corrupt boon "invunerable"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

While playing some pvp today, i had a chance to try and prevent a ranger from stomping my teammate, when i cast corrupt boon on them to remove the 4 boons they had including stability. Then i saw an “invulnerable” pop up on the ranger and then him proceed to stop my teammate and then destroy me.

Anyone else having trouble with unblock-able skills or boon removal?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

This might have something to do with the bug that stab isn’t converting to fear atm

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

The reason for this* is because the process for how Corrupt Boon works is currently this:

1. Read what boons are on the target
  2. Apply conditions that are the “conversion” conditions for the boons read in step 1
  3. Remove boons.

For most purposes, this isn’t different from handling it instantly, but for the application of stability to fear, it means the Stability is still up when the fear gets applied.

*Speculation. I’m not a coder.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

Currently, some conversions are bugged (most notably Stability into Fear), as are some unblockable skills. However, you probably encountered something else. You will get an “Invulnerable” message when attempting to apply conditions that can’t apply. For example, when an Engineer’s Transmutation trait (incoming conditions convert to boons, 15s cd) goes off, you will get that result; or, when trying to Fear a Ranger who has Shared Anguish (incoming disabling effects are transfered to pet, 60s cd (I think)), you will see that result. Now, since Stability->Fear isn’t working (at least last I tried it) I’m not sure what it is off the top of my head, but it could well be an instance of the way the game responds to the activation of certain traits.

Edit: Actually, strike that. It will usually read “Immune,” not “Invulnerable.” Still, the point remains this could be the game’s normal way of responding to circumstances. Or it could be something buggy. I play Ranger the least of all professions, so my familiarity with its tricks is not tremendous.

(edited by Ocosh.5843)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

Maybe they had resistance up?

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Zetsumei.4975

Maybe they had resistance up?

Nah resistance can be corrupted into chill

Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

I think you might be right with the transfering condi’s to pet trait. Makes sense that someone would be inunerable if the pet took them. either way now i know that there is definatly something wrong with stab to fear, and it’s really annoying

hopefully anet puts out a patch for it soon

in Necromancer

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

You get “invulnerable” against a lot of classes. I tried to corrupt a mesmers boons and nothing happened besides of that “invulnerable” message. Not sure what other buffs he had up, but it was 3 boons on him and nothing that should interupt my skill.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Necromancer

Zetsumei.4975

You get “invulnerable” against a lot of classes. I tried to corrupt a mesmers boons and nothing happened besides of that “invulnerable” message. Not sure what other buffs he had up, but it was 3 boons on him and nothing that should interupt my skill.

Surely if he uses the f4 shatter it would protect him from the corrupt boon, also seeing as how the corrupting of stab has now been fixed. Especially because previously the boons would be visibly removed and corrupted but the fear would proc an invulnerable message because the condis were being applied before removing the boon.

Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Was it “invulnerable” or “immune”?

If it was immune, it could be a certain trait they have. I think it transfers a CC onto their pet so your fear may have been transferred onto the pet.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

The ranger was probably running “Shared Anguish”. Which basically makes one hard crowd control skill get auto sent to pet.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

The ranger was probably running “Shared Anguish”. Which basically makes one hard crowd control skill get auto sent to pet.

This.

/15chars++++++++