[build] Necro as was intended

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Everyone knows that a Necromancer was designed to be a hard to kill class, that whittled you down, bit, by bit.

This is exactly what this build is designed to do. Knowing the impending Dhuumfire nerf (and yes it is a nerf, as it is now able to be countered even if controllable) I set out to make something a little different and this is what I came up with:

Click here to see the build

The basic concept is to primarily stack bleeds and work your way through an enemy gradually with the ability to achieve high bleed stack rotations and use fears for a minor burst and/or interrupt, whilst also being able to soak up a lot of damage through the spectral skills combined with death shroud.

Using a spectral prior to entering death shroud can effectively mitigate damage taken, however it’s prone to high condition damage/stacks or individual burst skills, which can still however be mitigated provided you receive enough small figures of damage to produce enough death shroud to cover any higher burst figures you may receive.

The more I use this build, the more I find myself enjoying it and the more effective I become. It is by no means final, though I am looking to improve it wherever possible, so please do leave feedback!

I hope you enjoy the build should you choose to give it a go!

Many thanks
Rolyate

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

[reserved for possible updates]

Rolyate

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

[reserved for possible updates]

I will be expanding on the usage of the build in future.

Rolyate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Its a pretty solid build imo.

Theres just a couple flaws. The fear durations are exceedingly short making anyone with reduced condi duration runes or traits or whatnot to make your fears basicalyl non existent. This can be fixed with just doing Fear duration instead of Deathly perception. CC is a form of surviving as well.

And two. You’re still squishy with carrions. Its not really attrition, its still bursty. Theres a reason a lot of necro builds go bursty also. So people cant run away. The problem with attrition builds is people just runaway from necros. Its really easy to disengage from them unless they have obscene burst somehow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Interesting, I have wanted to take hybrid seriously and now I have what looks like a good tester build. Thanks.
Only thing I would change is -10 blood +10 death for staff mastery. Maybe Lingering Curse with hemophilia and + bleed runes.
Cheers.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

It looks like you’ve made a condition build that relies heavily on DS.
But, at the same time, you’re trying to invest in power as well? Why?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Cause if you look carefully at all of necro’s weapons. They kinda are all built for hybrid. Including DS. So yes, he is thematically correct. And necro’s were all about vitality since DS scales with vitality. But in practice vitality is way worse than toughness for necros.

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

As Berullos said, it’s very much about how the skills are laid out. With this build, when entering death shroud you have somewhere around 92% crit chance (with my current setup) which provides high damage from death shroud 1, 4 and 5, which is where you’ll spend a lot of your time on this build.

A few other skills also scale nicely, which make it in my opinion a worth while investment.

The reason for using vitality over toughness, is due to the all the methods this build uses to obtain death shroud, along with the spectral trait providing more death shroud on each hit and the reduction in degeneration whilst in death shroud, all of which complemented by death shroud scaling off of vitality.

Rolyate

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

I have found this build to be brilliant for standing on point when others can’t, whilst also being able to swap plague out if you’re confident with your abvi

Its a pretty solid build imo.

Theres just a couple flaws. The fear durations are exceedingly short making anyone with reduced condi duration runes or traits or whatnot to make your fears basicalyl non existent. This can be fixed with just doing Fear duration instead of Deathly perception. CC is a form of surviving as well.

And two. You’re still squishy with carrions. Its not really attrition, its still bursty. Theres a reason a lot of necro builds go bursty also. So people cant run away. The problem with attrition builds is people just runaway from necros. Its really easy to disengage from them unless they have obscene burst somehow.

Dropping deathly perception isn’t an option for me, it’s what makes this build work. Your damage sees a huge drop without it, it also helps in maintaining Death Shroud when combined with Reaper’s precision (though I’m still testing this). I personally don’t use fear for anything other than interrupts or to make sure something lands, which I find is more than enough as is.

I believe this could be personal preference, but having played without it I have found no reason to need it.

Interesting, I have wanted to take hybrid seriously and now I have what looks like a good tester build. Thanks.
Only thing I would change is -10 blood +10 death for staff mastery. Maybe Lingering Curse with hemophilia and + bleed runes.
Cheers.

I have gone for more of the condition spike ability, which allows me to duel certain classes better, whilst also gaining a small amount of toughness (which I am lacking). I originally tested with duration, but found it didn’t add enough for me to warrant using it.

Staff marks is a great trait, but I find the consistent damage from the dodge mark being available on both weapon sets as well as in death shroud too strong for me to want to give up.

Of course feel free to test yourself, but these were the conclusions I have made.

Rolyate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I cant imagine why someone would choose an extra MoB over -20% duration. I just dont see it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

Running geomancy sigils, I try switch as often as my cooldowns will allow me. It therefore provides me a mark of blood outside of my staff set and also in death shroud, which I will spend a lot of my time in. Also being a mark, it provides an exra 3% life force on my dodge if used correctly.

I’m not saying it’s stronger, but it’s my current preference. I may still change things within the build as I’m still rather new to it, but thought it may be something people would like to play.

Rolyate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamedo.2561

Yamedo.2561

You will drop so fast with this build…

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

Is there anything that actually makes you think that or are you just saying it in an attempt to be annoying?

Constructive feedback is important, what you have done is not.

Rolyate

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The problem is your bursty but not bursty enough to kill anyone before they kill you. You would be better off using the dhuum terror build with rabid.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

OP overall your build is very glassy even with protection.
I can see you are trying to go for a hybrid zerk/condi spec but you just cant do that and survive much in spvp with the current amulet system.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Rolyate.6753

The concept is actually making it so that you can the maximum amount of life force through any of your skills used, rather than being hybrid. The reason for having that hybrid element is simply how the amulets are laid out at current.

I can 1v1 quite comfortably, with the true problems coming vs (really good) mesmers and (not so good) warriors due to their passive regeneration.

I understand you may be sceptical, but give it a go, it’s rather potent.

Rolyate