You'll-never-kill-me build sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shinjusuke.9156

Shinjusuke.9156

Fooling around with some drain builds, settled on this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNBIhZakRLcPZzajeTBIV45JFc7Nkib3NSByKD;TwAg0CsoGyMkYI7QuhkDtqYEymgJGA

Could I get some thoughts? I’m aware they made the “drain” build concept not synergize with anything at all, but I wanted to see what I could come up with as far as it’s concerned. Unsure whether to go 30 points in power tree for the increased dmg to low hp targets, not sure what i’d take out for it.

Idea is to go into downed state and just plain not be killable without a finisher as long as someone is in range.

(edited by Shinjusuke.9156)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

It’s a nice concept and could prove kind of humorous in hotjoins.

But you’ll be finished off in tourneys just as fast, EVERY decent team runs people with stability and invulnerabilities simply for quick finishers.

Sorry to say but for sPvP it’s just not really gonna work out all that well.

EDIT: Also siphoning health doesn’t actually heal you all that much. Again in hotjoins it might help in 1v1s and smaller fights, but it won’t save you for the hoards of glass canon scrubs smashing their faces on their keyboards or any sort of large scale fight (cause necros are almost always focused due to lack of stability and healing).

Might be a decent build for PvE though, I’ve never tried that though so I couldn’t say for sure.

(edited by Vicarious.3047)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

It honestly feels like you’re dividing your attention to too many traits and areas to almost become an ineffective blob. Regardless, I like the idea behind it.

I’ve fooled around with Leeching builds as well, and honestly I think this one is my favorite:

30/0/10/30/0
VI, X, XI, I, II, VIII, XII
Runes of Vampirism
Knight’s Amulet (Beserker Jewel)
Axe (Sigil of Leeching)/Focus (Sigil of Bloodlust)
Dagger (Sigil of Leeching)/Dagger (Sigil of Bloodlust)
Well of Suffering, Well of Corruption, Signet of Locust, Flesh Golem

Certified anti-burst build, very tough to kill.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Vicarious.3047

You don’t need two sigils of bloodlust cause it’ll proc even if the weapon with that particular sigil isn’t currently in use, it’s a complete waste to have two.

Aside from that though I’ll probably try your build out none the less, I’m looking for my fav necro role still anyway lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Ah must’ve been a typo, I meant to have Sigil of Battle.

That build is made specifically to roam. Think of it as a tank.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Can siphoning health + life leech really heal you faster than your health ticks away? Even if it does, always having someone in range who doesn’t stomp you (or simply does more damage than you can heal for) is wishfull thinking in pvp.
Also death’s embrace and terror aren’t traits exclusive to this build. The only trait that could further improve your downed state would be dark armor since life leech is a channeling skill, allthough last time I checked this was still bugged.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shinjusuke.9156

Shinjusuke.9156

After some tinkering/testing in both normal sPvP and tourny’s, I tweaked my build some. So far, I frankly do not lose 1v1’s, win most 1v2’s, and do very well in large scale skirmishes (4v4 and up).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQNBIhZakRrWPczajeTBIV45pHc7N4QKud3oCID;TwAg0Csocy4kwJrTOnkOtAZ0wmgJGA

It takes a solid knowledge of your timeframes and cooldowns, as well as consistent utilization of DS and your minion abilities, but I honestly think this build is one of my favorites. If you manage to get some of those extra bonus healing stacks, you’re a SERIOUS pain in the kitten to kill. Nothing funnier than getting jumped and downed, and immediately after knocking the guy from half hp to downed to dead and getting back up.

If you want more damage over sustain, you can put more work into the precision tree: to be honest, the greater marks is optional, I use it because frankly I think it’s one of the best traits there is. In the build you have (potentially) two cases of health regain through crits, so depending on how you build it may be possible to trade ~20% (guess) of this builds sustainability in exchange for more frequent crits. I however have not had an issue thus far.

Give it a shot for PvP, and i’m sure it’d be ridiculous in PvE. It’s a lot of fun

note: don’t be a kitten and run straight into 3 thieves in PvP and wonder why you died. That doesn’t really work for anyone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sannhet.8745

Sannhet.8745

You don’t need two sigils of bloodlust cause it’ll proc even if the weapon with that particular sigil isn’t currently in use, it’s a complete waste to have two.

Aside from that though I’ll probably try your build out none the less, I’m looking for my fav necro role still anyway lol

Wait, what? Since when? BL only stacks if you get the kill using the weapon set that has it on it unless it changed drastically and I missed it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Sannhet is correct, stacking sigils only give you the stacks if you are using the weapons they are in at the time of the kill.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

I actually fooled around with something like this a while before the quickness nerf in Hotjoin.

I used the +50 while down and went full Zerkers with Balthazar runes for the quickness proc at low health. With the awesome pre-nerf quickness anyone not running a good tank would just melt to nothing in a couple seconds before anyone could stomp. It was handy 1v1 and in hotjoin it was funny as hell to rally 20x at a group fight, but it can’t be taken seriously in 5’s. A few times I downed 2 or more from my back before rallying.

Now that quickness got the nerf bat it is probably even less viable, but I bet it would still wreak havoc against hotjoin heroes.

in Necromancer

Vicarious.3047

Wait, what? Since when? BL only stacks if you get the kill using the weapon set that has it on it unless it changed drastically and I missed it.

Sannhet is correct, stacking sigils only give you the stacks if you are using the weapons they are in at the time of the kill.

I run with a bloodlust sigil on my secondary, which I only use to move around the battle field quickly thus never getting any kills or finishers with it out, and I still get the bloodlust stacks, no joke.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Whether or not you think you are getting kills with it or not, the only time you get stacks is when you are credited with a kill when the sigil-bearing weapon is active. It is pretty common that you will get credit for a kill after the fact, if you have done a bunch of damage to someone but it took them a while to be finished off by someone else.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build