alternate necro build: tank

in Necromancer

Posted by: General Error.1740

General Error.1740

so, i plan to make my self necro and i plan to play him as a tank , so im wontering if healing power helps with his lifesteal thingies

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

No it does not. There is another thread floating around with the exact numbers but it boils down to a no.

in Necromancer

General Error.1740

pitty :/
than ill go more for vit toughness thing , thnx

in Necromancer

Posted by: sweet reaper.3479

sweet reaper.3479

this game dont have tanks

in Necromancer

General Error.1740

it doesnt have skills to pull aggro, but you can build tanky and you can go glasscannon dmg build or sth in between

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

…and what are you going to do as a tank? Be ignored in PVP? Take pride in being the last man down in a full party wipe on a dungeon boss? Take ages to beat regular mobs while laughing at their already pitiful damage?

in Necromancer

Posted by: traviscox.9247

traviscox.9247

Yeah there’s no reason to have any survivability. Damage mitigation and high hp pools are for noobs. Glass cannon is the only way to build. Vitality, toughness, and their associated trait lines are just novelties that no one is actually supposed to take seriously.

It’s pretty amusing how hard fanboy ire gets raised whenever anyone uses a term like “tank”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stompaa.9813

Stompaa.9813

I’m making my Necro a Ret Pally.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tony.2150

Tony.2150

Tank necro.. Healing amulet. Runes of water. Sigils on 2 daggers of water, switch to (Whatever) pref staff/scepter;warhorn. Spec for All 4 wells, 30 in blood magic, and anywhere else u want t ogo that gives you toughness. Do not spec for Vit, Spec for Toughness and healing Power. To sruvive drop 1-2 wells at a time and let the pulse do its job. Elite is up to you enjoy holding points

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gutterfox.5976

Gutterfox.5976

I’ve been playing with toughness / vitality, and the spec that makes death shroud last longer as well as a scepter for one set and an axe for my second set so i can get death shroud lifeforce faster. So I kind of wait till I’m almost dead, heal myself and pop death shroud, use that time to stay alive and by the time death shroud is worn off and my life is low again and I try to pull off another heal or sap enough to get a half death shroud then heal again. This is for longer battles or swarm pvp’ing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: chaosgrimm.5837

chaosgrimm.5837

…and what are you going to do as a tank? Be ignored in PVP? Take pride in being the last man down in a full party wipe on a dungeon boss? Take ages to beat regular mobs while laughing at their already pitiful damage?

It acutally works very well. Ex: well spec tank, minion spec tank 15 spite, 25 death, 30 blood.

In PvE Well spec:
You prot AoE prot when using a well, cast a WoB on revive, and wells siphon hp which increases your tank. Just with the Staff you are able to transfer conditions, apply AoE weakness and maintain constant regen. With Axe/focus, you apply vuln for the rest of your party and can also apply more regen and regain life force for additional tank.

In PvE minion spec:
you gain +20 toughness per minion, 5% toughness is applied to power, 5% of power is applied to healing, and you deal more damage when hp is over 90%. (ntm cleric gear gives toughness, power, healing). Minions are able to siphon hp and give it to you, DS and LT AoE heal. And like the well spec, you staff can maintain your minions while vuln from focus and axe increase minion dmg.

In PvP, same trait point distrobution, you spec into daggers.
For sPvP, it’s viable b/c you are able to hold points very well. In a 1v1, throw down regen on yourself and 9 stacks of vuln on your enemy with a focus offhand, then immobilize. Even when you aren’t specced it delivers the pain. In many cases even if you lack the DPS to kill them, a single target will not be able to kill you, which is fine because you are holding the point anyway. If you are get cc’d by a KB, fear, etc, you are traited to auto fear them, or if that is on cd, you can activate DS and fear even when knocked down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boomshakaboom.5403

Boomshakaboom.5403

this game does have tanks I tank in sPvP as I got bored with condition spam, if you want deails of the build I run say so, but I don’t really want it becoming FOTM for necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mathemagician.7314

Mathemagician.7314

this game does have tanks I tank in sPvP as I got bored with condition spam, if you want deails of the build I run say so, but I don’t really want it becoming FOTM for necros

With the extreme burst damage (30k in 3 seconds) in tPvP i SERIOUSLY doubt tank ANYTHING will become FOTM

Enjoy your stay in that ivory tower

80 Necro: Yami Blind @ [US]Sea of Sorrows
Commander for [Sexy] of the Synergy Alliance

in Necromancer

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

this game dont have tanks

DPS and certain abilities generate more threat however. So one class can reliably have a mob on him most of the time depending on his DPS and what he’s using (like chill and weakness seem to generate a lot of threat).

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McVMMccMoMGxomwRTM0xax0McbmVRb
I’ve posted it before but my wells/dagger build is really tanky. You don’t need to lay down every well you have at once, just 1 at a time to maximize the uptime of your siphon (also could depend on the moves the mob uses so its not some 100% rule). I sit in most AoE circles because they don’t do enough to make me drop below 50% and be scared. Dagger also siphons a lot more than other weapons thanks to how quickly it attacks and if you have enough precision you can get more out of the siphon on crit trait when coupled with it, not to mention weakness on crits also reducing the damage you take.

Full exotic gear and weapons using the siphoning sigil and Dwayna runes at the moment (want to change/test Dolyak but its kind of expensive for testing). I focus mainly on toughness but I have a good amount of precision as well.

in Necromancer

Boomshakaboom.5403

you my friend are very narrow minded I’m rank 21 and use this in tournaments as well. You need to understand that there are Roamers, Cap Holders & pure damage specs. The tank spec can play roamer and cap holder

in Necromancer

Boomshakaboom.5403

do signatures work?

in Necromancer

Mathemagician.7314

you my friend are very narrow minded I’m rank 21 and use this in tournaments as well. You need to understand that there are Roamers, Cap Holders & pure damage specs. The tank spec can play roamer and cap holder

Why would you roam as a tank spec?

That makes literally zero sense; the purpose of a roamer is to catch other players out of position and kill them, not be difficult to kill in the middle of nowhere, leaving your team to 4v5 the points without you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueStripedTiger.3760

BlueStripedTiger.3760

I play with a tank spec very well. Full death/blood spec with 10 in curses for the chill on blind (currently bugged, but when its fixed). I don’t do a lot of damage, but I am tough as hell to kill, I have tons of AOE control, and condition control.

Also, there may not be such thing as a tank because you can’t pull agro, you CAN initiate the fight so you get agro to start with. Ive noticed that as long as your not kiting or moving in and out of attack range, the mobs tend to stay focused on whatever target they attack first.

Thats for PvE though. In PvP you just have to make it so that while your not the biggest DPS threat, you make the job of killing other players 10x harder.

in Necromancer

Boomshakaboom.5403

That makes literally zero sense; the purpose of a roamer is to catch other players out of position and kill them, not be difficult to kill in the middle of nowhere, leaving your team to 4v5 the points without you.

I have a lot of swiftness, 2 …I can hold people on route to bases, taking 3 naive players out of the game by holding them up from 40secs – infinite is priceless…especially in 8vs8.

From your responses I’m pretty sure you haven’t PvP’d a lot

in Necromancer

Mathemagician.7314

I have a lot of swiftness, 2 …I can hold people on route to bases, taking 3 naive players out of the game by holding them up from 40secs – infinite is priceless…especially in 8vs8.

From your responses I’m pretty sure you haven’t PvP’d a lot

On the contrary Boomshakaboom, from YOUR responses I KNOW you haven’t PvP’d a lot.

Holding people on route to bases as a tank with no pressure? Naive players? 8v8?

So you’re telling me your build is good as long as the enemy players are bad? What a clever way to build!

Look, you can have your opinion, and that’s fine. But people come here and read these forums and look for ways to be competitive and to make our broken class as viable as possible. This is the reason I am so obstinate about swallowing your nonsense. Because it’s nonsense.

I challenge you to record and present your unedited necro tank roaming gameplay for critique.

(edited by Mathemagician.7314)

in Necromancer

Boomshakaboom.5403

LOL my reply was deleted, so I’ll rephrase you my friend are a typical player who follows what others do, I on the other hand innovate and try new things and make them work
Yes I haven’t PvP’d a lot hence my Dolyak rank lools