Your Jan/Feb expectation for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

I don’t have none since necros mostly go untouch without the core problems being fix, the last patch fixed some stuff but not the major problems we have, i will expect the same. Not getting my hopes up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Every other class gets cool stuff/fixes/improvements/buffs/nerfs. We only get 2 soulbound Oranges.

I’d be happy with my 2 oranges I think.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gluttony.2017

Gluttony.2017

They are probably going to nerf wells and staff(and all other aoe) because thiefs are complaining that they cant stealth res or stealth stomp when playing against competent players. But hey, mention that stealth is op and you get shouted down and told to l2p lol. all hail JS so that we one day master death shroud and show all those noobs how to properly play the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

They are probably going to nerf wells and staff(and all other aoe) because thiefs are complaining that they cant stealth res or stealth stomp when playing against competent players. But hey, mention that stealth is op and you get shouted down and told to l2p lol. all hail JS so that we one day master death shroud and show all those noobs how to properly play the game.

I know this is meant to be sarcastic, but I can’t help think that this is actually whats happening. I kid you not, the biggest complaint thieves have in my guild is the fact they can get hit by AoE and people spamming their auto attack while they’re stealthed.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

Yeah they already stated they will be toning down AoE, and in the current tPvP meta that pretty much means Necros. I don’t think they are going to touch wells but they will probably reduce the radius bonus from Greater Marks.

I’m hoping buff-wise they beef up the Blood Magic line. If it was more viable it would open up so many new playstyles. Minion AI needs to be fixed (hey ranger pet AI finally got fixed so there’s hope!) before doing anything drastic to the Death Magic line. Same with Power line since it is related to many currently unviable builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

More nerfing since according to ANet, DS is god & last in profession priorities… I’m over suggesting improvements. My enjoying in playing my necro is managing challenging despite it’s bugs and handicap rather for then it’s specialities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Couple changes to underwater skills and a statement saying there working on minion AI and response time but they had to change Mesmers illusion response time from 0.25 seconds to 0.125 seconds because there complaining there slow at engaging.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Squirry.6290

Squirry.6290

I expect that they will do absolutely nothing, while repeating their delusional idea that necromancer is very good at attrition fights and keeping enemies from getting away, and that’s why they need to to be bad at everything else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

All I want is for the Death Magic trait line to be tweaked so we’re not forced to take minion traits as minor traits, and for Minion AI to be debugged. Those two things would make me supremely happy.

You would think the Death Magic bit would be easy, but apparently I’m the ONLY person here that is annoyed about being pidgeonholed into a minion minor trait set.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Well gaming PC is still down so cant play much with my laptop but I would love Ai fixes (never will happen) and some traits changed to have better life siphons, and heck reanimator and horde trait to be made optional since we should never be forced to have a minion if we dont want to.

I also expect them to nerf our marks or wells since some players think its unfair or they hit to hard.

Edit: CrazyAce you are not the only one who is annoyed. Most of us just got sick of saying it really.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Fixed Death Shroud so its not longer possible to res or stomp while in deathshroud.

Updated minion tooltip to state “they can do whatever they want” minion ai fixed.

Wells radius reduced.

Wells can now only hit a max of 2 people

Epedimic can only affect 2 people and transfers a max of 1 stack pr condition

Slowed down projectile speed of staff 1 to make it more inline with its intended speed slightly lower than backpeddling.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Humanogrowth.8059

Humanogrowth.8059

i have a feeling that greater marks is going to get nerfed….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Nerf wells and marks? That would be a perfect example of how a game shouldn’t and can’t successfully be balanced around only one mode (sPVP). I bored of team pvp quickly and mostly do WvW, and I already feel wells have little purpose there, esp for any non wells build. Most fights are large ranging affairs and people have plenty of room to get out of the way of larger marks and wells.

But in sPVP everything is centered around holding these tiny capture points hardly larger than some of the AOE in the game, so everyone makes builds to excel within the circle, but nerfing there might makes them doubly crappy in the other game modes, which is unacceptable for a profession that only has a few avenues that excels in as it is, and one is in large size team vs team fights and sieges.

Instead of balancing with such narrowmindedness, they should try to be a little creative, and think outside the box. One way would be increase tPVP capture points to the size of WvW camp capture points. This would make wells and larger marks less powerful and more easily avoidable without actually reducing our DPS farther in a hard sense, and nerfing the class everywhere else in the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LanceKing.3017

LanceKing.3017

1. Reduction in Health (about 10k is about right)
2. Keep current Minion AI, make them pull champions, bosses when no needed
3. Increase cd on Epidemic, from 15s to 45 s
4. Decrease number of casts of staff skill #1 (from 1 per sec to 2 per sec)
5. Axe damages reduced
6. No Aoe attack from axe or dagger auto attacks

That would definitely bring necromancer to the most OP class in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

anyone have a link to the specific dev comment regarding aoe?

i dont really see them nerfing marks or wells. they arent spammable and have relatively long cooldowns. when i think of scary aoe, i think of mind wrack and large weapon cleave, maybe epidemic. and staff ele’s, but currently no one runs staff and ele’s are pigeon holed into 30 water because of the low-health/high return on healing power bs.

there really hasnt been any “senseless” nerfing since launch (im sure some people will hate on me for saying that).

necro changes?

Spite sucks. none of the major traits have synergy with anything, and %dmg from the final trait only applies to power damage, and making the grandmasters mutually exclusive screws over axe. people only take this tree for the raw stats/condi duration. the minors are all useless. i predict some of the majors get merged, and spite continues to suck.

curses is in a good place. i like the change to terror, but the lengths you have to go to make fear last 2 seconds is absolutely stupid (30 spite+ 20 sr + 2 very specific rune combinations?), and its not worth the investment for only 1 tic of damage otherwise. expected changes: nothing.

death magic sucks. the minor traits are completely unacceptable, especially the 5 pointer that creates that annoying &%$#@ that spams your screen with damage taken tics, grabs aggro and contributes nothing. anet, please get rid of this, dont force pet choices through unavoidable minors. staff traits need merging, minion traits need merging. expected changes: nothing.

blood sucks only because all the life siphons are terrible, with poor base healing and the worst healing coefficients imaginable. making some sort of blood healing actually work (putting deathly invigoration on par with cleansing wave, putting siphons on par with passive regen, putting “life siphon” on par with healing ripple, would be incredible, though would probably come at hit to dagger life-force gen. Transfusion should effect “life siphon” as well. expected changes: never, ever.

soul reaping is in a good place, if DS not doing &$#@ for condition necros is a good place. some fear the DS/stomp/rez nerfbat, but if this comes it would only be fair to swing at stealth stomping, quickness stomping, mist form stomping, elixir S stomping, renewed focus stomping, SoStone tomping, shared anguish stomping, and every other non-stablized stomp. which pretty much just leaves guardians as the only class allowed to stomp people. Needs a trait that changes DS 1 skill to a powerful condition application (burning!). expected changes: none.

TL;DR: probably nothing will change (except more people quitting the game over thief imbalance/out-of-stealth rendering in wvw, or as some people call it, the major endgame).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaph.4931

Zaph.4931

I expect to do this face:

Attachments:

Zalren 80 Necromancer
The Nazgul [NaZ]
Ring of Fire [EU]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kill.6973

Kill.6973

anyone have a link to the specific dev comment regarding aoe?

AOE balance. We feel that in PvP some AOE builds are too strong for the opportunity cost, and we’ll be bringing those in line in the next few patches.”

Jonathan Sharp said it during the patch notes, apparently they seem to switch their “philosophy” on the necro every month.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post1061889

I don’t play this game anymore, but idk why you guys think they will nerf the marks radius lol. I’d really laugh and thank ANET for sealing the deal.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

My expectations

Overall Gameplay:
>Bleed Cap has been removed in PvE and WvW environment
>Conditions now affect some types of objects(excluding some structures which it could turn in an unfair advantage such as WvW doors) or
>Enemy objects damage from condition damage users has been recalculated to feel similar to direct damage users.
>Minion AI has been fixed overall
>Dodge breaking during it’s activation has been fixed.(happens a lot)

Necromancer:
>Scepter 1,2,3 and Dagger Offhand range has been increased from 900 to 1200.
>Death Shroud UI, now shows boons and conditions on the necromancer
>Flesh Golems can now swim, or has been replaced with an undead Shark which charges stacking a 5 bleed on the target(similar to ranger’s sharks)
>Reanimator removed, new trait Corpse Explosion. Whenever a target that grants you exp or glory dies, it explodes bleeding(3 stacks) nearby targets during 10 seconds. May trigger Death Nova. 30 seconds cooldown.
>Axe damage has been increased overall by 20%.
>Staff skills base damage increased.
>Greater Marks also increases staff damage by 10%.
>Deadly Strength now gives 5% condition damage as well.
>Close to Death fixed, now it also increases condition damage.
>Grasping Death tooltip fixed. Now it reflects correct bleed stacks and duration.
>Vampiric and Vampiric precision life steal health gain have been increased.
>Necrotic Grasp’s projectile travel speed increased.
>Fixed a bug where Plague Form and Lich Form stopped increasing stacks accumulation from some sigils when the transformation ended.
>Death Nova poison duration increased to 5 seconds.
>Reaper’s Might now affects Necrotic Grasp.

What these changes offer? Build variation I guess, necro feel too incomplete as it is atm. I think condition damage is left out way too much in comparison to Direct damage in all situations. Also necro’s feel like way too much open to attacks in comparison to other scholar classes, specially mesmers, hence the 300 range increase on scepter and off hand dagger. Alas, undead Shark is a suggestion that would allow necromancers to use another elite underwater aside Plague Form.

(edited by Sethorus.9231)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

I would actually be totally okay with a slight damage nerf to wells. It just gets boring when all I see other Necro characters doing is attempting to wellbomb or go 20 pts in curses for GTAoE and spam them from a safe ledge.

Don’t you think it would be better to bring the necro’s other abilities up to par with wells instead of removing one of the few alternatives to conditionmancer? What, the cooldown isn’t long enough? The add-on traits aren’t weak enough? Maybe we can down the protection from 3s to 1s.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

My expectation is that lifesteal food and other procs off crit that don’t have an internal CD will get one to balance themselves against the weapon sigils. Right now flamethrower engineers are posting builds exploiting the lack of cooldown on lifesteal food and Anet will obviously not allow that to continue.

So necros will be left with the only lifesteal ability that’s not on a cooldown timer unless they nerf that too. There would even be room to upgrade necro lifesteal since the other lifesteal methods are now nerfed, but I doubt Anet will do that.

I expect that Anet will continue to ignore the problem with condition stacking, since I’ve never even seen that they recognize this as a problem and definitely not as a priority.

I expect that Anet will stick to its stated philosophy of Necro being the class that brings condition damage together with power damage, even though the two stats quite explicitly do not help one another EXCEPT in the case of might-stacking which other classes do better.

I expect that necro pets will be fixed exactly 5 patches after ranger ones are, and the fixed pets will go from worthless and dangerous to the owner to slightly less than worthless but still dangerous and still mandatory.

I expect that no classes whatsoever will get any reworks, and indeed receive no tweaks aside from minor number changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

thank god I have a level 80 thief with decked out berserker swag. I can go relieve myself by ganking with him if this all goes to sh00ts.

they should increase the radius of wells to make a 1600 range diameter >.>

recently I’ve just been might stacking, BiP’ing, dropping WoS, going into lich, and using Golem In a Box to instagib everything in sight.

I feel like the class needs some lubbin.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

- DS UI fix
- Post on the forums from dev “AI fix too hard. Working as intended. lel”

in Necromancer

Humanogrowth.8059

if they nerf marks and wells, i am done with this game…i hope elder scrolls online has no subscription fees

in Necromancer

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Nerf wells and marks? That would be a perfect example of how a game shouldn’t and can’t successfully be balanced around only one mode (sPVP). I bored of team pvp quickly and mostly do WvW, and I already feel wells have little purpose there, esp for any non wells build. Most fights are large ranging affairs and people have plenty of room to get out of the way of larger marks and wells.

But in sPVP everything is centered around holding these tiny capture points hardly larger than some of the AOE in the game, so everyone makes builds to excel within the circle, but nerfing there might makes them doubly crappy in the other game modes, which is unacceptable for a profession that only has a few avenues that excels in as it is, and one is in large size team vs team fights and sieges.

Instead of balancing with such narrowmindedness, they should try to be a little creative, and think outside the box. One way would be increase tPVP capture points to the size of WvW camp capture points. This would make wells and larger marks less powerful and more easily avoidable without actually reducing our DPS farther in a hard sense, and nerfing the class everywhere else in the game.

This, this, 100x this. If they blanket nerf the staff because of some tPvP whiners then I’ll be extremely kitten – the staff isn’t OP in the slightest, and the enlarged Greater Marks radius makes up for it’s comparatively weak (vs. other classes) hitting skills and the fact that Marks require an enemy to trigger vs. other classes AoEs which are fire-and-forget (and often times, tick for several seconds of damage). The skills aren’t very spammable, even traited – it only makes skill 2 semi-spammable, which is a couple bleeds and a local regen (big whoop), and this is perfectly fine. If the skills on the staff actually hit like a truck instead of basically just applying some conditions, I’d be fine with them ‘bringing it in line,’ but the actual direct damage is completely abysmal.

If they are having issues with AoEs or whatever in tPvP then they need to make skill adjustments that are confined to tPvP instead of doing some blanket nerf that ruins the game for everyone playing a particular class. IMO, they should just rework how stealthing interacts with AoEs or whatever their actual issue is (like previously mentioned, it would be better just to make the capture points bigger rather than nerfing classes). Seriously, there are better ‘fixes’ than nerf this class, nerf that class…

Necro needs anything BESIDES a nerf, it does need bug fixes though, and the Staff really is not something that should be changed, unless it actually improves it. If they want to start nerfing AoEs they should probably start with Ele then, as they have access to even more AoEs and theirs actually inflict considerable direct damage instead of a few ticking conditions or a condition transfer…just sayin’. (I have an Ele, too).

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

in Necromancer

Posted by: OmegaProject.9831

OmegaProject.9831

This sounds like a fun ponder!

Hopes (These feel probable):

• Minion AI Fix. It’ll still be bugged, but better.
  • DS UI Change.
  • Axe Buff.
  • Spectral Skills Alterations (Wall buff/change, Armor buff/change)
  • 2 New Combo Finishers.
  • Signet Buffs
  • Some Bug fixes

Dreams

• DS overhaul
  • Trait overhaul
  • Signet overhaul
  • Axe overhaul

Actual Expectations/Buffs/Nerfs:

• DS UI Change.
  • No minion change, but a Red comes in and tells us it’s in the works for February.
  • Staff Marks no longer trigger when placed directly under foes (PvP only). Subsequently, Staff Marks are slightly buffed (could be in the form of a new Combo Field or Finisher).
  • Epidemic recharge increased (likely increased to 25s, but my cynical side says 40s).
  • Axe buff (Won’t be enough to salvage the Axe. Likely just a 10% damage increase to Skill #1 ).
  • Random minor buffs to skills no one really used, and probably still won’t use.
  • 1 new finisher (non-aquatic).

I’m no longer hoping or expecting Necro buffs that redefine/reinvigorate the class. Rather, I’m now hoping that other classes will be balanced to bring them along the same lines as the Necro. I suppose we shall see in a few weeks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

I expect Necro to be renamed Warlock and Thief Wars 2 to echo through the internet as the greatest PvP game ever ruined by the exact same broken stealth + burst mechanics that have been raged about for over a decade in every other game ever to include them…

Also I expect a very plentiful New Years harvest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

exact same broken stealth + burst mechanics

/hijack
It is disappointing to see the step backwards in this regard from GW1 to GW2. Every game I’ve played that has tried that has had major pvp balance issues as well as pve balance problems for the classes given that combo. They either faceroll or suck butt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: anathemawhite.6879

anathemawhite.6879

No nerfing marks please. Unlike other profession’s AoE marks need to be triggered to gain the effect. But…. Inanimate objects won’t trigger marks. Some bosses (like dragons) won’t trigger marks. Downed people can’t trigger marks.

My expectations-
-New minion skins yaaay! (at least the golem won’t look like someone with herpes)
-Underwater versions of minions yaaay!
-Well of Corruption skillbar picture fixed
-Signet of Locust tooltip fixed
-Overall necro skills sound volume adjusted

Misfortune falls upon us

in Necromancer

Posted by: Surinen.9684

Surinen.9684

complete rework of staff to be a melee cleave ( Sheobix idea ) instead of ranged pew pew circle ranger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aoi Ikazuchi.8420

Aoi Ikazuchi.8420

I expect that they will do absolutely nothing, while repeating their delusional idea that necromancer is very good at attrition fights…

We’re still here, aren’t we, griping or no? If this hasn’t been a long, painful attrition fight, I don’t know what is. For all we know, it’s why they haven’t felt more inspired to fix necros. “Hey, they’re still at it! They’re obviously the perfect necromancer players. The class must be working as intended!”

“What… is your name?”
“What… is your quest?”
“What… is the capital of Latveria?”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Honestly I have no expectations for the patch… But I have a feeling they are going to hit necro aoe hard and do a teeny tiny buff to something else….

All I hope for is a chain attack for my axe no.1 that’s all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hopefully some fun way get prec, tough, con dmg gear. If not i just won’t play necro.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Here’s what we’re gonna see:

Update to Necromancer Philosophy:
Necromancers have way too much health and their DS is so OP even though nobody knows how to use it well. They have the ability to attack. They can walk around and can even jump. They have the ability to dodge too. Many of their weapon skills can deal damage and even though they don’t have many ways to protect themselves but they have really cool looking minions that start to engage the enemy when the battle is over.

List of necromancer changes:
- Increased the recharge on Wail of Doom to 60 seconds and reduced the daze to 1 second.
- Increased the AoE size of Crimson Tide to solve the problem of kraits getting stuck in walls underwater.
- Moved the Reanimator minor trait to Grandmaster and Replaced the Adept slot with a troll face.
- Changed the description of passive on Plague Signet to “Transfers conditions from nearby allies to yourself every time you yawn” to match the skill better.
- Spectral Armor utility skill now does absolutely nothing cause nobody takes it anyway. The trait remains intact.
- Changed the Passive speed increase on Signet of the Locust to 5% cause necromancers were having too much fun with it.
- Reduced the AoE radius of Corrosive Poison Cloud to 60.
- Removed all life steals from the game to stop people from complaining about it.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aoi Ikazuchi.8420

Aoi Ikazuchi.8420

You forgot “Minions will now actively attack the player instead of enemies, because the minions got sick of all the complaints about them not attacking properly.”

“What… is your name?”
“What… is your quest?”
“What… is the capital of Latveria?”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

My expectations are as follows:

Players will proceed to flood this board with complaints because Anet didn’t devote an entire balancing patch to Necros.

Players will continue making ‘DS mastery’ jokes until Zhaitan has raised that dead horse so that we can cudgel it and drag it around some more.

A Dev, probably Jon Peters, may come on the board to get people to calm their kitten. It won’t work, people will just turn whatever he’s said into another bad joke to run into the ground.

We’ll probably see some more ’I’m quitting the game’ threads.

Thus is my prophecy made, and so shall it come to pass!

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

My expectations are as follows:

Players will proceed to flood this board with complaints because Anet didn’t devote an entire balancing patch to Necros.

Players will continue making ‘DS mastery’ jokes until Zhaitan has raised that dead horse so that we can cudgel it and drag it around some more.

A Dev, probably Jon Peters, may come on the board to get people to calm their kitten. It won’t work, people will just turn whatever he’s said into another bad joke to run into the ground.

We’ll probably see some more ’I’m quitting the game’ threads.

Thus is my prophecy made, and so shall it come to pass!

+1 this made me giggle….. It’s so horrible that it’s true but so funny at the same time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

@Ratphink Most likely. New bad joke would be handy, “L2P DS” is getting boring :P

As much as i would like make fun of the devs I have no idea what would heal Necromancer and I’m afraid neither do they. It is true that before nerfs in beta DS was powerful, hell necromancers were scary dudes back then :P That didn’t agree with devs idea about attrition class and they changed it in the last minut to what we see now.
</offtop>
I would love to see some Axe buffs, better minions AI is a must (my golem prefers fighting barrel instead of mob I’m fighting with).

in Necromancer

Burjis.3087

The problem is not with the fact that we didn’t get patched. The problem is that the changes we keep seeing to the necromancer aren’t much in line with the actual problems of this class.
But the real culprit is the philosophy statement. Most of what I saw in that philosophy can be applied to most other classes as well. People would have complained less about the balancing process but honestly, they lost hope when they saw such a bleak (and mostly false) look at the necromancer from that philosophy statement.
And no, I’m not gonna leave the game. Not gonna leave necromancer either. Never expected Anet to just wave their wand and make everything perfectly balanced in one patch. But at least we can joke about it.

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Battlemage.9450

Battlemage.9450

They will probably nerf Dagger/Dagger or Dagger/Focus. Seriously when they last did the patches I was all like “Hoozah my mini voldy is now Speedy Gonzales, AND can melee np.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Pretty much i expect anet to make every other class happy and just toss the leftovers and bread crumps to necros (if any are left).
Lets hope they prove me wrong.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Necromancer

Humanogrowth.8059

the only attrition in the necro class is that we eventually die…. slow death.. and the nerfs to aoes like wells and marks will be the end of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

Pretty much i expect anet to make every other class happy and just toss the leftovers and bread crumps to necros (if any are left).
Lets hope they prove me wrong.

They won’t

in Necromancer

Burjis.3087

Why do you guys think they will nerf Wells and Marks? Just because they said “some” AoE builds are too strong for the opportunity cost?
How did you just translate that to “We’re gonna nerf every working aoe skill to ultimate uselessness”?

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

Why do you guys think they will nerf Wells and Marks? Just because they said “some” AoE builds are too strong for the opportunity cost?
How did you just translate that to “We’re gonna nerf every working aoe skill to ultimate uselessness”?

Because it is human nature to respond to a problem with a highly exagerated solution. And Anet has already proven the fine details hold little barring on their decision making process. Little things like limiting maximum AoE targets to limit AoE zerging only to drive every AoE playstyle off content they previously enjoyed because they felt powerful and useful in a zerg that otherwise rewards no individual for anything…

Programmers should be forced to pass every idea they have through an editor with some semblence of empathy…

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

More underwater combat improvements/alterations and nothing else!

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Fairly much nil expectations, they have an inherently stupid class design principle for necros of “attrition means stand there and get punched in the face and punted around while doing crap damage because you’re durable”
Which putting it very simply, is just not able to withstand the immense damage output of most other classes hybrid/glass DPS specs for any appreciable time and is fundamentally flawed to shoehorn an entire career into being a bag of hit points.
(DD-spec Ele’s do that job much better than my Necro every could hope for + have a ‘way out’ if things get too hot!)

I do WvW and that’s about all I do so there is a slightly biased perspective, but there’s about 1 other full-time WvW necro I see regularly, couple of part time alts/irregulars and the usual pve-carebears that crawl out from out of their dungeons long enough to get their monthly-achievement component done.
So, I really do worry that the class isn’t played at all.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: radsaq.8269

radsaq.8269

I do WvW and that’s about all I do so there is a slightly biased perspective, but there’s about 1 other full-time WvW necro I see regularly, couple of part time alts/irregulars and the usual pve-carebears that crawl out from out of their dungeons long enough to get their monthly-achievement component done.
So, I really do worry that the class isn’t played at all.

I see a lot of necros on Blackgate. :o

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

While yes, I agree with most others on everything they have said, I still find some things funny. For how ‘broken’ we all claim necro’s to be, I rarely lose 1v1’s in WvW with my conditionmancer. And I know conditions is one of our most viable builds. I just think Anet focuses on us less is because they read the forums and are lead to believe a necromancer never wins a fight ever. And then they go off into WvW, sPvP, and PvE and see us facerolling classes. Sure, I would love for updates and some fixes for necros, but this forum is a complete opposite from actual in-game.

Also, I am seeing a lot of people with necros. When I first started my necro (wasn’t my main at first. gasp), WvW maybe had like 1 necro there. You rarely saw them. Nowadays, I see a ton of them. I see them with the enemies, and I see them as my allies. A good way to show the success of a class is to see how many people are playing it. And it appears that many more are realizing necro can be very strong. Just some food for thought.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

That’s because this forum is a toxic wasteland of ’QQ’ing, and whoever dares to speak out against it is quickly labeled as a ‘PVE-Carebare’ for daring to enjoy this class.

This thread entire thread is a pretty good example of the average poster who visits this board. If you were to believe half of these posters would mean that you’d have to believe that Anet hates this class, hates this game, and hates its players. Which all obviously makes sense. I’m sure Mike O’Brien often sits down in a long board room and goes through nasty schemes on how to make the Necros worse, just to get a rise out of this community.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

That’s because this forum is a toxic wasteland of ’QQ’ing, and whoever dares to speak out against it is quickly labeled as a ‘PVE-Carebare’ for daring to enjoy this class.

This thread entire thread is a pretty good example of the average poster who visits this board. If you were to believe half of these posters would mean that you’d have to believe that Anet hates this class, hates this game, and hates its players. Which all obviously makes sense. I’m sure Mike O’Brien often sits down in a long board room and goes through nasty schemes on how to make the Necros worse, just to get a rise out of this community.

His latest one was making defiant stop fear, that was pretty nasty to the class.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.