how are necromancers at this point?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flatlined.6597

flatlined.6597

So I mained a necro in guild wars 1 and I remember playing one in this game and being like man they really suck expecially minons, buuuuut I heard this is different.

how are we now? are minions useful now that they increased the a.I in say pvp (I noticed that the new specialization class get’s a ability called Rise! and it looks kind amazing)

do we have a decent amount of build choice and does each weapon bring something useful to the table?

how are we in pvp/wvw now?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Minions are actually really nice in pvp now. Unfortunately, not all weapons and traits are useful. Scepter is really bad at what it does, and axe is easily the least useful weapon in the game.

Though, for the most part, we’re in a pretty good spot pvp/wvw wise, but still terrible in pve.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Minions are actually really nice in pvp now. Unfortunately, not all weapons and traits are useful. Scepter is really bad at what it does, and axe is easily the least useful weapon in the game.

Though, for the most part, we’re in a pretty good spot pvp/wvw wise, but still terrible in pve.

To add to this, we are expecting scepter and axe buffs. And reaper is very promising so long as they don’t hit our sustain with the nerf cannon. We still lack team utility though, other than wells and blood magic.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flatlined.6597

flatlined.6597

To add to this, we are expecting scepter and axe buffs. And reaper is very promising so long as they don’t hit our sustain with the nerf cannon. We still lack team utility though, other than wells and blood magic.

oh they are buffing necro’s again because I noticed on metabattle no builds with scepter or axe lol

are these buffs coming with the expansion?

seriously because my class choice is down to this or guardian.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

oh they are buffing necro’s again because I noticed on metabattle no builds with scepter or axe lol

are these buffs coming with the expansion?

seriously because my class choice is down to this or guardian.

Ideally, they’ll be in the next balance patch, probably with the expansion, but possibly before. We don’t really know how they’re being buffed or when it’ll happen, but the guy who designed the Reaper is in charge of it, so it’ll be good, I’m sure.