells deserve some traiting depending upon your intended zerg role and, of course, wells benefit heavily from Spite’s power/duration.

in Necromancer

Baseleader.4128

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

You have kind of a mixed bag but it should work all right. The one thing you may consider is trading SA for WoD or WoP as needed.

I often trait Ritual Mastery, too, when concentrating on zerg support. Add Staff Mastery and Greater Marks for a total rear line support package – classic PVT. However, that means life can be tough if you are caught out of position.

in Necromancer

Baseleader.4128

I would like more dmg than i would get with PVT

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bias.4306

Bias.4306

(edited by Bias.4306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

You can go full zerker and still be really kitten tanky. My necro is using a wells build in wvw and despite being full zerker I survive longer than my kitten engi that’s using celestial at around 3.2k armor.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

PVT traits do not mean PVT equipment, though most automatically assume they should. Alternatively, you can use PVT armor on a Power/crit build. Equipment can reinforce the stat’s you are strong in, or buff stat’s you are weak in. Start with build, weapon, and upgrade selection and tweak with equipment stats.

in Necromancer

Posted by: L U X A.9452

L U X A.9452

Once you try power you might not go back to condi ^^
This is what I use:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAW3djc00SbNNm3wfbCchC63MAahouAqPjw4LA-TlSDwAMOIAJuCAPV2VVpwL1fWoEk3+Dg0NAwE0gHAApAsaBA-w

For roaming I just switch utilities and VIII in Soul Reaping for II…

The reason why am I using Runes of Pack is because they give me nice Power and Precision and most important Fury for 10sec which can be big booster for you damage…