blood is power

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

blood is power and the corruptions i think need an overhaul but the resources needed for that may not be there

instead this suggestion should be very simple to change

blood is power
bleed yourself to grant might to yourself and allies around you and bleed your target.
damage: ???
might8(8sec)
bleeding6(10)
self bleeding2(10)
number of allied targets: 5
radius: 240
range: 1200

the reason for this change is bleeding a target for 30seconds is silly in both pve and pvp
in pvp it will be cleansed and in pve the target will die (except bosses)
in pve its really annoying to know that it takes a full minute to ramp up your maximum damage
this change doesnt affect the damage output

post your thought on corruption skills

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Yeah, it’s one of the worst skills in the game.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

It goes for any kind of condi build that it takes a minute to ramp up. BiP has little to do with that. I kinda like the way it is atm.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

It goes for any kind of condi build that it takes a minute to ramp up. BiP has little to do with that. I kinda like the way it is atm.

You know it is a utility skill not a trait right? It takes up a slot for mediocre to bad effects and then you need another skill to transfer and if that doesnt work you need a second.

I defended corruption skills and traits a while back because the game was much simpler then, now with the amount of damage there is, we are past the point of flooding a class with set up skills.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Blood is Power is fine in Raid situations where the boss is actually going to be alive long enough for the full damage to tick. I believe that it is one of the highest damaging skills in the game in a condition build, but most foes die before its duration runs its full course.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I casually ran BiP replaying a couple episodes of LS2. I used it to give NPCs might while transferring the self bleeds to target NPCs.

Meh, it’s useful on a casual bleed build. I wish range was wider. The 240 radius means everyone has to clump, if not stack, to get full party use. Ironically, stacking is usually bad for bleed builds because they are dependent on kiting and scepter auto attack.

I would not mind if MoC also widened the range of some skills and added LF generation to others. What frustrates me is that corruption skills have such narrow application. Here are a few additions to MoC to broaden its usefulness.

BiP – range increase to 360 radius
CPC – 1% LF generation per person per poison stack
CB – 2% LF generation per boon corrupted
E – 2 might, 10 sec, per opponent that received condition copy. Target receives burning, 5 sec minus 1 sec per successful copy made.
CC – no additional changes or add short 2 – 3 sec resistance.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

This is one of the worse skill from necro for pvp imo.
We dont need a skill that bleeds u for 30+ minutes its silly really.
For this to be usefull like it was said above u need to trans fer also the 2 bleeds.
Anet needs to rework this one imo.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Necro utilities are generally not great at applying conditions. For long-life enemies (raids, teq, SMC lord in wvw) it’s useful. 8 stacks of might is nothing to sneeze at either.

Just because you wouldn’t keep it on your utility bar 24/7 doesn’t make it useless. It’s just one more tool in the kitten nal to be taken out as-needed.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

Necro utilities are generally not great at applying conditions. For long-life enemies (raids, teq, SMC lord in wvw) it’s useful. 8 stacks of might is nothing to sneeze at either.

Just because you wouldn’t keep it on your utility bar 24/7 doesn’t make it useless. It’s just one more tool in the kitten nal to be taken out as-needed.

If u take it for the might let me tell u that u can keep 25 stacks easy and i mean perma 25 staks, so u take it for the 2 stacks of bleed? With almost 1 sec activation?
Yes its useless in pvp cause no 1 is going to be bleeding fot 30+ seconds , there is much much better options to take insted of this .

blood is power

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

If u take it for the might let me tell u that u can keep 25 stacks easy and i mean perma 25 staks, so u take it for the 2 stacks of bleed? With almost 1 sec activation?
Yes its useless in pvp cause no 1 is going to be bleeding fot 30+ seconds , there is much much better options to take insted of this .

There’s more than one way to build a necro and you’re not always going to take the Spite trait line, especially on a condi build.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yup, because those 2 stacks last 60s each on a 20s reuse when traited. In PVP no it’s pretty kittenty, but PVE, that’s 6 stacks of bleed after a minute and the additional 2 20s stacks you take get transferred pretty quickly back to the enemy along with the torment stacks. Really not a bad skill at all, just situational in that it only gets good in certain builds and on longer fights.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

There’s more than one way to build a necro and you’re not always going to take the Spite trait line, especially on a condi build.

Tell me pliz in what build and insted of what skills will u take blood is power?

Its not a stun break, it means that from the 3 skills u can take u need a stun break, so 1 stun break+ blood is power + what ? In what build?
U trying to defend a bad skill, on a long cd that takes almost 1 second to activate to apply 2 stacks of bleed, i think i actually never saw 1 necro running such skill in pvp.
Makes no sense, u take the stun break and ( well.. 2 wells, or rise, suffer, poison cloud, specral wall,specral walk,spectral armor,sig of locust,corrupt boon, wurm?
No space for blood is power, or well of darkness, or specral grasp or sig of undeath….
Im not saying applying 2 bleeds and getting might is bad, what im saying is there is much better choices, and 2 bleeds + might its nothing wow, its not a game changing skill like a portal or zerker stance or corrupt boon ..
Because of all this yes blood is power is weak, its not instant nor a stun break, u not going to insta kill any one or sustain yourself, so again i say its useless.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

I would take it in a raid build like this:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Viper_Horror

I wouldn’t run exactly that build, but it works for demonstration.

I would also use it on condi team in TT and certain fractals.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

Sorry ,first im posting in a pvp forum,second in pve u can take anything u want , everything is ok , i did this month in 4- 5 days all fractall from 1 to 100 EASY,but even so let me tell u that not once i used blood is power, no npc is going to ladt 30+ seconds, and if u take a warrior with u then u also dont need the might, i told u before there is much better options to take insted of blood is power.
Dont try to defend this skill ,we need the devs to try to make it better .

blood is power

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

Sorry ,first im posting in a pvp forum,second in pve u can take anything u want , everything is ok , i did this month in 4- 5 days all fractall from 1 to 100 EASY,but even so let me tell u that not once i used blood is power, no npc is going to ladt 30+ seconds, and if u take a warrior with u then u also dont need the might, i told u before there is much better options to take insted of blood is power.
Dont try to defend this skill ,we need the devs to try to make it better .

This is the necromancer forum, not the pvp forum. The OP wanted to discuss this for both pvp and pve and I was making the argument that it’s halfway decent in pve for certain things.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

For pvp is just bad and for pve is not so bad but still bad imo cause like i said u can take WAY BETTER, u dont need the might in pve cause the group is always stack with 25 stacks in raids and pve organize groups.
There is a raid forum and fractal forum and a www, if u need better understanding in such areas.
Lets just leave it at that.
Take blood is power and enjoy man if u like it good for u ,i just hope u dont get in my team in pvp

blood is power

in Necromancer

Jerus.4350

For pvp is just bad and for pve is not so bad but still bad imo cause like i said u can take WAY BETTER, u dont need the might in pve cause the group is always stack with 25 stacks in raids and pve organize groups.
There is a raid forum and fractal forum and a www, if u need better understanding in such areas.
Take blood is power and enjoy man if u like it good for u ,i just hope u dont get in my team in pvp

There’s a PVP area too…

And, just because some of us use it in raids where it will yield about 8 stacks of bleed and 2 of torment, doesn’t mean we’ll be dumb and bring it into the PVP realm where it’s simply not suited. Also the might is not bad for when you run 5X Condi Nec in fractals.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Tadsoul.6951

it is decent in raids
the change i suggested might increase the useage outside raids
this change shouldn’t be unhealthly in anyway (actually testing can only tell) there are many skils that apply 5bleed and a couple 6bleed

my issue with MoC is that most corruption have no base effect unless you meet some requirement

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

I wouldn’t want you on my team in PvP to begin with, judging by your inability to understand what is going on around you and being said to you in this thread.

This is not a PvP forum, nor is this a thread dedicated to the PvP perspective. If that bothers you, then feel free to go elsewhere. And to moot your point even further, you actually can’t take anything better than this in PvE for the most part; when this skill is good in PvE, it’s generally unmatched in how much free damage it gives you over a span of time as opposed to anything else. A well isn’t better, a shout isn’t better, a minion with Death Nova isn’t better.

@OP:
The corruptions don’t need reworking because not only do they do their jobs uniquely, but they also do them efficiently. Nothing else in the game compares to Consume Conditions, Epidemic, or Corrupt Boon in terms of utility or active effect.

The thing you need to remember about design in games such as these is that not every ability is supposed to be as good in every area of the game as each other ability. Blood is Power doesn’t need to have any sort of use in PvP because it already has a perfectly valid home elsewhere in PvE. Besides, you would rather have an effect in PvP that has some actual utility to it, not just extra damage, so having this on your bar in PvP is simply painful regardless.

There’s nothing wrong with the state of Blood is Power. Besides, the last thing we need is to add to the game’s power creep by attempting to increase the strength of abilities that aren’t godlike across the board.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

This skill for pvp its just bad period imo.
For pve everything its ok and i think viper( all my armor is viper ) with wells or minions and epidemic is superior , u use bip in 1 target if u had use any other skill u would have killed it as fast or faster and aoed.
In fractals u also can use well cause u always at 25 stacks of might.
Why would u takt bip over other aoe skill?
Epidemic+wells or minions its more than enough.
The op is right imo its a bad skill that targets 1 npc applying 2 bleeds.by the time u cast the skill and use a tranfer u could just had minions atacking the npc or 2 wells+epidemic or even septer aa +epidemic.
If u like it use it nps but i think i can say what MY OPINION IS if u read on my posts i do right IMO.
And btw if u come at me in pvp using that crap u would be dead before u would cast it .gl anyway

blood is power

in Necromancer

Jerus.4350

This skill for pvp its just bad period imo.
For pve everything its ok and i think viper( all my armor is viper ) with wells or minions and epidemic is superior , u use bip in 1 target if u had use any other skill u would have killed it as fast or faster and aoed.
Epidemic+wells or minions its more than enough.
The op is right imo its a bad skill that targets 1 npc applying 2 bleeds.by the time u cast the skill and use a tranfer u could just had minions atacking the npc or 2 wells+epidemic or even septer aa +epidemic.
If u like it use it nps but i think i can say what MY OPINION IS if u read on my posts i do right IMO.
And btw if u come at me in pvp using that crap u would be dead before u would cast it .gl anyway

Yes initially the skill isn’t worthwhile, it’s when you have longer fights that it shines. Initial cast is 2 60s bleeds and hitting yourself with 2 20s bleeds and 2 20s torments, those bleeds and torments quickly transfer to the foe so nearly 4 stacks of bleed and 2 of torment.

As the fight progresses though, and you cast it again those transfered bleeds/torments will have faded but the initial 2 remain, so on second cast you now have 4 bleed stacks and again the additional 2/2 transfered again, now a total of 6 bleed stacks and 2 torment. At 40s into the fight you now have the transfered condi’s fading but you cast again and now a total of 6 bleed stacks from the skill with an incoming set of 2/2 transfers for a total of 8 bleeds and 2 torment that if you keep the skill on cooldown you’ll maintain the rest of the fight. So at 40s in you’re getting an additional 8*(.06Xcondi damage + 22)= 1130 extra damage every second, add in might and vuln and you’re at 1885 dps. That’s not factoring in the probably 50%+ uptime on torment which would be about 175damage w/ might&vuln, so in total about 2k extra DPS from 40s into the fight and on (though potentially more due to epidemic spreading but that just gets convoluted).

So it’s good, just only on long fights that don’t clear their condi’s. In other words, not good in PVP or lower level fractals/dungeons/open world content.

EDIT: Realize now I didn’t add in the 5% berserker rune damage or the extra condi damage from thorn runes, so really it’s a tad more potentially, though you also should factor in the time for the bleeds to transfer so /shrug anyways good dps, just long rampup.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

This is all good but u talking about boss fights, in that case a few secs before fight just slot bip , simple, i guess it makes it viable then?
Even in boss fights some cleanse all condies every now and then, and then what?
U cant say this is a good skill, if 5 players atack 1 npc how many secs he will last ? 3- 6 ?
In boss fights if they dont cleanse then yes u can have 2 stacks of bleeds last the full 60 seconds yay, wd .
Might is still a waste if u have a warrior or rev, ele in the group.
No point to have a skill aplying 2 stacks bleed for 60 seconds, its gonna get cleansed, i would rather have 6 stacks of bleed in 20 seconds and lower cd.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Actually, Wells doesn’t even come close to BiP in a condi build if you are fighting something that doesn’t die in 10 seconds.

You can feel free to do the dps test yourself. BiP does 121 300 dmg in 60s(2021 dps) with the common buffs like GotL, Banners, 25 Might, 25 Vuln, Fury and Glyph of Empowerment and nothing else. It isn’t a very good skill and it has no use whatsoever in PvP, but it has far better dps than Wells. It’s not even a contest, I actually tried do the same test with just Well of Suffering with the exact same buffs, albeit I switched golem to the one that can take power damage since I was using the one with 20k toughness for the BiP test. After 6 minutes I hadn’t even gone past the 200k mark on the 4mil healthbar that gives you your dps in the chat.

blood is power

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

i guess bip was need it this change wd anet, it was silly before with so long duration for 2 bleeds, its just too bad they take so long to see this things .
any way much better now .

blood is power

in Necromancer

Tadsoul.6951

well anet improve BiP now i will only slightly cringe instead of becoming sick when i see the skill