bwe3 reaper is 99% perfect.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

And nothing needs to change

Thank you Robert Geesus, you really did a good job with it.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I disagree. It’s 95%. VP still needs to be baselined for diversity reasons, and Chilling Darkness needs to be merged into Shivers of dread. Thennn it’ll be perfect. <3

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruderasta.7809

Ruderasta.7809

How are you guys sticking to anyone in pvp? I can prepare a thanksgiving meal in between the second and third sword swings, and thats the one that applies our most reliable slow as this spec?

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

How are you guys sticking to anyone in pvp? I can prepare a thanksgiving meal in between the second and third sword swings, and thats the one that applies our most reliable slow as this spec?

I run staff+d/d

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Serious question: did Death’s Charge become an Evade? I’ve been getting “Evade” popping up when I use skills against Reapers using It.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Son of Urza.1692

Son of Urza.1692

Serious question: did Death’s Charge become an Evade? I’ve been getting “Evade” popping up when I use skills against Reapers using It.

It shouldn’t have … are they projectile skills? It does destroy projectiles.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

GS in pvp is only good against downed enemies literally. It works wonders in wvw though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

GS in PvP is working great just dont think of it as 1v1 Weapon, think of it as “on point” weapon. You will land the big skills and u will cleave but in a 1v1 its harder. GS is my goto Weapon already.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I disagree. It’s 95%. VP still needs to be baselined for diversity reasons, and Chilling Darkness needs to be merged into Shivers of dread. Thennn it’ll be perfect. <3

By VP I assume you just mean the 2% degeneration? I’d only consider baselining it if they removed the dmg reduction bug.
As for Chilling Darkness + Shivers of Dread, don’t you think a minor trait that inflicts chill on both fear and blindness would be too strong? I could maybe see it as a major trait, for example if it switched places with Deathly Chills.

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

By VP I assume you just mean the 2% degeneration? I’d only consider baselining it if they removed the dmg reduction bug.
As for Chilling Darkness + Shivers of Dread, don’t you think a minor trait that inflicts chill on both fear and blindness would be too strong? I could maybe see it as a major trait, for example if it switched places with Deathly Chills.

Blinding darkness has a 5 sec ICD, I figured it’d keep that. As it stands, for the reaper itself unless you run a condition build, it’s a minor that adds a chill to a single small area fear. It’s just not a good global trait. However due to the low cooldown and overall theme of the reaper, blind fits better for the chill. Just have them both do it but share a 4 second ICD.

As for VP, reaper basically has to run VP for its build to be overall competitive in spvp. Making it baseline increases global diversity and makes the class handle better as a whole (less self interrupted skills due to 8-12% degeneration during the cast). Unfortunately, it would require other balance measures, yes, it’s not a simple change, but I do feel like it’s a necessary one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

VP isnt specific to reaper, hence “bwe3 REAPER is 99% perfect”

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Blinding darkness has a 5 sec ICD, I figured it’d keep that. As it stands, for the reaper itself unless you run a condition build, it’s a minor that adds a chill to a single small area fear. It’s just not a good global trait. However due to the low cooldown and overall theme of the reaper, blind fits better for the chill. Just have them both do it but share a 4 second ICD.

As for VP, reaper basically has to run VP for its build to be overall competitive in spvp. Making it baseline increases global diversity and makes the class handle better as a whole (less self interrupted skills due to 8-12% degeneration during the cast). Unfortunately, it would require other balance measures, yes, it’s not a simple change, but I do feel like it’s a necessary one.

Any Necro PvP build besides MM has to run VP basically. It’s not exclusive to Reaper.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

It shouldn’t have … are they projectile skills? It does destroy projectiles.

Even if they were projectiles it shouldn’t say “Evade.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’ve seen this evade a couple times while reaping in verdant brink. I still can’t figure out what’s causing it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

GS isn’t the best for PvP. You can make it work, but you’ll be very dependent on your secondary weapon set.

Other than that, nothing much changed. Necro’s are still horrible mobility wise; but instead of just being a bit tanky, we can now also brawl quite well in close range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

GS is really nice in PvP because of conquest, but I find myself never using the AA, it just takes far too long for not nearly enough benefit, I just use the other skills and go into shroud.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

GS isn’t the best for PvP. You can make it work, but you’ll be very dependent on your secondary weapon set.

Other than that, nothing much changed. Necro’s are still horrible mobility wise; but instead of just being a bit tanky, we can now also brawl quite well in close range.

Greatsword has the same problem many weapons have. Blind spam completely removes it from the game. One blindspammer in the enemy team and that weapon becomes almost a non-factor. I guess at some point ANet realises that blind spam is a problem and throws in some diminishing returns.

in Necromancer

Quarktastic.1027

Greatsword has the same problem many weapons have. Blind spam completely removes it from the game. One blindspammer in the enemy team and that weapon becomes almost a non-factor. I guess at some point ANet realises that blind spam is a problem and throws in some diminishing returns.

Blind spam was the same way in GW1. Except it was courteous and gave you a 10% chance to actually hit your target. Downside was, it didn’t go away after one attack.

Anet has always had a penchant for hating on melee professions. Something about a risk/reward thing…I guess.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

meow one twenty.4376

I’ve seen this evade a couple times while reaping in verdant brink. I still can’t figure out what’s causing it.

Ah, thank you! I was hoping I wasn’t the only one.

Anyone have ideas?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Blind spam was the same way in GW1. Except it was courteous and gave you a 10% chance to actually hit your target. Downside was, it didn’t go away after one attack.

Anet has always had a penchant for hating on melee professions. Something about a risk/reward thing…I guess.

Well even in GW1 the best Blind Spams were Blinding Surge (which was an elite) and Blinding Flash. 6s and 8s cooldown… on the counterside we had condition removal on 2s cooldown in GW2, which was also half the energy cost of Blinding Surge and Blinding Flash (5 instead of 10 energy). In GW2 you cannot waste valuable condition removals on blind.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

No ty. I like my Chill on Blind in Curses. I want Chilling Nova to have a shorter ICD still.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I haven’t been sold yet that VP needs to be baselined. You’re creating builds for a specific purpose (staying in RS for survivability/utility/whatever), so you’re choosing the Shroud trait line and choosing Shroud-beneficial traits. You don’t go with Spectral Mastery because you might not be Spectral-focused (VP perhaps helps you utilize other utilities instead of Spectral for Shroud up-time), and you don’t want the increased Fear duration because Fear isn’t necessarily the key to your build. So you go with the trait that helps you remain in RS longer.

Where’s the problem, exactly? Do you want to not have to take the Shroud line for a Shroud-centric build?

I may be alone, but I sort of don’t think build diversity as high levels of play in any realm (PvE, sPvP, WvW a la GvG or Roaming) is a very feasible goal. It’s what everyone always clamors for, but it’s a balancing nightmare. Where do we draw the line with traits/etc. when saying they should be baselined? If you’re looking to compete, there is going to be a Best Thing. If you aren’t, then you can already tinker with options and come up with some unorthodox builds that you can make effective to suit your needs.

So I suppose I’m wondering: are people just so excited that they want to now have their cake and eat it too? Or would baselining VP be good for the game/balance?

Otherwise, it’s really thrilling to hear so much positivity about Reaper. I played it for a hot minute in one of the BWEs, and I really liked what I saw. Looking forward to the expac.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Behemoth.2193

Behemoth.2193

Where’s the problem, exactly? Do you want to not have to take the Shroud line for a Shroud-centric build?

The thing is, nearly EVERY viable or semi-viable build but MM necro is Shroud centric. Hell, the whole class could be considered Shroud centric, as it’s our class mechanic. With no Vigor/blocks/evades/invulns/etc. it is key to our survival. I’d like to take DM or BM as each line has appealing defense or sustain based traits, but why would I take some small lifesteal or condi removal in shroud when I could take a trait that makes my main defense (and depending on your build offense) not melt on its own?

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Something like Vital Persistance’s life force degeneration is just too central to how the class plays to be in a trait. It would be like having a trait that allowed your LF to act as HP, that is such a core mechanic of how it works and feels that you can’t just put it on a trait. Make VP baseline in some way, and adjust the profession accordingly if you have to.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Could it be that people have just been using VP for so long that they can’t imagine a build without it? Or did Reaper give people a reason to sit in Shroud, and now they want to sit in Shroud and feel that they should be able to without baking Shroud traits into a Shroud build?

Are Necros in all aspects of the game (PvE, sPvP, WvW in its various forms) looking to stay in shroud as long as possible, either before or now with Reaper Shroud? Or do some use it more situationally to absorb bursts of damage or supplement rotations with an ability or two in Shroud at a time?

Also, someone said Reaper’s Shroud degenerates faster than Death Shroud. Is that true? If so, that just seems like a bug.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Could it be that people have just been using VP for so long that they can’t imagine a build without it? Or did Reaper give people a reason to sit in Shroud, and now they want to sit in Shroud and feel that they should be able to without baking Shroud traits into a Shroud build?

Are Necros in all aspects of the game (PvE, sPvP, WvW in its various forms) looking to stay in shroud as long as possible, either before or now with Reaper Shroud? Or do some use it more situationally to absorb bursts of damage or supplement rotations with an ability or two in Shroud at a time?

Also, someone said Reaper’s Shroud degenerates faster than Death Shroud. Is that true? If so, that just seems like a bug.

I use shroud for many reasons whether it be offensive or defensive. I go in and out of shroud a lot setting up for bursts before or after. Even when not using shroud as much as one might think I still find that VP is extremely needed. The degeneration on LF is pretty fast without (idk about what you said with RS degenerating faster but if that was a case it would be a serious bug, but I don’t think it is true).
VP is especially needed on power specs as it is your main source of defense besides kiting. You don’t was it degenerating more than it already it is when you’re taking pressure in fights.
This is all from a pvp perspective. You don’t need VP in pve at all if you dont want though I prob would for something like raids. It’s just most pver’s will run wells and in sour reap, other than VP, the other 2traits aren’t worthwhile.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It is really awesome.

The Dps I can already see it’s the 2nd highest in PVE, able to spam powerful shroud and powerful GS2 (when below 50%). 4 and 5 works great too.

Shouts all do some nice things, with nice range too!

When I look at 2 underdog classes (Necro and Ranger), I feel sad when Necro gets this huge dps while ranger becomes a pitiful healbots with no boons and dps, and Necro got this AWESOME new shroud while ranger getting this fugly Astral with clunky mechanic and 0 dps, and when I see the shouts radius is 600, do way more things and instant cast, while glyphs range is 300 and all of them are useless, I seriously feel depressed about Druid.

I really hope Robert can work on ranger instead.

Druid is everything I DO NOT WANT TO BE as main ranger. I believe you Necro feels the same too right? You would never accept becoming a pitiful healers too because it’s not the reason you pick Necro to play right?

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

just the name Druid suggest healing so u could see that comming a mile away. Reaper is good atm, abit to squishy in 1v1 situations compared to the tankier Death Shroud mechanic and I still think most Shouts lack something (the Heal YSIM is very lackluster).

But all in all a solid class that really brings Necro something diffrent, and I love the idea of getting really good with my GS swings and land them in sPvP and Solo Roaming. Thats hard atm outside “on point” situations but setting up some good CC help land the GD’s even vs the best players.

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Aomine.5012

just the name Druid suggest healing so u could see that comming a mile away. Reaper is good atm, abit to squishy in 1v1 situations compared to the tankier Death Shroud mechanic and I still think most Shouts lack something (the Heal YSIM is very lackluster).

But all in all a solid class that really brings Necro something diffrent, and I love the idea of getting really good with my GS swings and land them in sPvP and Solo Roaming. Thats hard atm outside “on point” situations but setting up some good CC help land the GD’s even vs the best players.

In Diable 2, Druid can be an offensive transform class or a strong nature magic caster.

It doesn’t has to be a healer. Being a healer for Druid is the worst and one dimensional ideas Plus usually Druid suppose to be a buff/debuff classes, but guess what, this class has no boons non-existent debuffs. (Your shouts are more like debuffs lol)

Plus my point is ranger kinda like being shaft away because there’s no true healer in this game, so they just give that “new class”, attach on ranger and call it a day. Imagine if your Necro become the last class to add specialization in, and Anet has no choice but to put this last healing spec on your class because there’s no other specialization left to fill in the role, what would you feel? Especially when you pick Necro to be like Necro? Reapers is everything Necro would like to be.

in Necromancer

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

It is really awesome.

The Dps I can already see it’s the 2nd highest in PVE, able to spam powerful shroud and powerful GS2 (when below 50%). 4 and 5 works great too.

When I look at 2 underdog classes (Necro and Ranger), I feel sad when Necro gets this huge dps while ranger becomes a pitiful healbots with no boons and dps, and Necro got this AWESOME new shroud while ranger getting this fugly Astral with clunky mechanic and 0 dps, and when I see the shouts radius is 600, do way more things and instant cast, while glyphs range is 300 and all of them are useless, I seriously feel depressed about Druid.

Druid is everything I DO NOT WANT TO BE as main ranger. I believe you Necro feels the same too right? You would never accept becoming a pitiful healers too because it’s not the reason you pick Necro to play right?

Interesting, but nope reaper isn’t gonna be the 2nd dps of the game, at least in its current state. Don’t be full be the high numbers, to compare damage you have to compare the DPS because all classes haven’t the same speed on weapons spell.

Shouts are nice now, and yet (in pve) core class spell are more usefull most of the time.

As for the druid it’s the only reason that gonna make me use my ranger tbh. I lvlup a ranger for my wife (I don’t like ranges in MMOs) and I have a lot of fun with druid.
But I agree the druid has broken mechanics: wasn’t able to stack celestial form without staff (bug?), no damage at all, no pet that fit with a healer, no celestial form underwater (soooo disapointing), and absolutely no use out of HoT :s .

But overall people say “reaper is the best elite” only because it bring what necro’s want since GW2 was released. It is not perfect but such an improvement for us that we feel like we can fly now.

PS: reaper heal like a truck. seriously try it and you’ll see (FYI RS4 > 8-9k heal aoe + rez^^), so there was no point on giving a “healer” spec on necro. Even though I understand rangers can be a bit disapointed.

(edited by xadine.7069)

in Necromancer

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

It is really awesome.

Well next expansion there is great chance that necro are going to have a support or healing spec. It’s pretty sure that all the classes with the new elite spec system are going to have a supportive or healing spec one day. Rangers are the first, next elite spec is going to be dps oriented pretty sure.

As a necro i actually love the idea of supportive healing using spirits or soul bound in a future spec.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

yea Druid dosent have to be Healing based, but going by experience of the 11 MMO’s I played over last decade Druid more often then not = some kind of healing, thats what I ment.

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

A lot of Reaper builds focus on using Shroud as their primary damage due to the incredible Decimate Defenses/Death Perception synergy. You absolutely don’t need VP for every single build, but you do need it for builds that expect to stay in Shroud for longer periods of time, which is something a lot of Necromancer builds tend to want. So it ends up being something that is never bad to take, but very, very often bad to not take.

It isn’t that it literally degenerates faster. It is melee, which means you are going to take more incidental damage from abilities than an up to 1200 range shroud. It has the same damage reduction and 4% base degeneration. However, Reaper’s Shroud has vastly higher sustain potential, the auto attack chain can generate LF faster than it degenerates with VP (another reason VP is strong), so you can actually start with say 50% LF and push it up to 100%, though this would never happen in normal combat.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

“Reaper’s Shroud has vastly higher sustain potential, the auto attack chain can generate LF faster than it degenerates with VP (another reason VP is strong), so you can actually start with say 50% LF and push it up to 100%, though this would never happen in normal combat.”

this meens NOTHING in 1v1 tho, keep that in mind… works vs Clones from Mesmer otherwise the AA LF sustain is pointless in 1v1 fights.

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siren Aradia.5863

Siren Aradia.5863

As a necro i actually love the idea of supportive healing using spirits or soul bound in a future spec.

That reminds me of Necro/Ritualist in GW1, and tbh that was all I used on my heroes when I wanted healers. If I took a monk at all it was for smiting, not healing, because the N/R was fantastic at keeping my NPC party alive, at least in my experience.

As it is in both games they’re a pretty good utility class, able to slam conditions and buff with wells and all sorts of little extras. Reaper really does just feel like a great extension of that, giving more damage capabilities and more options to play around with. I agree with this thread, there are some things that could be tweaked but for the most part it’s a great improvement on Necros and I can’t wait to give my main a greatsword.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

this meens NOTHING in 1v1 tho, keep that in mind… works vs Clones from Mesmer otherwise the AA LF sustain is pointless in 1v1 fights.

In 1v1 you take almost no more damage due to range differences, so Reaper’s Shroud is still more sustainable due to AA based LF regeneration, instead of just a single skill to delay degeneration a bit.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

In 1v1 you take almost no more damage due to range differences, so Reaper’s Shroud is still more sustainable due to AA based LF regeneration, instead of just a single skill to delay degeneration a bit.

on paper u math could be correct still isnt so in practice u get sent out of RS so fast and AA LF isnt enough in a 1v1 situation just a fact. Evryone who duelled that I talked with says the same. And I want a feeling of more tankiness sadly it wont come but yea….

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Quarktastic.1027

A lot of Reaper builds focus on using Shroud as their primary damage due to the incredible Decimate Defenses/Death Perception synergy. You absolutely don’t need VP for every single build, but you do need it for builds that expect to stay in Shroud for longer periods of time, which is something a lot of Necromancer builds tend to want. So it ends up being something that is never bad to take, but very, very often bad to not take.

It isn’t that it literally degenerates faster. It is melee, which means you are going to take more incidental damage from abilities than an up to 1200 range shroud. It has the same damage reduction and 4% base degeneration. However, Reaper’s Shroud has vastly higher sustain potential, the auto attack chain can generate LF faster than it degenerates with VP (another reason VP is strong), so you can actually start with say 50% LF and push it up to 100%, though this would never happen in normal combat.

You don’t need death perception at all with decimate defenses, unless you have base precision. And even then, I wouldn’t run full valkyrie/cavalier on a reaper anyway, because you still lose out on some crit chance when out of shroud.

25 vuln on a target with decimate defenses is apparently a 50% crit rate increase, which already puts me at 100% crit rate in full berserker gear.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

We really need VP to be based line and a slight increase in GS.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You don’t need death perception at all with decimate defenses, unless you have base precision. And even then, I wouldn’t run full valkyrie/cavalier on a reaper anyway, because you still lose out on some crit chance when out of shroud.

25 vuln on a target with decimate defenses is apparently a 50% crit rate increase, which already puts me at 100% crit rate in full berserker gear.

Right and good luck using full berserker gear in PvP without dying instantly, which is what most people are referencing, PvP.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Quarktastic.1027

Right and good luck using full berserker gear in PvP without dying instantly, which is what most people are referencing, PvP.

When people reference pvp, they generally say “amulet” instead of gear. If you’re referring to wvw, I don’t play it anymore, and I don’t recall anyone mentioning wvw specifically.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Greatsword doesn’t need more damage. It needs to be buffed in a way specific to PvP that doesn’t really up its PvE effectiveness.

Gravedigger unblockable would be good. Maybe have it give one stack stability while channeled or something that’s immediately lost upon the cast’s cancelation so it can’t be used for executes. The attack is just borderline impossible to land in PvP unless your opponents are downed or vegetables IRL.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Gravedigger unblockable would be good. Maybe have it give one stack stability while channeled or something that’s immediately lost upon the cast’s cancelation so it can’t be used for executes. The attack is just borderline impossible to land in PvP unless your opponents are downed or vegetables IRL.

It can take off half the HP bar of a bunker, it can’t be made more reliable to hit without taking a fairly hefty damage nerf.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Aomine.5012

It can take off half the HP bar of a bunker, it can’t be made more reliable to hit without taking a fairly hefty damage nerf.

Yeah, that damage on Necro GS2 is almost equivalent to 100B all gather in one hit.

Can easily do 10k damage on people who have some vulnerable stacks on it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

That reminds me of Necro/Ritualist in GW1, and tbh that was all I used on my heroes when I wanted healers. If I took a monk at all it was for smiting, not healing, because the N/R was fantastic at keeping my NPC party alive, at least in my experience.

As it is in both games they’re a pretty good utility class, able to slam conditions and buff with wells and all sorts of little extras. Reaper really does just feel like a great extension of that, giving more damage capabilities and more options to play around with. I agree with this thread, there are some things that could be tweaked but for the most part it’s a great improvement on Necros and I can’t wait to give my main a greatsword.

Yeah i pretty love that too! Ashes was great too. This would be cool to add a spec like this to necro next expansion!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, that damage on Necro GS2 is almost equivalent to 100B all gather in one hit.

Can easily do 10k damage on people who have some vulnerable stacks on it.

You can deal 19k damage in one hit (plus procs off that hit) with max damage setup in PvP. Crit gravedigger that procs air/fire/blood sigils which proc CoD. Bit of a crazy situation but completely doable.

My PvP Minion Build