[idea] Vital Persistence

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

What if the vital persistence 50% reduced life force degeneration was made default and the trait was reinvented to something else like maybe being able to heal through death shroud? We all know (or at least should) that we lack sustain and most of the time have a hard time regenerating life force appart from a certain few builds.

Just an idea – tell me what you think!?

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

It has become somewhat of necessary trait , I just would directly replace it with another healing trait. Just free up a piercing lifeblast to not hit AI clutter or spectrals CD.

I dont see a problem with it, id just rather fix/combine one of our other 3-4x failed healing mechanincs, instead of adding a new one.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Healing through shroud should be possible in general and not be bound to any trait.

@Vital Persistence: I’m not sure a standard 2% lf degeneration would solve any of our sustain problems, considering we’re most vulnerable to bursts and being focused.

Another idea: I’d combine it with Death Shiver and move it up to master tier instead of Mark of Revival.

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Like flow said, how about instead of these changes, we make healing in death shroud baseline instead.

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Honestly. VP sucks. It does not reduce any damage you take. It simply slows the NATURAL degen. If you are 900 units away taking no damage/aggro and pumping out Lifeblasts in a powerbuild than its nice. But I do not see how it is necessary or good.. at all. Healing IMO should not be bound to a trait it should be default. It importantly allows ALL necro builds to have SOME sustain.

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Honestly. VP sucks. It does not reduce any damage you take. It simply slows the NATURAL degen. If you are 900 units away taking no damage/aggro and pumping out Lifeblasts in a powerbuild than its nice. But I do not see how it is necessary or good.. at all. Healing IMO should not be bound to a trait it should be default. It importantly allows ALL necro builds to have SOME sustain.

I don’t know about that… it actually represents a lot of extra survival. If you think about spending 10 seconds in DS doing different things, it really does add up. That 10 seconds is 20% of your LF saved by VP. If you have 25k HP, that is 5000 HP you saved, which is more or less an extra heal.

I still prefer 15% shorter cooldowns

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Yea rennoko if you do not get bursted out of DS in 10 seconds. Honestly it’s not competitive. Spectral Mastery/Path of Midnight are better. The trait got DOUBLED in efficiency and it’s still lackluster. The best time to use it is in PvE when you can control not getting bursted out of DS in 10 seconds. Otherwise I do not understand the purpose of the trait. DS for the most part is meant to soak damage. But this trait does nothing to help that. It helps when you are NOT taking damage. The LB trait is even better than this one. ::shrugs::

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yea rennoko if you do not get bursted out of DS in 10 seconds. Honestly it’s not competitive. Spectral Mastery/Path of Midnight are better. The trait got DOUBLED in efficiency and it’s still lackluster. The best time to use it is in PvE when you can control not getting bursted out of DS in 10 seconds. Otherwise I do not understand the purpose of the trait. DS for the most part is meant to soak damage. But this trait does nothing to help that. It helps when you are NOT taking damage. The LB trait is even better than this one. ::shrugs::

It helps any time you are in DS for the reasons Rennoko outlined. Unless you stay in DS for very short periods, it’s a really useful trait and I really notice the impact it has.

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Ppl can say its lackluster but the fact is its the First thing I take in ANY Power Build. If u really heavy on LB specially with the new Might Stacking builds with Str-runes you wanna be able to keep the pressure up as long as possible and vp just do that. Tho I stay clear of Condi builds nowdays I always tend to use vp there aswell.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not really a big fan of the trait as it competes with too many good ones. I sorta want it to replace gluttony; is that a valid compromise? You’d have to invest a trait point to get it.

Although, I guess it’s good with a life blast/death perception/reaper might/strength rune build.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

it is VERY very good. every power uses it. imagine, even if you just live with 10% more LF, and get 1-2x 3k lifeblasts off, thats 6k damage done while in a invul state.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I don’t know about that… it actually represents a lot of extra survival. If you think about spending 10 seconds in DS doing different things, it really does add up. That 10 seconds is 20% of your LF saved by VP. If you have 25k HP, that is 5000 HP you saved, which is more or less an extra heal.

I thought it was all in my head I tried it in my new condi setup and I could notice right away a difference and I feel tankier. I always ran 4 in DM for greater marks and I don’t think me going 6 DM made that much of a difference maybe it’s the bigger Pool but it’s only 3k more then what I had before.

It’s a really awesome trait I was trying to decide between CD and VP and after using VP for a few minutes VP won hands down for me.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I use Vital persistence. Its good since the buff. Before it was 25% and that was trash. Now its 50%. You just have to get used to the lack of lowered CD’s in DS. But its very good. The more LF you save, the more you gain and keep.

I wish it was more saved.

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think its too much of a base buff. VP is a strong trait, that doubles your passive time in DS. It might not be super strong for every build but that is fine.

I’m really not a fan of flat buffs to professions that have no tradeoffs, unless they are fixing inherit problems with the profession (and I don’t think this does).

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

VP should be baseline.I never really got why we loose lf while walking in ds.
Or even better we should not have DS degenerate when idle in it.We can have Life Blast cost some lifeforce to avoid perma lb spam, since the other abilities have CDs.

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Or even better we should not have DS degenerate when idle in it.We can have Life Blast cost some lifeforce to avoid perma lb spam, since the other abilities have CDs.

Originally it was a downed state replacement.

As it is now I think its fine. DS is very strong as a baseline ability, I sure notice it a lot more than most other F1-4 profession mechanics. It just needs better traiting options, like AoE blind on entry.

My PvP Minion Build

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Originally it was a downed state replacement.

As it is now I think its fine. DS is very strong as a baseline ability, I sure notice it a lot more than most other F1-4 profession mechanics. It just needs better traiting options, like AoE blind on entry.

I thought about this the other day Dark Cloud or something similar, I don’t know how they would see aoe blind on entry combined with enfeeble and if that would be to strong.

It could compete with enfeeble if you place it in adept curses. If you place it in another line then you can get enfeeble and a blind on entry trait.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I thought about this the other day Dark Cloud or something similar, I don’t know how they would see aoe blind on entry combined with enfeeble and if that would be to strong.

It could compete with enfeeble if you place it in adept curses. If you place it in another line then you can get enfeeble and a blind on entry trait.

Master Death Magic trait, have a short dark pulse out from your Necromancer (like a black fart, except it affects your eyes not nose). That would force you to put in 4 traits into a fully non-offensive tree, which I think is reasonable.

My PvP Minion Build

[idea] Vital Persistence

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

While other classes already have “extra survivability”……….and that extra 5000 (if it hasn’t been pulled from the air) is so assured when you can’t heal in death shroud.

Oh wait you can heal in death shroud….oh dam you need a trait that provides only regen healing while in ds. Oh wait it’s a grand master that requires you to spend 6 points into death magic. Virtually limiting what builds can be created that are maybe viable that need a good amount of healing power otherwise the healing output is crap.

These all don’t look wonderfully great I might add. Throw in the fact that underwater life blast actually is faster than on land, only with small sacrifice to damage. That makes up for it with a condi transfer mechanic. Not to mention it’s totally useless to even think about that if you just pvp, since the only map that it would have been useful on was Capricorn, that has already been removed.

Ok….this seriously doesn’t look good.

(edited by The Primary.6371)