help with blood necro

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

looking for a good life stealing build. i do pve and wvw, so i need something that works within those areas. checked necro builds on metabattle allready with no luck on a straight up life stealer. ty for your help ahead of time.

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… I may be wrong but since HoT, it’s better to see life stealing as a side dish that can help you survive instead of looking at it as if it were a main dish.

However, as far as I played with life siphons, I’d say that the most effective is a minion build. You may eventually try your luck with wells but that’s bound to disappoint you.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kGRocTsdTwbTgeTs0NYTZsBQAIKi9qaVxLwJ4FE-T1BGQB4T9nNqEcN7PgQlfA4JAgOdDJ4iAQKAzFbB-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmQD7khGopGsrGwbTg9GsMNYxfwT4KcqldBqASDgCQAA-TVhTABOr8DIdDAs/w2KBrS9HSBE4WL-w

There’s a ton that you can do. Best for WvW i think should be the top one, get life siphons and gain 10% of your condition damage back as healing. Minions just die very quickly in WvW.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Well… I may be wrong but since HoT, it’s better to see life stealing as a side dish that can help you survive instead of looking at it as if it were a main dish.

However, as far as I played with life siphons, I’d say that the most effective is a minion build. You may eventually try your luck with wells but that’s bound to disappoint you.

I play with Wells, not so much for the lifesteal but to support others during events and it actually works out very well.

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, I was just answering to the idea of life siphon. Like you said, wells have better use than siphoning life and that was the purpose of my answer. In any way, life siphons shall not be the purpose of any build, just a mean to achieve a greater purpose. Pur “vampire builds” won’t perform greatly in the game because life siphons are laughable in their state. Wells have a trait that support them with some siphons but in the end that’s not that great while minions increase substantially your survivability via siphons if you chose the blood magic traitline.

Overall, to make siphons usefull in the game you need to stack a great number of damage source at the same time. Still, it won’t make a siphon build “great” in any way.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

The build I am using currently might be the sort of thing you are looking for OP, but only for PvE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnk0AN1gd2AebCs3gFqBbalVBmAxfwT4KUKAMASZA-TxBEABCqEsPdByt/AAPBg4uEAap8DT1fAA-e

Blood Magic gives you Vampire (adding lifedrain to every attack you and your minions make) and Vampiric Presence (adding lifedrain to every attack you and your allies make). The rest of the build uses Death Magic, Reaper, Greatsword/Staff and Minions to trigger these two traits as often as possible, and the overall effect is to create a necromancer who can endure a lot of punishment whilst carrying the group and without neglecting DPS.

I have avoided using the Scavenger runes or Blood sigils as they work differently from the necro’s own lifedrain abilities and are hampered by internal cooldowns – instead I’ve been using Mad King runes for the extra bleed damage and the rather cool effect provided by the 6th rune: whenever you use an elite skill (including the charge attack from a flesh golem) it summons 3 flocks of birds that each hit a target 16 times. Each one of those hits triggers both Vampiric Presence and Vampire for 3*16*2=96 lifedrain procs in total, or roughly 3.8k hit points recovered.

help with blood necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

ty for the help guys. i’ve got 20 characters 3 necros this blood one was in the “dead” pile.
other two are axe power dmg and scepter/focus cnd minion bomber. was hoping to drag him out of the dead pile but guess thats not happening. i would be willing to camp staff but that doesn’t look viable either.