give necro stealth and see what happens

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

id wonder what would happen if necros were given the ability on a weapon to stealth . just for a short while , you know , to disengage like thieves , mesmers , rangers can do . and i mean by not slotting rune of infiltration . im talking a legit stealth that shuts it down .

in Necromancer

Posted by: MoonCrash.6713

MoonCrash.6713

Why don’t you just play thief?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

what happen? Gravedigger land hits on players. Perfect for gimmick in wvw.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I will have my tear bucket ready.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just make Well of Darkness a smoke field and you’ll see that it adds some utility to the skill but otherwise doesn’t change a lot. Any more stealth than that is probably excessive and outside the scope of what the class should be capable of.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

We need less stealth in the game, not more.

And that’s coming from an ex-thief.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Give necro some blocks instead, that wouldn’t be so bad, or some life force gain while in combat or something. (similar to Signet of Rage’s adrenaline in combat, minuscule but not un-helpful)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Unseen epidemic bombs and corruptions. Woo.
Necro will become the next pvp meme class.

Multiple Class Disorder

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Give necro some blocks instead, that wouldn’t be so bad, or some life force gain while in combat or something. (similar to Signet of Rage’s adrenaline in combat, minuscule but not un-helpful)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Undeath

Don’t ask for it we already have it.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Zietlogik.6208

I was kinda meaning as a class mechanic, not as a kittenty skill noone in their right mind would ever take

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I was kinda meaning as a class mechanic, not as a kittenty skill noone in their right mind would ever take

I think you meant Berserker’s Fury rather than Signet of Rage.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I made a norn necro just for that reason pre HoT, but deleted it post HoT because I didn’t feel like grinding out a 2nd reaper

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Necromancer

Zietlogik.6208

I think you meant Berserker’s Fury rather than Signet of Rage.

The signet’s passive gives adrenaline in combat, same thing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I made a norn necro just for that reason pre HoT, but deleted it post HoT because I didn’t feel like grinding out a 2nd reaper

I realized pretty fast it’s too necessary to have “Chilled to the Bone!” there to be competitive in the role I chose for my reaper.

Playing reaper I learned it’s claw through a fight not crawl away from it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Keep in mind that stealth necro i guess “sand necro” not going to have shouts nor will it have a GS. These are from reaper and will be lost if you swap out the reaper line.

Croup boon and epi i do not think brake stealth. So i guess that could be crazy broken lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I think people here are kind of over-estimating what a smoke field would give necros. And if we were to talk about a single use skill without a field, the absolute max stealth it would give, would be like 4 or 5 seconds, and that’s not exactly ghost thief levels.

Necros have a grand total of 3 Blast Finishers, which are all kind of unwieldy. Out of which 1(staff #4) is completely unusable for stacking stealth. The other 2(Flesh Wurm and Minions) kinda take away from what you want to use stealth for as they both occupy your utility slots(and break stealth immediately if there are enemies around you). Further, Reaper only has a single Leap Finisher, and that’s in RS. A necro has 0 leaps.

You could factor in other classes but what’s the point? All they really need to do now is group up with a thief, and alrdy do the things talked about here. That said, I don’t think necromancers would actually benefit from either option without a new ESpec built around it.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think people here are kind of over-estimating what a smoke field would give necros. And if we were to talk about a single use skill without a field, the absolute max stealth it would give, would be like 4 or 5 seconds, and that’s not exactly ghost thief levels.

Necros have a grand total of 3 Blast Finishers, which are all kind of unwieldy. Out of which 1(staff #4) is completely unusable for stacking stealth. The other 2(Flesh Wurm and Minions) kinda take away from what you want to use stealth for as they both occupy your utility slots(and break stealth immediately if there are enemies around you). Further, Reaper only has a single Leap Finisher, and that’s in RS. A necro has 0 leaps.

You could factor in other classes but what’s the point? All they really need to do now is group up with a thief, and alrdy do the things talked about here. That said, I don’t think necromancers would actually benefit from either option without a new ESpec built around it.

If it just a smoke field i cant see why necro would even run it. I think it will have to have it build in stealth to be viable maybe even a few true ground leaps. We my see stealth get the update it needs to keep ppl from having 100% stealth up time then the stealth on necor would be more of pure def tool.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

invuln would be way more useful.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE