in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

Zefrost's Necromancer Videos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

You have much to learn my Son. Let me see if i can explain some things.

1. The forums have always cried about necros being weak since the first day. Most of this was indeed just people not being able to hit the skill cap and had little backing these complaints up…mainly looking and aiming this statement at everyone pre dhuumfire that were complaining.

2. I fully disagree that any build is viable as long as you have the team support. To an extent this may be true like the old school days of building a team around zerker lich, but for the most part you will actually kitten your team. There will be better builds/classes that you could bring with a smaller risk.

3. Some of the complaints do have some truth to them. Necros are indeed in a weird state right now due to the power creep that Anet put in this patch with sigils/runes….. Now you probably are asking why not just bring a power necro and abuse the runes/sigils like everyone else.
Yes that is a possibility, but speaking from experience, why not do one better and bring a rune of strength war or even mesmer. More utility and almost the same burst and cleave (excluding lich bomb etc)

4. and dont get me started on the amount of counterplay this game is lacking which would help necros and a few other classes/builds.

Enjoyed your videos though as much as i hate axe

edit- on the axe note, i will tell you that i have tested it in high end scrims. The problem with it is the sustain pressure from the auto is lacking and not worth the 600 range. Also the burst from axe 2 has a HUGE tell and the entire chain can be interrupted with 1 dodge. Axe 3 is nice though but in a high end play, if you are out of position using axe, the enemy team will swap to you immediately which makes you a risk for your team. D/x also has more utility with the immob (still has the same over extending problem though). I mainly play zerker necro like a thief with shortbow to try and fix the range issues.

-Zombify

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

(edited by Infect.2738)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I don’t know where you play, but there are some Necros, including me, who use the Axe both in tPvP and WvW roaming.
Sure, the weapon may not be perfect, but it has it’s use for me.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There are quite a few necros who use axe, I’m one of them. The problem is that no matter how common axe is or isn’t, it just strictly should be better compared to any other similar weapon. Its main use is just the fact that it allows you a second main-hand weapon that has some utility (mainly axe 3 and the LF generation) and allows you a second off-hand, over staff. Also in some builds if someone wants to dodge axe 2 then it suits me more than if they just took the 5 damage it deals.

That doesn’t mean it is a good weapon, it is just marginally better than staff sometimes. The auto attack is bad, with low damage and really slow vulnerability application, the #2 skill is too low of damage for how long it takes to cast and how easily avoided it is, and #3 is amazing and without it I’d never use axe.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Zefrost.3425

I don’t know where you play, but there are some Necros, including me, who use the Axe both in tPvP and WvW roaming.
Sure, the weapon may not be perfect, but it has it’s use for me.

Not saying there are none, but there certainly are very few. The only necromancers I ever seem to fight are either condition or minion based. I can recall only one necromancer that I fought who used dagger mainhand and I only really remember because he had incinerator.

in Necromancer

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Necros are far from weak. Aside from mobility issues they can IMO more so than any other class change the tide of a battle with their conditions and how they spread them and their boon conversion abilities.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemiros.3590

Nemiros.3590

On the topic of axe, i think they designed it as a weapon for minion necros. Stack vulnerability with an AA that doesnt do much, but the minion will hit 10-16% harder even if youre using tanky stats since minions dont scale from stats.
The weapon is ranged, you dont really need the cripple, the cripple on 3 is there for your minions.
The number 2 is nice. Anyways the weapon is outclassed completely by dagger mh, if you know what youre doing you are really hard to kite (this goes for wvw and pvp)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Necros are far from weak. Aside from mobility issues they can IMO more so than any other class change the tide of a battle with their conditions and how they spread them and their boon conversion abilities.

Only applies to condi builds, and only applies if they are allowed to free cast, which they aren’t very often.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Meh kind of applies to staff using wellomancers as well a good wellomancer is amazing in a zerg. Especially if you have one who can survive without using ptv, I rock a mix of knights and zerkers, might change out knights for cav though as I might be a little overkill on the precision.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: HugeInJapan.5971

HugeInJapan.5971

Axe is an awesome weapon for necro. I recently made a power necro build with axe that many people have asked about. People should experiment more than sticking to usual builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Esus.2538

Esus.2538

Nice vids.

What’s your build (traits)?

in Necromancer

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Axe is one.of my favorite weapons, in spvp that all I use and I’m not a MM what so ever, and I love roaming with axe.in WvW when I’m not messing with a new build.

in Necromancer

Zefrost.3425

Re-uploaded our guild video #1 with Necromancer PoV.
http://youtu.be/vleZUqNFLXo

in Necromancer

Zefrost.3425

Finished another guild video yesterday. Enjoy
http://youtu.be/WKEWvkL5Q9g

in Necromancer

Zefrost.3425

New video is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqQYY9VLhb4&feature=youtu.be
2 clips on my engineer in it as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Always fun, i also like you duking most players with a simple recall

thanks for sharing

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)