change the bleeding of the necro to torment?

in Necromancer

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

If the amount of bleeds was to much, then WHY didn’t arenanet switch necro’s to torment. they could have made necro strong in immobilizing people…

It would have been a control mechanic; people whould have been forced to stay to avoid extra dmg… If you would start running around while having 10 stacks of torment you’d be killing yourself. It would have created the need for people to bring condition removal…

It would also lighten the stack load on bleeds… If necro’s would want bleeds they could go for the trait or sigil of earth. Just change all skills to torment. about the same same duration. This could be a nerf (as torment does only 75% of bleeding dmg.) and it will be a buff, In effect the added control would make it work out.

Of course there would be issues: stacking 10+ torments and the fearing people would be extremely powerfull… but in the end it would give ony 1 or 2 ticks with forced dmg. which should be manageable. Certain classes wouldn’t be affected (much) as they have great condition removal. (think guardian, ranger, (necro))

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I wish Necromancers had better access to torment… It makes a lot more sense than burning, and it also makes sense considering we are supposed to keep players from fleeing.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The burning doesn’t really matter to me. Dhuumfire has no real meaning in so many builds… Even though I do use it when switching from dmg focussed hybrid to condi-focus…

But Torment seems to fit necro’s better…

I also think if we are at that, we might take in consideration agony will be here to stay… Why not change dhuumfire to agony… With agony resistance people would hardly notice but without they die… Scaling could be adjusted of course, maybe to a difference in AR of the receiver and the attacker?? the damage if a necro would have less or equal AR difference agony would be flimsy, but if a necro had 55 AR difference or more it would spike the crap out of people/NPC’s

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Why not change dhuumfire to agony…

There isn’t AR in sPvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Why not change dhuumfire to agony…

There isn’t AR in sPvP.

And also you then get horrific necros with absurd amounts of AR from having full ascended gear and all 10+ AR infusions, if you base it around AR difference, who can basically instakill people without ascended gear with an unremovable condition.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Because changing one stacking damage condition to another changes nothing. You just change the name of the problem from “too many bleeds” to “too much torment”.

In fact, the more variety in conditions we can use to damage our opponents, the better. Unless they swapped all our bleeding to torment, then we’d have our damage split over 2 conditions, meaning it’d take you more cleansing to get rid of the same damage as before.

The real problem is that they have developed a game that doesn’t discriminate between conditions. Necromancers need to be able to keep targets perma-conditioned, and those targets need to not be. But in the process they’ve created a situation where Necromancers, unlike everyone else, can have a main defensive mechanic countered by another standard defensive mechanic.

They’d get a lot better design if they started introducing more cleanses that were specific, like the thief has. That way people can choose to slot a cleanse that helps mitigate only damaging conditions, or a cleanse that only takes away movement impairing conditions, etc. That way Necromancers can still be able to keep defensive conditions on their targets, but their targets don’t end up drowning in 20 stacks of bleeds wrapped up in 10 cover conditions.

Don’t get your hopes up though.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I do like the theme of this idea.

However, if torment was OP, it would be awesome if they could change all bleeds we inflict to… something unique to Necros.

Like “Necrotic Affliction” or something like that. It could do identical damage to bleeds but allow it to stack separately.

Even better would be if we got our own personal stack’s and could personally stack up to 25. e.g. Ghostextechnica’s Necrotic Affliction.

Then all that would be needed to fix conditions in PvE would be allowing conditions to affect ‘structures’ (Read: open world bosses).

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

hurr we’re gonna give the rogue class of guild wars 2 more access to torment than the freaking necromancer.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I’d rather see dumbfire changed to torment honestly… I like bleeds the way they are. Just my opinion.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

I do like the theme of this idea.

However, if torment was OP, it would be awesome if they could change all bleeds we inflict to… something unique to Necros.

Like “Necrotic Affliction” or something like that. It could do identical damage to bleeds but allow it to stack separately.

Even better would be if we got our own personal stack’s and could personally stack up to 25. e.g. Ghostextechnica’s Necrotic Affliction.

Then all that would be needed to fix conditions in PvE would be allowing conditions to affect ‘structures’ (Read: open world bosses).

I think whoevers cond damage is highest should take over full stack, the rest just fuel it.

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

hurr we’re gonna give the rogue class of guild wars 2 more access to torment than the freaking necromancer.

No one said Torment was Necro only, ever. It was specifically going to first appear on us, not only on us.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

@Bhawb

Has this ever been mentioned or talked about? Like if they were prepared to change the condition system for this.

Edit:
I mean the idea is not only natural, its what most other games have. A heal/cleanse which removes posion, or another against snares. The thief example is the best, otherwise well always rely on spam vs. spam+1

Theyre also exact 6 vs 6 in terms of damage/controll effects

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

@Bhawb

Has this ever been mentioned or talked about? Like if they were prepared to change the condition system for this.

Change in what way? What I talked about was all stuff that is loosely in the game, just something that needs more focus imo. A few thief traits and a heal I think all have specific condition-removals, and also that one all-professions PvE heal.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I mean if it was ever talked about with the devs about overhauling the condition system to splitting damaging and controling conditions?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I mean if it was ever talked about with the devs about overhauling the condition system to splitting damaging and controling conditions?

No, very unlikely they’d do that. I’m just asking that they incorporate more specific cleansing, which wouldn’t require a split at all.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

No one said Torment was Necro only, ever. It was specifically going to first appear on us, not only on us.

you’re right, no one did. including myself. simply the name of the condition should imply necro gets more access to it though.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Torment is just harsh physical or mental pain, something that most classes are arguably capable of inflicting. Thief, Mesmer, and Warrior, the others that get the condition, are very capable of inflicting one or the other, no more or less so than a Necromancer: Thieves through poisoning them, Mesmers through illusions, Warriors through sticking a sword through them.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

There was a interesting warrior in WvW the other day. Was using weap sigil I guess to apply torment to me, and was just bouncing in to CC, re-apply. Then running off kiting.

Anyway, on a mobile class vs a non-mobile class. It was working rather well at only a few stacks.

I feel tho, that torment on necro, is only used as ‘another condition’ for overloading cleanse. Not as lockdown.
It’d be nice to get more access to torment, so it actually worked as a lock down. As it stands now, having to DS to use it, then immob on the end of a slow cast, means that anyone running, still runs out of range of imob lockdown, (with the lack of extra bleeds we don’t apply by using DS nullifying it) anyone who stays, is imob so only getting half power bleeds for most the torment.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Torment is just harsh physical or mental pain, something that most classes are arguably capable of inflicting. Thief, Mesmer, and Warrior, the others that get the condition, are very capable of inflicting one or the other, no more or less so than a Necromancer: Thieves through poisoning them, Mesmers through illusions, Warriors through sticking a sword through them.

The poison Thieves would use would be a highly corrosive toxin extracted from the skale. Considering the skale secrete a large quantity of a sort of acid from their mouth, I would imagine the thief gets the venom from whatever pouch they would use.

Moving with a sword through your chest would cause more harm. And the pain would increase. So torment makes sense here as well.

The mesmer has been well known to menipulate the mind, making people believe in the pain afflicted to them, their body responds. You aren’t actually bleeding, poisoned or burning while fighting a mesmer. But you believe its real. So the same negative effects happen.The same is true for torment.

The Necromancer on the other hand, doesn’t use a poison. This I disagree with. The Necromancer has been known to corrupt the soul. And the Tainted shackles acts as a soul tether, hitting them at their very being.