epidemic skill mechanic

epidemic skill mechanic

in Necromancer

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

Q:

when i spread conditions with epidemic skill:

-Do they conditions spread as if they were mine?
For example, i spread fire, does it count as my own damage on the new on the new target?

-And if they count as mine, do they get affected by my condition stats?
not sure if the condition i spread (not being mine originally) it is modified and make damage based on my stats

epidemic skill mechanic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

A:

The damage is attributed to you.
The damage is based on your condition damage.
The duration of the transferred conditions is based on the remaining condition times on the target when the Epidemic cast goes off. This is important because it lets you bypass some condition immunities/duration reduction. This is most important against champion and legendary enemies – you can get a full duration weakness on them by casting Epidemic on a nearby non-champion/legendary target. This also works in WvW against Tower/Keep lords and supply camp NPCs with that buff that makes them immune to conditions and dmg; note that the debuff those NPCs get is actually -100% dmg and condition duration, so vulnerability and condition duration traits/food/runes let you put conditions on them, but using Epidemic lets you bypass the -100% duration.

epidemic skill mechanic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

I do believe so. I have used Epidemic to spread 25 stacks of bleed, and it showed the enemy being hit by my bleed damage.