how is this professions: Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: sdt.1697

sdt.1697

Ok after some time i think i got it down to three professions i think of playing the Guardian, the Necromancer, and the Engineer.I do have some minor thing i’m concerns about the class and i’m going to go ask each the other two seeing as there play the other two. The Necromancer: has good dps skills and life steals but i’m still get use to dodging, I know to dodge when there a circle under you and if there getting ready for a attacker but is seam that you need to dodge every time there attacker like thoes that shoot at you in my view so far. So guys what is it like playing this class and is it hard to play. Think you for you time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

The only thing that’s kinda annoying is that we have 0 acces to 1 block/invuln/evade, but that doesn’t make me stop playing it :p

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

When I started playing GW2, I create a Necro without doubting it.

Now, almost 2 years later… I would do it again. Still is my fav char.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

It’s one of those classes that, on paper, has some flaws. The main two things, in my opinion:

1) Limited access to Stability/stunbreakers; rely on your teammates for that.
2) Limited group utility; what little we provide is matched or surpassed by other classes.

However, actually playing the class has turned out to be fun, and Necros are good in WvW and sPvP because of, mainly, conditions and their survivability; even as a Light Armor class, they have as much base health as a Warrior and have Death Shroud as a secondary health bar, in essence. I’d definitely recommend trying the Necro, and if you like how it feels, keep at it.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Necromancer

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

only kitten guys play as necro, we have to be good to survive on battle. I luv my necro

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Just play a Necro and see if you like it.

As for the big, major issues:
The biggest issue with Necromancer is we’re still just missing one or two key things. A weapon here, a unique utility there, a trait rework sprinkled on top, and suddenly we’d become by far the most balanced profession in the game, with crazy diversity and at least niche in every mode with multiple builds. As it is now though, we lack those things and hurt a bit because of it.

But generally just play what you enjoy and not what is good.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i can tell you that my incredibly random personality helps me enjoy this class. in wvw i’m an absolute madman, helping or hindering my own allies lol. i can tell you, you have to be very committed to the class to be good at it, much more so than almost all of the other ones.
yes we’re missing some essential ingredients to a successful class(damage avoidance, control avoidance, melee cleave, 1200 ranged power) but we have a lot of other things. like ‘sniping.’ death shroud dps is insane at sub-600, and still good at 900+(sniping!) nobody really expects a necro to nuke 6 players by him/herself, yet i’ve done it and come out smelling like a rose.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

What do you want in a class? Knowing the types of things you appreciate might help.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Fun challenge of a Class that wanna make u tear your hair out and scream in frustration but somehow I always come back to it. Once a Nec always a Nec I´d say.

ps: Just dont choose it cause of Life Steal/Life Siphon then u be dissapointed m8

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Played lots of classes and got them up to 80. Learned how to play them well. killed alot of people and did lots of awesome

Still find myself coming back to this kitten class. Its like an overstated R Kelly song.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Domzz.1260

Domzz.1260

Ok after some time i think i got it down to three professions i think of playing the Guardian, the Necromancer, and the Engineer.I do have some minor thing i’m concerns about the class and i’m going to go ask each the other two seeing as there play the other two. The Necromancer: has good dps skills and life steals but i’m still get use to dodging, I know to dodge when there a circle under you and if there getting ready for a attacker but is seam that you need to dodge every time there attacker like thoes that shoot at you in my view so far. So guys what is it like playing this class and is it hard to play. Think you for you time.

It’s not hard it’s pretty awesome. You just have to be a control freak — .

What sucks is when you have to switch to survival mode, you deal almost no damage, but I guess it’s the same w most other classes.