Wvw build recommendations needed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Need some advice on gear choice for wvw.

Been sitting on my necro for a while and haven’t played her much since I first leveled and geared her. I am thinking of going back to her for WvW as a change of pace and need some advice since the meta’s changed a lot since this latest patch.

I haven’t changed my trait allocation since the beginning.

30/30/10/0/0

All I’ve done so far is switch out for Dhuumfire, didn’t need to respect for that.

Currently wearing Rabid gear with runes of the undead. (Toughness based condition increase)

Sup Sigil of corruption on dagger with scepter.

Sup Sigil of corruption on staff.

Should I change out from that setup to some sort of zerk setup or some sort of Shaman setup or remain with that?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

For PvP encounters condition builds are really strong right now. Since you’ll have 30 in spite, lingering curses wouldn’t really be worth it. Most bursts condition builds would either go 30/20/0/0/20 or 0/30/20/0/20 (sans burning) this is mostly for the master of terror trait, Since terror condition builds with torment and optionally burning crowd control things to death very quickly. Such a build is very powerful but tough to micromanage, especially with cooldowns.

Rabid gear would probably be fine, I wouldn’t see any reason to go Carrion unless you dropped staff for dagger/WH for more control but less fear and aoe

This is all theory to me, I usually only run power.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Builds depends completely on what you plan on doing in WvW, typically narrowed down to;

• Solo roaming (hitting yaks, sentry points).
  • Havoc (hitting supply camps).
  • ZvZ/ GvG (roaming with large numbers, usually end up fighting 30+).
Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

You probably want to look into power builds if you are going to be zerging. Condition for anything else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

These are all good builds for wvw:

30/20/0/10/0
30/20/0/0/20
0/30/0/10/30

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

30/20/0/10/0
30/20/0/0/20
0/30/0/10/30

Maybe for roaming… as far as the ZvZ meta goes its 0/20/10/20/0 min with heavy well focus.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: AllegroPixel.9470

AllegroPixel.9470

30/20/0/10/0
30/20/0/0/20
0/30/0/10/30

Maybe for roaming… as far as the ZvZ meta goes its 0/20/10/20/0 min with heavy well focus.

What would you recommend for gear for that partial build? I’m trying to get out of my old build (Shoebix’ old Juggermancer build, while awesome, I feel is starting to see it’s age, and being the only necro I know going full soldier’s with all crests is making me worried I’m missing out on some good fun in my goal for maxing out my tough/vit)…and old habbits die hard. I think I just need to go cold turkey on the build and go for somethings that’s fresher, but still provides good damage and utility.

Oops, and for the record, when I WvW I pretty much only go GvG, and rarely roam.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Rabid all the way, you are set with gear.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

For ZvZ/GvG you want 0/20/20/0/30, blood magic traits are not really needed, at all, DS should keep you healthy along with your guild support. I run DS cooldown reduction trait and stability and use spectral walk + built in spectral armor makes it quite easy to survive and the damage is really great.
Gear is a mix of berserker/knights with ruby orbs and a few soldier trinkets.

Try it.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in Necromancer

Posted by: AllegroPixel.9470

AllegroPixel.9470

I’ll definitely give it a shot! This sounds like a good middle ground to test out

Stupid question Aphix…what’s the weapon setup there?

(edited by AllegroPixel.9470)

in Necromancer

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

I like 0/30/10/0/30 i’m a small group roaming guys.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAndWjMah7tbGbMcKApCPPV4boH5WrzUKgndA-jEyAoNBR6TgICgJwioxW3KiGreBTXSEV7PKiWtMAmjB-w

Its a power build BUT has 5xx healing and keeps regen up with good life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I’m using 0/30/20/20/0 with WoB,WoC,WoD,Wall, full Rabid, Giver’s MH Weaps, and Aussie Aussie Aussie Koi Koi Koi Cakes!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Good options. Currently I am almost pure rabid with 30/30/10/0/0.

Still have carrion rings though.

I still need to get some ascended rabid rings because rabid can’t be crafted as exotic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lokyate.1387

Lokyate.1387

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMad7haWa87JAJFPDd0jiHOYKFlnOA-jEyA0CYqCEhAIBWEN2KaR0Y1LY6Sioa/RR0qFCYxcA-w

Learn it, live it, love it. I still swear by it.
Full Rabid.
Only went with quality tuning crystals because they’re a lot cheaper.
Great for ZvZ, group play and solo in my experience.
Edit: Yes, Well of Suffering is more of a power skill, and you can totally swap it out for whatever else you want. However, in my playstyles, most zerg fights (often disorganized) are over quite quickly, and the large area forces a dodge or at least ticks a large number of enemies for a bit of damage. A bit like an additional AoE condition, in addition to Vuln.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMad7haWa87JAJFPDd0jiHOYKFlnOA-jEyA0CYqCEhAIBWEN2KaR0Y1LY6Sioa/RR0qFCYxcA-w

Full Rabid.
Edit: Yes, Well of Suffering is more of a power skill, and you can totally swap it out for whatever else you want. However, in my playstyles, most zerg fights (often disorganized) are over quite quickly, and the large area forces a dodge or at least ticks a large number of enemies for a bit of damage. A bit like an additional AoE condition, in addition to Vuln.

The build you linked is not full rabid.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Full Rabid.

The build you linked is not full rabid.

Also Para sigil on staff is completely useless now.