is mm holding necro back?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ozzy Toxin.3074

Ozzy Toxin.3074

like the title says, is minion master holding back the necro? is this one build that can do ok in a 1v1 against inexperienced players with hardly any effort (its all the passive damage from the ai and you know it) the reason we get nothing?

every time I think of something that would help necro actually matter I think oh… but then people would cry more if it was used on a mm -.-’

I for one would love to see this build destroyed and the minions gone for things like wells that pulsate from the necro instead of being stagnant causing them to be pointless against ranged or smart people….

blocks or way faster cast times…………………………. a decent heal that doesn’t shout out to the world here get me im healing here I will give you some time to stop me!!!

not to mention stability! or lower cooldowns on things like blinds.

vent over/ (i really need to start playing my other classes more and forget necro)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

There are a few reasons I don’t think this is true.

1. Minions are a very expensive build. You need Flesh Golem and you need all utilities filled with minions. The only ability you have wiggle room on is your healing skill, and that’s usually because Consume Conditions is so dag nasty good. Additionally, you don’t have much room to grab traits- The most points you can get ‘free’ from an MM build is 2, and that’s with 00660, which I don’t think is the most popular of builds. The worst that can happen in standard 40640 is the free Spite Adept Major and Blood Adept Major, and there’s only so much you can do with those. Anything above Adept is out of reach for MM, so it’s not a factor.

2. There are very prevalent meta builds available which completely neuter an MM necro’s strengths. Throw an intelligent hambow (and it doesn’t take a genius to operate hambow) against a similarly skilled MM, and the hambow will probably come out on top. Hambow’s just one example; pick your own.

3. MM is just as much of a ping pong ball as any other necro. We’re still going to have those key weaknesses- even if new utilities or traits are introduced which attempt to cover those weaknesses, MM can’t afford them because of 1.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

First off, MMs “problems” about them being too easy could be fixed very easily. I keep wanting to make a post about how to do it but get lazy. Basically remove all the offensive passive buffs they get (Training of the Master and Necromatic Corruption) and move them to their active skills, and boom MM takes relatively similar skill to other builds.

And no, MM is basically in its own little bubble for reasons that were pointed out above. To get the full MM build everyone knows requires a full investment of every trait, with the only exception being 0/0/6/6/0, which still only gets an adept trait (big whoop). 4/0/6/4/0 doesn’t even get “free” adept traits, you have very specific options you would take, Transfusion/MoE are always better than what people always cite (“omg but wut if necro took bloodthirst with better siphons they’d be OP zomg!”… no), and Spite has the focus trait/SS.

The MM builds even go further, because you have to run specific sigils/runes/amulets (depending on exactly what niche you’re focusing into), so they don’t even get wiggle room there, because MM has to be tanky and it has to have certain things or it just doesn’t work.

Generally speaking, unless you buff Necromancer base (like making DS stronger), MMs won’t be affected. And if MM somehow gets buffed, they’ll just nerf it (they really love nerfing MM). So why remove an entire build, especially one of the the few builds we have that are actually viable and has a ton of interesting build variety, just because of something that will never actually happen.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Nothing brings me more joy than getting an uninterrupted transfusion off.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

honestly, one of the things holding all the classes back, is warrior’s insane access to so many weapons. it makes it so much harder to balance the other classes.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

As a MM, I dont have condition removal…..or stability

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

As an MM if you wanted to trait for stability and condi removal you are perfectly capable of doing so. However you don’t need stability, but I always use fetid consumption on my MM and staff 4.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You should have plenty of condition removal if you want it. Consume conditions (blood fiend isn’t worth taking until they increase its base AA heal + give it scaling), dagger OH or staff 4, runes and/or sigils, fetid consumption, you can basically make yourself immune to conditions if you want. I only run CC and some removal on runes and its more than good enough for me.

Stability isn’t too necessary if you know how to use the minions well. Your CC gives you some pseudo stability.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

You should leave MM in PVE, bring a decent build for pvp. No wonder why people laughing as us whit build like this.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You should leave MM in PVE, bring a decent build for pvp. No wonder why people laughing as us whit build like this.

LOL, that’s funny. Wait… Please tell me that was a joke. Right?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Furious.2867

Furious.2867

SMH

Turret Engie, 13 Nades Engie, MM Necro Hambow, P/P Thief, PU Mesmer
Condi & DPS Ranger, Spirit Guard

in Necromancer

kishter.9578

LOL, that’s funny. Wait… Please tell me that was a joke. Right?

No, only rookies play AI build. L2P you class and dont rely on AI to make you dirty job. Im no joking not even trolling, IM mean it.

Necros have a lot of decent builds to represent us as real class, if you want to run as MM stay in PVE where is no shame in what you use.

MM is good im no deny, but is cheap for PVP purpose. At least you fall to deep in proud or need rank so badly, but you will never learn to use you class on full power.

Peace.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The whole point of “is this a joke” was you saying to keep MM out of the build’s best game mode, and keep it in a gamemode it is massively subpar for.

Also I guarantee you will be kicked out of a lot of groups if you run full MM. Hell even I’d kick you if you aren’t really on top of things because of how quickly minions screw things up.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

kishter.9578

The whole point of “is this a joke” was you saying to keep MM out of the build’s best game mode, and keep it in a gamemode it is massively subpar for.

Also I guarantee you will be kicked out of a lot of groups if you run full MM. Hell even I’d kick you if you aren’t really on top of things because of how quickly minions screw things up.

No NO, im no in anyway mean to say MM is a bad build, My whole point is i, In my self opinion think this build is a cheap way to PVP, Where Necros have a lot of viable builds to deal whit enemies. but is just my humble opinion.

I think the same about turrets engineer and PU mesmer. I myself used to run PU untill i prove the nasty taste of death power necromancer.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

If we are using this logic, warriors shouldn’t be allowed to use hammer, no more medi gaurds, no more spirit rangers, no more turret engis, no more mesmer clones, no more fresh air eles, no more backstabbing theives.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

MM cant be put any further. The build cant win against any decent player out there while it’s also totally screw in team fight.

I actually see the Power necro as much as MM though who are there for pressing 1# DS or lich ….. these types of play wont work against decent players

Terror necro is probably the best choice out there but it requires a lot of skill to survive and keep on par with other class.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I’ve been playing mm cleric build on mid with a turret engi good luck taking it, your going to need the whole team to do it.