You know its Sad when....

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

The Most Iconic ability gets removed from the class…..

i cant believe they could not find a way to add some special effects to it change its numbers add more support oriented abilities to it or anything outside of removing shroud…..

Shroud is one of the main reason i enjoy necro….

Devs instead of removing Iconic abilities like these Fix it and tailor it…

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I can’t begin to comprehend this. Shroud has not been removed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Same reason soul beast doesn’t have pets. Because there has always been a small but vocal section of the necro community whining for the removal of shroud.

With Scourge coming, those people can stuff it now, and the future elites will go back to shroud.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Both base necro and reaper will retain shroud. Scourge still uses the life force mechanic.

You will have 3 methods by which you can use your life force: Death Shroud, Reaper Shroud, or Sand Shroud. So really you’re gaining a new way to play.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Both base necro and reaper will retain shroud. Scourge still uses the life force mechanic.

You will have 3 methods by which you can use your life force: Death Shroud, Reaper Shroud, or Sand Shroud. So really you’re gaining a new way to play.

oh so Shroud actualy stays but its more like a resource in the Exp ???

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Life Force stays, but Shroud does not. The new F2-F5 skills cost Life Force to use.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Life Force stays, but Shroud does not. The new F2-F5 skills cost Life Force to use.

ooooh thats actualy somewhat nice……

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Yeah, it’s a different take on what life force actually means. It’s closer to adrenaline or number of clones for scourge, except it shouldn’t decay out of combat.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

They always say necromancers can’t have anything nice because “second life bar”.

So Anet decided to take away that and give absolutely nothing of what this community have asked for years, in exchange.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

All 3 specs have a damage shield. Scourge just spreads it out to allies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

F5 actually is a sand shroud you enter for 7s and that will trigger all shroud traits that rely on entering/being in shroud. You dont use life force as hp though

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

F5 actually is a sand shroud you enter for 7s and that will trigger all shroud traits that rely on entering/being in shroud. You dont use life force as hp though

Except its on a 20s cd, which kinda guts the “on entering shroud” traits -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Trait synergy have never been a thing among necromancers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

It lasts for 6 seconds, and these days, I usually don’t stay in shroud for more than 10 unless I’m focused hard. The fact that you keep your utilities, weapon skills, and access to healing in sand shroud, I feel it’s a good trade off.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

As a Guild wars 1 player…. When I joined GW2… I LOATHED Death shroud. I Despised it. I hated what it represented, I wished it would be removed and their mechanic would be worked into something not so horrible. Especially since it was a shadow of its former self compared to the Beta at the time.

I have since learned to like it but only after reaper came out and even then I’m still fairly lukewarm to the mechanic since I still can’t have utility in shroud. But now with Scourge, it seems they’re going into a direction with this elite that I’ve always wanted it to be. And that Scares me…

If I hated shroud so much why should it scare me? Because there is evidence that they wont balance it properly. That Desert shroud will be were all of the shroud abilities will be dumped on which would be horrible and kill the elite spec for me. My hope is that they shift the focus from “In shroud” to “Spending life force” to give it a dual function with turtling in shroud and the bursty effect of the Scourge’s life force spending. This is my hope as shifting focus from shroud turtling to life force spending opens up a tone of doors for future elite specs while simultaneously having no negative effect on the core profession and Reaper.

in Necromancer

Coffietire.2783

As a Guild wars 1 player…. When I joined GW2… I LOATHED Death shroud. I Despised it. I hated what it represented, I wished it would be removed and their mechanic would be worked into something not so horrible. Especially since it was a shadow of its former self compared to the Beta at the time.

I have since learned to like it but only after reaper came out and even then I’m still fairly lukewarm to the mechanic since I still can’t have utility in shroud. But now with Scourge, it seems they’re going into a direction with this elite that I’ve always wanted it to be. And that Scares me…

If I hated shroud so much why should it scare me? Because there is evidence that they wont balance it properly. That Desert shroud will be were all of the shroud abilities will be dumped on which would be horrible and kill the elite spec for me. My hope is that they shift the focus from “In shroud” to “Spending life force” to give it a dual function with turtling in shroud and the bursty effect of the Scourge’s life force spending. This is my hope as shifting focus from shroud turtling to life force spending opens up a tone of doors for future elite specs while simultaneously having no negative effect on the core profession and Reaper.

On the flip side, with desert shroud getting most (probably not all) of those effects, you’re now getting them while still having access to your weapons, heal, condi cleanse, stun breakers, the works. With all shade skills activating a second attack, it’s safe to assume that reapers might and dhumfire will trigger with every skill you use. It’s also safe to assume that path of corruption will be assigned to the second skill, essentially turning it into a more aggresive version of mesmer’s null field.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

On the flip side, with desert shroud getting most (probably not all) of those effects, you’re now getting them while still having access to your weapons, heal, condi cleanse, stun breakers, the works. With all shade skills activating a second attack, it’s safe to assume that reapers might and dhumfire will trigger with every skill you use. It’s also safe to assume that path of corruption will be assigned to the second skill, essentially turning it into a more aggresive version of mesmer’s null field.

So that is a possibility but the problem is that many of the traits we have don’t function well with desert shroud. They’re under tuned for it in most cases. Such as Foot in the grave or Weakening shroud. While others will just be useless. Shifting the focus to function on using life force is better.

How do I mean? Well, lets put it in perspective. Lets say you have Death perception traited.. While using Desert shroud its a super move that has similar function to Decimate defenses but worse in many situations because of its short duration. Now lets take it to spending life force. Lets say now you have decimate defense. You trigger any of your 5 skills and suddenly you get a duration of the 50% based on life force spent or perhaps a flat 3 seconds. This gives you some interesting interactive play that allows for some interesting controlled bursts. How would this work on shroud? Well each second you’re in shroud you are “spending” life force and as such death perception would constantly proc maintaining the same effect. This would make it more interesting from a gameplay perspective rather than just making desert shroud a lousy super move.

in Necromancer

Coffietire.2783

While I don’t quite understand your concern with weakening shroud (we’re getting a lot more ways to corrupt boons) I can understand death perception and foot in the grave not working really well.

However, I think that’s the point, the Scourge doesn’t look like a spec intended to be a bruiser or power dps. Life force is now essentially mana, giving us a more traditional mage glass cannon with some unconventional support.

Much like how Dragon Hunters have a harder time exploiting absolute resolution, I think we are going to have to come to terms with the fact that not every trait works well with every spec.

Luckily, switching traits hasn’t been a chore since mid 2014.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

While I don’t quite understand your concern with weakening shroud (we’re getting a lot more ways to corrupt boons) I can understand death perception and foot in the grave not working really well.

However, I think that’s the point, the Scourge doesn’t look like a spec intended to be a bruiser or power dps. Life force is now essentially mana, giving us a more traditional mage glass cannon with some unconventional support.

Much like how Dragon Hunters have a harder time exploiting absolute resolution, I think we are going to have to come to terms with the fact that not every trait works well with every spec.

Luckily, switching traits hasn’t been a chore since mid 2014.

It’s just one example. The death magic line gets hit pretty hard if that’s the case too. Shrouded removal only removing 2-3 conditions rather slowly or the toughness buff, or unholy sanctuary. What about unholy martyr? Some of those traits are bad but if it’s linked to desert shroud it makes them even worse. Transfusion which has okay use now doesn’t work all that well since its on a channel and scourge doesn’t have access to a skill 4 channel. Dark path doesn’t work either and furious demise which was good for shroud flashing might as well not exist if this is the case. I don’t want to be doom and gloom here but if it’s linked to desert shroud it’ll be bad for the elite specs usability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Transfusion which has okay use now doesn’t work all that well since its on a channel and scourge doesn’t have access to a skill 4 channel.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud

Enter the desert shroud, gaining a powerful barrier and pulsing necrotic energy around you and your sand shades.
Targets affected by this ability can only be affected once per pulse.
Life Force Cost: 3685
Damage (7x): 1,477
Barrier: 4568
Torment (2s): 64 Damage, 127 Damage if Moving
Number of Targets: 5
Pulses: 7
Duration: 6s
Interval: 1s
Radius: 180

To me Transfusion could be pulsed passively from desert shroud/sand shades

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Ditching shroud should have been a way to add mobility, blocks, invulnerability, and other things that scale with being focused.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Ditching shroud should have been a way to add mobility, blocks, invulnerability, and other things that scale with being focused.

We got the non-stunbreak, non-instantCast Sand Portal! – Necro POF

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Why?
We already have the second lif… oh…right…

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Same reason soul beast doesn’t have pets. Because there has always been a small but vocal section of the necro community whining for the removal of shroud.

With Scourge coming, those people can stuff it now, and the future elites will go back to shroud.

But soul beast has his pet – he can merge with it but at any time they can defuse and you got your pet back into classic ranger mode…

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Transfusion which has okay use now doesn’t work all that well since its on a channel and scourge doesn’t have access to a skill 4 channel.

Enter the desert shroud, gaining a powerful barrier and pulsing necrotic energy around you and your sand shades.

We can’t dump everything on Sand Shroud. Which has been my point from the start.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Removing the ‘shroud’ is a trade off for people who wanted the ‘support’ necro they got it with the Scourge

As for as the Scourge is I’m still not into it yet but I know some people like the whole ‘support’ necro.

As for the whole removing the the shroud they are trying something new.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

We can’t dump everything on Sand Shroud. Which has been my point from the start.

I fear that will be so.. but I can see it once the download will end.

Edit. nevermind, I’ll see tomorrow when the login will be available

(edited by Vitali.5039)