chaplan_: Necro gets burning via a trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

tbh I’d much rather have vigor

We’re not getting vigor or any other damage reducing ability or more mobility. It’s not the dev’s view of the class. Hopefully we’ll have DS boosted to compensate this (which Jon already said something to that effect.)

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Ooh! This makes me so happy!
I’ve had a fire theme on my Necro’s armor for ages and I’ve been a bit sad none of the skills actually apply any burning!
Also… Burning + Epidemic, anyone?!

As for the Trait tree I’m guessing Spite or Curses.
I wanna say Curses because Spite doesn’t have any Condition damage traits to begin with…

…But then on the other hand Burning on 30 Spite would make sense in the way ground-targeted Wells do in Curses.
They would make Hybrid builds stronger.

I feel that Necro Hybrid builds lack damage and Burning in Spite would help them a lot without making Fear Necros more powerful.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

Probably will be in the spite line. Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand I do see it helping power builds and hybrid builds a lot but on the other hand I’m not sure it is the best way to go about it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

I got an idea for how to apply it. Frostburn-everytime you apply chill you apply X seconds of burning

in Necromancer

Posted by: BadJas.5178

BadJas.5178

I got an idea for how to apply it. Frostburn-everytime you apply chill you apply X seconds of burning

I doubt it will be as reliable as that. A lot of people agree that it could possibly be very powerful if Necromancers get access to burning. The developers obviously realize this as well, so I’m guessing the trait will give a couple seconds of burning on some trigger (perhaps indeed applying chill, or a critical hit, or when your target is below X% health, if your target has X or more conditions on it, AoE when entering DS, etc.) with a ~10-20 second cooldown. Depending on the trigger, it will also have an X% chance of occurring.

Usually the developers are very careful inserting new abilities like this in the game, so I highly doubt it will be game-breaking from the start. That being said, I am looking forward to this. It could be quite interesting to try and build around.

Half-Digested Mass Effect [eww]
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I like the idea of applying one condition after another condition.
A chain condition mechanic to hinder your opponent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Some classes have too much access to it, and it’s a ridiculously OP condition that still does nonsensical damage even with no condition damage. I main all classes, and ALOT of builds are made unviable simply because of that dumb condition.

This is awesome.

Go to the Elementalist forum and read how Burning is so bad, and nobody should ever bother to fit more in their build.

I think it’s hilarious, and use it on every class I can. So glad Necro is getting it, since I think it kinda fits (if it stays limited.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

I hope it’s in a tree that synergizes with condition necros. I realize it probably won’t be. That would make Necromancers actually good – nay, borderline overpowered – at something. ;_;

Edit:

A chance to burn an enemy for 3 seconds on a crit would be ideal, although 25 percent chance would obviously be too low.

Would it be? Most condition specs I know of stack precision for sigil of earth procs. I’m no math expert, but it feels like at 50% crit you’d still get respectable uptime on a ridiculously painful condition.

(edited by Furienify.5738)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Was it specified if it’s a major or minor trait?
We have enough minors that are underwhelming for this to replace one.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

We shall have to wait and see. Don’t be shocked if you get something like burn foes when you block.

lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

As for burning, I am somewhat excited about getting it. I, however, have to agree with others in some regard. I would love to have a poison that ticks closer to burning damage just for Necro’s via a trait. But that also means we still have bad condition variety to cover our bleed stacks. So I’m torn as well as I’ve been doing, though, without burning I would still almost rather a stronger poison.

It was more about getting more ways to constantly apply it rather then getting any exclusive poison damage boost.

We shall have to wait and see. Don’t be shocked if you get something like burn foes when you block.

lol

Ha ha ha good one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

That spectral armor comment is very dangerous lol… Why is he saying that the trait spectral armor is strong and not saying that the utility spectral armor is incredibly inefficient? It is strong yeah but it’s not too strong so that leaves me with fears.

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

Yep, it gave me some chills too, I am really curious on what they are going to do with the spectral armor(they also said they are gonna move some stun breakers around) but I use it on almost every build(the 15 trait) and I will hate to lose it.
The good new is, we are probably going to see changes to reanimator,gluttony etc. traits that are close to no use.
I’m glad that actually they finally start Looking at us.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

Also sorry for the double post, but I believe the burning trait will get the place of “Target the Weak” and “Target the Weak” will move up to Spite, makes sense to me ’cause it is a direct damage boost and as necro you have 1-3 conditions on target most of the time even if you are power or cond.

Also why isn’t anybody talking about Weakness? It is a huge change, we are the proffesion with the biggest access to it and it will reduce any direct damage, it is a huge boost to some of our skills.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

i said that spectral armour was v underwhelming for the 90 sec CD and chaplan agreed with me so i guess it might get some change

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think it could be interesting to see burning replace Protection of the Horde with something like “Cremation: Minions burn nearby foes when they die.”

Reanimator, which I personally like, would still be the only thing that is guaranteed to make this trait useful, but since Jagged horrors are going to die anyway, this isn’t a bad change as opposed to a mere 20 toughness which is easily ignored.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

that would be horrible for anyone that doesnt want to use minions lol

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I think it could be interesting to see burning replace Protection of the Horde with something like “Cremation: Minions burn nearby foes when they die.”

Reanimator, which I personally like, would still be the only thing that is guaranteed to make this trait useful, but since Jagged horrors are going to die anyway, this isn’t a bad change as opposed to a mere 20 toughness which is easily ignored.

I despise minions. No thank you.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Idea:
Spectral burning
Spectral wall applies burning every time a foe crosses it.
Spectral armor applies burning when you’re hit.
Spectral walk applies burning in area while in effect.
Spectral grasp applies burning to target.

Durations and general spectral skill balance are negotiable.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

I think this will be the first step of getting a new weapon in the first expansion: torch.
Give us green fire like the Wildfire of A Song of Ice and Fire now, and later give us torches so we have another condition OH weapon to choose from

~ The light of a new day

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

Actually torch could fit well to the necromancer concept, and it could be both an effective condition/direct dmg weapon AND with some defensive use(which currently we don’t have any OHs like this), aoe burn with LF filler etc and more good stuff, but on the other hand , giving too much burn on the necro could turn OP.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Actually torch could fit well to the necromancer concept, and it could be both an effective condition/direct dmg weapon AND with some defensive use(which currently we don’t have any OHs like this), aoe burn with LF filler etc and more good stuff, but on the other hand , giving too much burn on the necro could turn OP.

I think it would be interesting to give u torch as a main-hand weapon. First to use as main-hand and we could use it as a magical flame wielding weapon that burned in a cone shape (giving us Cleave like abilities on auto-attack!). Just a random thought.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

mightytroll, you say you main all classes. how is that possible? im not having a dig im just curious. I main necro and play alot of guard thief and warrior. tht like what your saying?

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

If we’re getting a new weapon, it better be a scythe!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

a scythe would make me very happy

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Scythes aint gonna happen, staff is necro “scythe” Axe offhand and dual weild swords on the other hand yes please.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

People who think terror and burning together is to much have no idea what a engi is capable of.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Scythes aint gonna happen, staff is necro “scythe” Axe offhand and dual weild swords on the other hand yes please.

It doesn’t have to stay that way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kau.8495

Kau.8495

how would roughly an extra 600/3s take us from wet noodles to super noodles?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Oh man this is perfect. I’m really looking forward to the next patch. Even more then I was before the latest information from the tournament chat. Finally we’re getting the patch we deserve.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MGjam.5706

MGjam.5706

When the next patch arrive? June 27th?

in Necromancer

natsos.3692

After 20th for sure, I hope close to 23-24 ^^

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Patches always seem to come out on tuesdays so either 25th or the 2nd of July.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There will be a patch happening June 4th, but I don’t think that’s a balance patch. That might just be a Southsun Cove update patch. I think the June patch at the end of the month is definitely more likely for this change.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

mightytroll, you say you main all classes. how is that possible? im not having a dig im just curious. I main necro and play alot of guard thief and warrior. tht like what your saying?

Obviously he plays every class the most of any class he plays.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Indeed I do, Bhawb.

I’ll explain, I say I main each class since I don’t devote myself to any one specific class. I use them all equally. My best and preferred is definitely Necromancer, so you could say that I main Necro if you wanted my specific top class.

The equivalent of me in my fighting game days of saying I main everyone, simply because I mained a character that required advanced knowledge of every other character in the game in order to use him effectively (Shang Tsung). I play them all.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

you guys are gonna be so disappointed when the patch hits

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Necroing (lol) this thread for this question.

Was there mention of a fix regarding CB and Plague Signet missing so freaking often for no reason?

I’ve had multiple (like seriously, A LOT) sessions tonight where both of these skills failed to do anything to my target and still went on the full CD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

While you are at it our “unblockable” marks still get “blocked” occasionally. Saw it again this morning. Can’t say for sure but it seems to be guardian specific. Perhaps there are certain conditions under which Aegis causes this? Dunno.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

It’s not just our marks our corrupt boon sometimes gets blocked as well and it says in the tooltip unblockable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

While you are at it our “unblockable” marks still get “blocked” occasionally. Saw it again this morning. Can’t say for sure but it seems to be guardian specific. Perhaps there are certain conditions under which Aegis causes this? Dunno.

Some effects (guardian focus 4) tend to be derpy with unblockable because their “blocks” are on hit counter in addition to a timer, general bug (most npcs abilities that block will also cause this *caught 1/5 crabs).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

any info on when this patch will land?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Burning doesn’t make sense lore wise. Sure, one could try to say “Oh, it has to do with the firey pits of hell” and whatnot, but hell doesn’t exist in Guild Wars! They have the underworld and mists instead!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Cant wait for the unstoppable burning damage from Terror builds. Patch needs to hurry up and come already along with DS-5 and its new condition and health regeneration through DS.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Out of curiosity, let’s assume we are in tPvP on a point in a 1v1 without poison applied to us. Our build has about 844-900ish healing power; about as much as running a shaman amulet can afford without hitting like a wet noodle in a rain storm.

How much healing can we expect to get from our own regeneration while in DS for say, 5 to 6 seconds?

I’m not sure I would get the math right. Just curious how much benefit we’re going to actually get from this if we’re on our own.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Out of curiosity, let’s assume we are in tPvP on a point in a 1v1 without poison applied to us. Our build has about 844-900ish healing power; about as much as running a shaman amulet can afford without hitting like a wet noodle in a rain storm.

How much healing can we expect to get from our own regeneration while in DS for say, 5 to 6 seconds?

I’m not sure I would get the math right. Just curious how much benefit we’re going to actually get from this if we’re on our own.

You can’t heal in Death Shroud.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

You can’t heal in Death Shroud.

ANet have discussed allowing health regeneration whilst in Death Shroud, keep up! snaps fingers

To answer your question Chesire, 900 HP would heal 243 per second, acouple passives that will really help us post-patch;

Regeneration = 130 + (0.125 * Healing Power) per second.
Soothing Mist = 80 + (0.05* Healing Power) per second.
Transfusion = 2,628 over 3.5 seconds (751 per second).

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Just thinking about how guys here are all excited/afraid about the potential Terror + Burning, don’t 100% presume you’ll be able to trait for both of them optimally.

If the trait is like deep into Spite, Death or Blood Magic, you will be hard pressed to get all the Terror appropriate traits as well and may well have to go hybrid or something. Incendiary Powder for engi is in a Power Trait line I think, so I wouldn’t be too surprised.

mark my words o.o

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

First of all: I love this forum, seriously. This is the only forum where people are necroing topics without any problems

On topic: I think they said the next patch will be rolled out on 25th June and 20th will be the announcement of content.

~ The light of a new day