anet why did you butcher necro chill dmg?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

why did you remove the chill damage and give us some kittenty bleed dmg instead. Necro been kitten since the start and when we finally got some dps you render us useless, way to go.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

executioner’s scythe + soul spiral = 6 stack of bleed on anything within AoE range and can do much more damage than chill’s DoT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

executioner’s scythe + soul spiral = 6 stack of bleed on anything within AoE range and can do much more damage than chill’s DoT.

Not sure why you are comparing heavy chill damage that triggered from anything with chill on it to 6 stacks of bleed that needs 2 skills with not so short cool downs on them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

It had to be done; DC was pretty potent. But it didn’t have to be gutted, which is what ANET did to the skill. It’s almost useless in pvp now and it’s a grandmaster trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Just need to buff bleed proc rules, stack count, or duration to increase condition damage dps.

Chill duration was too long for PvP and chill damage was kitten in group PvE. Switch to bleed is good, in theory but both power and condition damage builds got a haircut – CC for one and CC/dps for the other.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Unlike fear (with terror) you can have a decent chill uptime by yourself, which made it frustrating in pve when you had two reaper with that trait but only one did get the damage from it. For pvp it was arguably too strong an needed a nerf. Making it so that chill simply applies a damage conditions was imo needed to fix those problem.

That said the trait may now be undertuned. But i guess something like that is easy to fix with longer base bleed duration or more bleed stacks etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

This whole nerf chill damage, nerf war, condi mesmer hard carrying teams is all so silly. Whats even more silly is how everyone seems to be pointing at the classes themselves to be nerfed, do that and the crown will just keep shifting and it will never stop as long as there are new players to chant “nerf [insert class]” and these disastrous devs refuse to get a clue.

The solution is very simple, if a complete redesign is out of the question then remove all the passives let the players o the work. Remove the variables, Might stacking, retaliation, vulnerability stacking, weakness, too many things contribute to damage and too many things have their own stat.

Combine condi and power into one stat have vulnerability no longer stack, limit and drop the number of might stacks. Remove the silly healing power, condi duration and boon duration stats. Let the class traits and skills modify the durations.

There’s kitten that can be done right now (with some testing) to solve a lot of the problems so we dont have another drunken esl player embarrass the studio on stream.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

They nerfed it because it was a kittenty idea to begin with. It was completely unreliable because it was constantly being overridden when anyone else applied chill (which was all too common). I can only think you’re talking from a pvp perspective. From a pve perspective, it is the best thing ever.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

They nerfed it because it was a kittenty idea to begin with. It was completely unreliable because it was constantly being overridden when anyone else applied chill (which was all too common). I can only think you’re talking from a pvp perspective. From a pve perspective, it is the best thing ever.

Exactly, though it’s debatable if the current approach is satisfactory. Was no different than Guardian’s burning overwriting each other until burning got fixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

cuz necro was getting too close to being viable, and oh also cuz there was an amulet in there that let it work (since removed).

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

Yeah this is from a pvp perspective, they clearly need to balance each gamemode individually.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Yeah this is from a pvp perspective, they clearly need to balance each gamemode individually.

They just gave condition damage the wrong way on HoT release. Tying it to a soft CC made it too strong for PvP and too weak for PvE. It is fixable after the nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Honestly, they need to do this chill nerf to Fear and change fear into something that can’t just be condition removed, like taunt.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: tomwcb.9713

tomwcb.9713

The solution is very simple. Remove might stacking, retaliation, vulnerability stacking, weakness.

Combine condi and power into one stat have vulnerability no longer stack, limit and drop the number of might stacks. Remove the silly healing power, condi duration and boon duration stats. Let the class traits and skills modify the durations.

Oh yes… ‘very simple’. This is effectively a total re-design. Stats, armours, weapons, skills, trait lines have to be re-done. Totally simple. Mate. They just need to make the bleed from chill do a bit more damage and then you can be happy!

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hi, I don’t play necro, but from the perspective of an ele, I think necros are in a good spot. I actually feel that the extra condi is a bit more annoying to deal with.

Bad Elementalist

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Honestly, they need to do this chill nerf to Fear and change fear into something that can’t just be condition removed, like taunt.

That is an interesting idea. Terror caused a number of nerfs, including bleeds on Mark of Blood. I would not mind if Terror was removed from Fear so Necromancers could get more access to Fear and condition damage could be tied to something else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Should act like a condition version of Close to death and give 20% more condition damage while chilled.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

why did you remove the chill damage and give us some kittenty bleed dmg instead. Necro been kitten since the start and when we finally got some dps you render us useless, way to go.

Warrior had to replace necro this season. This is part of the compensation for a weak season two they had.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The balance team is like a bad Axe warrior. When in doubt, they press “eviscerate” and hope that they win.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate