burn guards and transfers in general..

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

so.. when i fight guards it usually goes like this shove everything they have on me then pop shields and watch me melt before they wear off. transfers don’t work when a guard is blocking/ invulnerable or at least they do not work for me. now the problem here is transfers are necros version of cleanses,

i am finding myself loaded with condis in fights only to be denied cleansing them because everyone seems to have an immunity or block going when they shove them on me! not to mention blinds preventing transfers when you have more condis then what the transfer can send.

i have no idea how ele prevents me sending them back but they do if you know what skill they are using and what it looks like please tell me what to look for

what do you guys do in this situation or better yet how do you prevent it especially with plague pulling burns onto me from team mates >.<

(edited by ozzy.8059)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Soul Marks makes your marks unblockable, including your staff 5, which becomes an unblockable fear to get them out of anything. Then you can follow up with whatever transfer you want and then they cry a lot.

EDIT: I suppose it would also make Putrid Mark unblockable so you could skip the whole fear step.

(edited by Captain Unusual.9163)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

As stated, Soul Marks makes your marks unlockable, giving you an unlockable condi transfer. Also, Consume Conditions is still a great heal if you are having issues with condi cleanses. If nothing else, Minions are the kings of condi cleanses and transfers. Also warhorn interrupts blocks.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The ele is most likely diamond skin, and a good diamond skin ele will destroy a condi transfer necro.

Blinds do not stop necro transfers. Please will everyone stop spreading this false information.

As far as minion condi transfer… I wouldn’t call them king…. it works for a few seconds but the minions die to fast and once they’re dead which happens pretty quickly with all the aoe you are screwed

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I wouldn’t recommend minions in a large team fight but in smaller fights they are quite easy to keep alive. And if you go with Celestial Signet Necro you can easily get past the Elementalist’s Diamond Skin to make your Condi Transfers work.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Condi Transfer works on Diamond Skin, it will clean condi on you and transfer it to Ele but whether or not it will stick on Ele is another story.

Against a good Guardian and who know how to counter condi transfer Necro, then you will need how to read him in return. You can’t just blow everything in panic. Shelter only last for 2sec wait for it to end and then send everything back to him. Shield of Wrath only has 3 blocks, the best way to counter this type of play is to hit him as much as you can. My suggestion is, if you have Warhorn you can use Locust Swarm and ram into him and keep AA him.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Honestly plague sig needs to be unblockable and possibly the dagger 4. Just another thing that would allow builds to branch out of constantly taking soul reaping while still allowing a reliable transfer.
This also leads to vital persistence being baseline but that’s another issue.

Säïnt

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

I get the exact same experience as OP. Guard facerolls then spams evades blocks and invulns. I dont use soul marks on cele signetmancer so what I’ll do is blow locust swarm and AFK. If they somehow put +3 condis on me, plague signet procs from trait and its GG. If they only spam burn tho, I’ll succumb to my inevitable afterlife…

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I wrote here earlier the key to using condi against a necro is to pre-empt and prevent the necro from transferring the condis back to you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Condi-transfert/first#post5317240

Sounds like the guardian in the OP post is doing a good job of loading and pre-empting/denying the condi transfer back from the necro.

As others pointed out, if you run staff, you can still transfer it back to a blocking guardian. You can also enter shroud if you have DS and use DS 4 to tank while breaking his focus shield and thus making it transferable again.

As a necro, if the enemy condi player knows how to load and pre-empt you from returning the condi, then you must learn how not to eat the condi so early in the first place.

I think most necros, myself included, fight by eating all the condis then transferring it back. We don’t know what caused the condi burst on us, what to dodge to prevent the condi burst. If the enemy knows how to pre-empt you from returning the condi to him, then as a necro, we must also learn how to dodge their initial burst and taking the initiative in the fight instead of letting him passively load us with condi and then thinking we can transfer it back easily.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

How about Well of Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

I wrote here earlier the key to using condi against a necro is to pre-empt and prevent the necro from transferring the condis back to you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Condi-transfert/first#post5317240

Sounds like the guardian in the OP post is doing a good job of loading and pre-empting/denying the condi transfer back from the necro.

As others pointed out, if you run staff, you can still transfer it back to a blocking guardian. You can also enter shroud if you have DS and use DS 4 to tank while breaking his focus shield and thus making it transferable again.

As a necro, if the enemy condi player knows how to load and pre-empt you from returning the condi, then you must learn how not to eat the condi so early in the first place.

I think most necros, myself included, fight by eating all the condis then transferring it back. We don’t know what caused the condi burst on us, what to dodge to prevent the condi burst. If the enemy knows how to pre-empt you from returning the condi to him, then as a necro, we must also learn how to dodge their initial burst and taking the initiative in the fight instead of letting him passively load us with condi and then thinking we can transfer it back easily.

As a necro player myself I agree with you generally putrid mark is burned before any signets are and its almost not worth anything else but to run unblockable marks sense this trait also causes them to generate life force. But it can be hard to xfer back to a guard simply because they have high sustain until all skills and utilities are blown and on cd. Which is generally 2-3 full rotations. It can be hard for a necro to live agains that kind of damange honestly the best way is to just tank it till they burn every thing. IF you are running a condition set up as a necro against a guard take signets of suffering or corrupt boon. Most guards will run that one utility that swaps all conditions on them into boons. As soon as you see them do that pop corrupt boon. ITs generally how I kill them.

As for ele’s its not really possible you shouldn’t try to fight an ele in a 1v1 because as a necro you are more likely to loose if lol. I dont know Why you cant xfer blind back to a person cough cough but ele’s are really good at keeping targets blinded with blinding ashes.

Ive made a thred on here about how necros life blast should be updated to its underwater variation plague blast which shoots much faster and xfers one condition per-shot. I can only hope that a Dev or others will see it and give it some thought. IT would make DS *(death shroud) much more effective with that simple change alone.

Before some one says “thats too strong” or “There would be no counter play to it” There is so just dont…. if it was too strong why would they give it to the underwater version if they felt that way. Its just something thats not being used right now because under water combat is next to non existent in the game right now. A change like this could make DS a more tempting choice over RS (reaper shroud) when reaper is fully released. Right now its a no brainer… take RS because as DS sits right now its pretty much too clunky, the auto attack is slow, no stability. RS has stability, better damage, better condition potential, and is miles ahead for a profession mechanic when compared to base DS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Ive made a thred on here about how necros life blast should be updated to its underwater variation plague blast which shoots much faster and xfers one condition per-shot. I can only hope that a Dev or others will see it and give it some thought. IT would make DS *(death shroud) much more effective with that simple change alone.

Before some one says “thats too strong” or “There would be no counter play to it” There is so just dont…. if it was too strong why would they give it to the underwater version if they felt that way. Its just something thats not being used right now because under water combat is next to non existent in the game right now. A change like this could make DS a more tempting choice over RS (reaper shroud) when reaper is fully released. Right now its a no brainer… take RS because as DS sits right now its pretty much too clunky, the auto attack is slow, no stability. RS has stability, better damage, better condition potential, and is miles ahead for a profession mechanic when compared to base DS.

I dont think they will change DS 1 to hit faster and transfer one condi per hit.

DS 1 might be a tad weak on a condi build, but power builds are dishing out pretty high damages per hit. Making it hit faster with condi transfer will probably make things pretty close to DS = new and upgraded Lich form.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

As a necro player myself I agree with you generally putrid mark is burned before any signets are and its almost not worth anything else but to run unblockable marks sense this trait also causes them to generate life force. But it can be hard to xfer back to a guard simply because they have high sustain until all skills and utilities are blown and on cd. Which is generally 2-3 full rotations. It can be hard for a necro to live agains that kind of damange honestly the best way is to just tank it till they burn every thing. IF you are running a condition set up as a necro against a guard take signets of suffering or corrupt boon. Most guards will run that one utility that swaps all conditions on them into boons. As soon as you see them do that pop corrupt boon. ITs generally how I kill them.

As for ele’s its not really possible you shouldn’t try to fight an ele in a 1v1 because as a necro you are more likely to loose if lol. I dont know Why you cant xfer blind back to a person cough cough but ele’s are really good at keeping targets blinded with blinding ashes.

This would make DS insanely broken, I mean, a condi transfer for AA? wow… And the only greater skill of reaper is the stability#3 and AA if running Dhuumfire, all the reaper skills can be so easily kitened (maybe with the chill changes this can work, wew ill see on BWE2).

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The death magic condition removal trait shrouded removal is strong here, since guards don’t have a big variety of conditions.

Elementalists are a different story. If you can’t keep might off the elementalist, you’re dead because the burns keep coming.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

This would make DS insanely broken, I mean, a condi transfer for AA? wow… And the only greater skill of reaper is the stability#3 and AA if running Dhuumfire, all the reaper skills can be so easily kitened (maybe with the chill changes this can work, wew ill see on BWE2).

I think they would not have put it on the underwater version if it was insanely broken. It would make fighting a necro insanely scary as it should be. You should never feel at ease running into fight a necromancer after all they are masters of death. But this is my reasoning for not wanting it to be a AA trait. Just a baseline thing for DS not RS. Because Reaper can be so easily kited is why I suggest changes to DS making the player choose between having good ranged pressure and good brawling pressure. Because necro cannot do both that was made pretty clear in BWE1. I Dont think chill duration will have much to do with being kited because most foes who can kite you have mass amounts of condition clear elixer engi/survival ranger who will never be perma chilled unless you managed to catch them out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

thanks for the suggestions i try to stay out of staff for as long as i can against guards now. its not easy =C the guard i was fighting just spammed away with its spin to win combo etc forcing me into staff then when i changed to dagger boom goes the burn bomb with blinds shelter aegis and the heal -.- etc..

it should at least cleanse the condis even if it doesn’t send them for gods sake

as for the blinds not preventing transfers, why do i get “missed” when i try to transfer to a stationary target even a clone when im loaded up with condis way past the skills limits. it doesn’t always happen but its enough for me to notice.

(edited by ozzy.8059)

in Necromancer

ZDragon.3046

thanks for the suggestions i try to stay out of staff for as long as i can against guards now. its not easy =C the guard i was fighting just spammed away with its spin to win combo etc forcing me into staff then when i changed to dagger boom goes the burn bomb with blinds shelter aegis and the heal -.- etc..

it should at least cleanse the condis even if it doesn’t send them for gods sake

as for the blinds not preventing transfers, why do i get “missed” when i try to transfer to a stationary target even a clone when im loaded up with condis way past the skills limits. it doesn’t always happen but its enough for me to notice.

Take the soul reaping line and take the trait “Soul marks” Use “Consume conditions” For your heal. Take your time when fighting heavy burn condition. You may only have a few seconds but if you are blinded and he goes to heal he cant take any other actions. IF they use renewed focus they cant take any other actions. These are perfect times for you to use Consume conditions and get rid of the pesky blinds and burns If shelter is up but you are not blinded use “putrid mark” Because you have “Soul marks” It will bypass his block and transfer the conditions anyways. The only time you really need to worry is when he blinds you. IF its a true condition guard his spin to win wont do much damage. but try to save your dodge for when they teleport to you or jump at you to gap close. In some cases if you want to cast things like “Plague signet” to xfer conditions back you may have to auto attack first to remove the blind then quickly cast it so that it sticks. It just takes time, keep up the practice. Guard vs Necro is not always an easy match up because of how much healing they can put out during a burst.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I think they would not have put it on the underwater version if it was insanely broken. It would make fighting a necro insanely scary as it should be. You should never feel at ease running into fight a necromancer after all they are masters of death. But this is my reasoning for not wanting it to be a AA trait. Just a baseline thing for DS not RS. Because Reaper can be so easily kited is why I suggest changes to DS making the player choose between having good ranged pressure and good brawling pressure. Because necro cannot do both that was made pretty clear in BWE1. I Dont think chill duration will have much to do with being kited because most foes who can kite you have mass amounts of condition clear elixer engi/survival ranger who will never be perma chilled unless you managed to catch them out.

Right now anyone can kite you, so I think yes, chill can help a lot. And, since when underwater combat is balanced?

M I L K B O I S