any tips how to beat warrior 1v1?

in Necromancer

Posted by: skoobydoo.9246

skoobydoo.9246

at title say any tips how to beat 1v1 warrior?i am geting absolutly destroyed everytime i face a warrior 1v1 in sPvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

Corrupt boons and avoid stuns.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

1. Gs/axe
2. Purrfect dodging
3. ???
4. Profit

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think its power warrior that hard counters necromancer. I’m not a pvp expert though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

pray that they dc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

One of the most difficult match ups, condi war has more usually more than 3 stuns in a short time period, meaning you will get at least one probably…power war is too much damage which we can’t avoid easily

Solutions: positioning is key to kite them, once they blow out their CDs they’re not that dangerous. For power ones you need wurm and good dodges, for condi at least one successful transfer and one stunbreak to heal unpredictably, since our heals are mostly well telegraphed. In my experience usually I avoid these 1v1s cause good ones will eat you alive (same for some daredevils), but a strategy that has worked for me is to throw all the burst in the beginning so they panic and waste dodges/CDs and then play with careful kiting. Sigil of doom is nice, so are unblockable marks and well of corruption.

But better avoid the fights with high risk of losing, try to rotate points if you see one coming and you’re low on LF/cooldowns. GL

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

at title say any tips how to beat 1v1 warrior?i am geting absolutly destroyed everytime i face a warrior 1v1 in sPvP

I think it was Flow who said something similar to this: Necros have all the tools necessary to face off against every foe in this game. We just need to spec and build for it.

If your concern is purely how to beat a warrior, the below can help you.

Necros have limited dodges and need to save them for a warrior’s primal burst.
This primal burst is how the warrior heals and does massive damage to you.

• Trait for Foot in the grave and Speed of Shadows.

Don’t dodge their stuns. You are wasting your dodge because practically all of the warrior’s follow up primal bursts now have a range/aoe to it that will still hit you after your dodge.
Take the stun. Then use your shroud as a 6 second stun break and break the stun.
Then dodge their primal burst which usually follows their stun.
You might even want to double dodge after breaking their stun because some warriors even after they miss their first primal burst, switches weapons and bursts again immediately.
Energy sigils may help somewhat.

• For example, a stun heavy warrior using X/shield + GS warrior or hammer + X:

closes gap on you with shield block
proceeds to stun you with shield
you must not dodge. eat the stun.
Warrior proceeds to primal burst you, say axe eviscerate
you must then shroud to break stun and dodge
then you may even want to dodge again here, because some warriors change immediately to GS and do a primal burst again which is quite a large aoe that can hit you at dodge range.

• The above tactic fails though if you come up against a GS + Bow warrior which isn’t stun dependent.

Bow primal bursts can’t really be negated by a necro. Once he casts it, regardless of whether it hits you or not, he triggers Adrenal healing and gives him good sustain.
Your only hope is to anticipate and dodge his GS primal burst whenever he is in range with his GS equipped. That will limit his sustain and allow you to wear him down.

• Rifle warriors are scary if you don’t have decent internet connection or reflexes to dodge the snipe.

If you do have a good connection with little to no delay/lag, and decent reflexes, just seeing the warrior turn red should trigger you to dodge immediately or shroud 2 to destroy projectile. When he is on rifle, stay close to him with your shroud on. save your shroud 2 for when he turns red to destroy his gun flame. When he switches to his alternate weapon, leave shroud and keep him at range with a range weapon.

• Boon corrupt works well against warriors.

Trait for spiteful spirit and chill of death. Coupled with your 6 second shroud stun breaker, that would be quite a handful of boon corrupt there. Take the utility corrupt boon or well of corruption or Nothing can save you. All decent boon corrupt utilites. Final utility can be a stun breaker like spectral armor or wurm to kite.

Killing a good warrior is not easy. But it is not impossible. If you do it, you know you are one of the better necros out there. Go get them!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Corrupt boons and avoid stuns.

Um no. As every boon you corrupt will just get cleansed shortly. You can’t really avoid the stuns either as Warriors are faster and have better movement skills. They will eventually catch you, bait out your dodges, and get you with one of serveral stuns or dazes and its all over. You can’t beat a warrior that is the same skill level as you the end. People just need to admit it. If the Warrior player is anywhere near as good as you will not beat him 1v1 on a Necro ever. My advice is to stay away from 1v1 on Necro. Chase all the team fights target the Warrior last as the conditions are just not effective against them.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Warrior is about as broken as it gets in wvw, so naturally they got buffed with the balance patch.

In wvw the best thing you can do is lure them to the water. They’re movement is as bad as ours so you can run away. Once in the water a necro will eat them, or they won’t follow and it’s a draw.

Failing that, you’re stuck corrupting their boons and hoping you take out their stability and resistance.

Really though, there’s almost nothing you can do against a competent warrior. They’re worse than ghost thieves.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Tough fight but yes it’s possible. I faced quite a few warriors and had good success beating them 1v1 with a power build running axe/warhorn and staff for when I had to kite and build lifeforce. You have to take corrupt boon, spectral armor is good and rise if you want a little more mitigation. Just look up the metabattle reaper boonstrip build and it’s done me great. I actually beat most dragon hunter’s 1v1 pretty easily with the build also that is if I avoid most of their traps and have a decent amount of life force built up before the fight. I feel as a condi necro you’ll struggle alot more due to thier cleanses and resistance crap.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

You got protection they don’t. They can’t remove it, while you can strip them naked of their boons (albeit then tend to pulse so be careful). If you use deathshroud and your other defensive skills well, the warrior’s initial momentum will go down the toilet.

Remember – the longer the fight drags out the more warrior loses and you gain. Watch out for opportunity when his resistance goes down (in case of stance, one from healing you can just corrupt/strip). That’s when he’ll start being sorry he ever thought of going 1v1 vs a necro..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Learn what you’re not supposed to get hit by. Avoid that and get the free kill.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

Warrior is really difficult to beat.
Condi warrior is ok … power warrior is a horror.

Solution: if he has condi immunity up and you are not able to get away enter shroud and spam autoattack (ever 3rd attack grants u 2% lifeforce) thats buying time. also you can use the leap#2 to get distance.
- in PvP … learn to jump easiest way to kite them is on Skyhammer with all those jumppads and pillars + ranged Staff autoattck to build up lifeforce
- as a condi necro u can cripple them.
- right skill rotations… when playing with unblockable skills fear them out their block or do it with warhorn. Dont waste Stuns cc when they have stab.
- with Signet you can collect their mace F1’s and transfer that conditions back to them.
- Vs. Power warrior dodging the stuns/gs-burst is most important.
- once warrior is out of endure pain/resistance you should be able to kill them quickly

good luck

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

My loadout is as follows;
-Gs
-Staff
-Spectral Armor
-Spectral Walk
-“Nothing Can Save You!”
-“Chilled to the Bone!”

With staff (traited) you got unbloackables…right. So I’ve got a fear,condi transfer and chill/poison field. All unblockable.
With Gs you have a blind field which pulses blinds and cripple (and now also corrputs boons!) and a pull.
You got two stun breaks. One of them you can use to juke the warrior. With the shout you can make all your attacks unblockable for a short while and corrupt 2 boons.

This is all I need to kill a meta warrior. Sometimes I don’t even need all of that because once you learn when to dodge their stuns you’re pretty much set for a victory if you play your cards right.

That’s how I deal with meta warriors and basically everyone else. I’m not saying this is the way to play a reaper but this is what works for me and has done so for a long while. I see absolutely no reason to change anything with my build with the success I’ve had so far.

I’ve also checked out the current meta “boon corrupt” reaper build,and (I don’t know if this is applicable in English but…“misunderstand me correct”….sounds weird,I know) if you’re using THAT build against the current meta warrior you will probably die more than you win.

Meta warrior is melee,right. And having 2 ranged weapons vs melee is a disadvantage,especially so with axe not even traited. Staff is traited and that’s cool. I like that. It’s very useful but axe??

Your biggest damage dealing skill on axe is 2 and that’s channeled. But you have a serious problem when you’re facing the meta warrior because he’ll be up in your face,maybe even circling around you. Now try and land a full axe 2 channel vs that while dodging the plethora of stuns the warrior has. It’s not easy,is it?

That’s why I more or less always swear to having 1 melee and 1 ranged option excluding shroud.

This is just my 2 coppers. Take it or leave it (or maybe some of it)

EDIT: As mentioned above,Reaper Shroud 2 is excellent! for kiting warriors/getting out of range from their stuns..etc etc

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

(edited by insaneseagull.7063)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

The signet corruptionmancer plus GS can do a great job against warriors.

(situational) The most important thing is to not use the reapers Terrify just after have popped Infusing Terror: you’ll need the stability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Well, what you dont want is that the warrior will be in your face. if you keep your distance from him and dodge the important stuns you will win.

What I do to win warirors in duels is using wellmancer, everytime warrior gets on his zerker rage, I put one well on myself and play on it since the warrior either will stay on the well or avoid it wasting his rage. while your wells on cooldown – use chill, fear, blind, cripple or simple kiting to avoid him. If he keeps his distance for getting a bit of health with his healing signet, just pressure him with axe.

-Watch for his Stability, if he has it, corrupt it for a free fear on him.

-Synergy your shroud with your health: this is general advice, dont wait till you will get low on health to enter shroud or vice versa.

-Dont use stunbreak right after you get stunned, sometimes they stun you but do nothing. If for example warrior stun you and you stunbreak then he enters his zerk rage and stun you again you are screwed. Look and react.

If warrior using Rifle, it will be hard for you but try to avoid barrage with reaper shroud 2.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

chilled to the bone and then spam ur condis and bring at least 3 corrupts so they never have stab & resistance.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.