is rune of krait still go condi necro rune?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Was wondering since heard about all sorts of runes and got 3 more pieces so its about time i start getting runes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think it will be in PoF. #MarketManipulator

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Does anyone know if i equip lets say 6 pieces that all 6 pieces will give duration bonus or the bonuses are a set bonus of having a full set with runes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Does anyone know if i equip lets say 6 pieces that all 6 pieces will give duration bonus or the bonuses are a set bonus of having a full set with runes?

A set of 6 superior krait runes will grant: +175 condition damage, +45 bleed duration, use of elite causes 1 stack of bleed, torment, poison to nearby foes (45s cd) and a 25% chance to cause 1 stack of bleed to foes that hit you (15s cd).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

For every equal rune you have you gain benefits as listed n the rune itself:
you only have 1 Xrandomnamerune, you gain (1) Xrandomeffect
you have 6 Xrandomnamerune, you gain (1)/(2)/(3)/(4)/(5)/(6) Xrandomeffects

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

it wont. scourge will use 4 nigthmare 2 trapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sun Lian.4075

Sun Lian.4075

it wont. scourge will use 4 nigthmare 2 trapper

Doubt that, probably either rune of Balthazar or rune of Tormenting.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

“probably either”? i just told you what it will use. 100% viper gear with nightmare+trapper, malice and geomancy. that way you get 100% on burn, torment, poison, 120% bleed due to trait overcap.
this ofc accounts for the scourge expertise traits.

i will gear scourge like this during tomorrow’s stress test to make sure its 100% viper. its possible maybe there will be 1 armor piece sinister, im not sure of that

in Necromancer

Sun Lian.4075

“probably either”? i just told you what it will use. 100% viper gear with nightmare+trapper, malice and geomancy. that way you get 100% on burn, torment, poison, 120% bleed due to trait overcap.

i will gear scourge like this during tomorrow’s stress test to make sure its 100% viper. its possible maybe there will be 1 armor piece sinister, im not sure of that

I said probably because they might still change a few things, you telling what it will use is great but you don’t know that.

And it’s very unlikely you will cap all of those conditions you listed all together. the scourge trait only adds 15% expertise max the way it is now. Plus it won’t be a good idea anyway, the main conditions are burning and torment.

(edited by Sun Lian.4075)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

I said probably because they might still change a few things, you telling what it will use is great but you don’t know that.

And it’s very unlikely you will cap all of those conditions you listed all together. the scourge trait only adds 15% expertise max.

15% (225 expertise) from 3 shades + (7% of your condi dmg as expertise) from Fell Beacon.

Edit :

Plus it won’t be a good idea anyway, the main conditions are burning and torment.

Depends of what you play. If you invest in corruption, there is bleed and poison. Plus the non-damaging condi.

(edited by Kaladel.1670)

in Necromancer

Sun Lian.4075

And it’s very unlikely you will cap all of those conditions you listed all together. the scourge trait only adds 15% expertise max.

15% (225 expertise) from 3 shades + (7% of your condi dmg as expertise) from Fell Beacon.

Edit :

Plus it won’t be a good idea anyway, the main conditions are burning and torment.

Depends of what you play. If you invest in corruption, there is bleed and poison. Plus the non-damaging condi.

It appears I forgot about that trait, then it can be possible to max durations for all condis.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Nightmare is better, but takes time to collect. Krait is a good stand in until you get the Nightmare runes.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

you get about 8% from conversion, 10% from upkeeping 2 shades active (i dont know if you can upkeep 3 shades with perma alacrity, this would surely swap few viper pieces to sinister

ps. you do a lot of poison with CPC and scepter auto. since chill isn’t gonna be a thing that means minions are saying bye bye. suffer is saying bye bye. the next dps skill in line is CPC. the third skill will be epidemic or the sand trail thingy that makes burning.

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I wouldn’t count minions out yet. Shadow Fiend is our highest DPS life force generation utility and bone fiend still combos well with fire fields.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

yes shadow fiend might be a thing in encounters without adds dying

bone fiend, not really.

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

It’s a shame they don’t just make one of the punishment skills a straight up dps utility.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

imo they should make the devourer minion apply bleeding with the projectiles.

and fix the rigor mortis already because its extremely buggy, often times it just makes the minion confused and not do anything

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

imo they should make the devourer minion apply bleeding with the projectiles.

and fix the rigor mortis already because its extremely buggy, often times it just makes the minion confused and not do anything

Or the bone minions. They seem to be the ginger step children of the minions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Viper’s Nightmare/Trapper is not 100% guaranteed to be the best equipment set. It will work well, sure, but may not be meta after the 22nd. There are other options in contention and pure dps may not even be scourge’s raid meta. Everything depends upon Arenanet’s fine tuning of Scourge and new stat/rune options.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Everything depends upon Arenanet’s fine tuning of Scourge and new stat/rune options.

Judging by the starting position of a 75s cooldown on the Scourge Rune, I think we can write it off for good, frankly. Even if they halved that, it’d be crap.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Yes, the 6th attribute is ridiculously weak even if its cool down was 1 second. It is weaker that a 1 sec blind because barriers decay so rapidly and mitigate a fixed amount of damage.

That rune is garbage regardless of the ICD. Like so many other runes, it is likely meant for other professions that want a hint of Scourge.

How many other Necro-themed runes are actually best for Necromancer?

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Yes, the 6th attribute is ridiculously weak even if its cool down was 1 second. It is weaker that a 1 sec blind because barriers decay so rapidly and mitigate a fixed amount of damage.

That rune is garbage regardless of the ICD. Like so many other runes, it is likely meant for other professions that want a hint of Scourge.

How many other Necro-themed runes are actually best for Necromancer?

Reaper runes for current wvw condi meta. But I get where you’re coming from.

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I use Rune of the Reaper for WvW, too. The AoE soft CC has a use, there.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Viper’s Nightmare/Trapper is not 100% guaranteed to be the best equipment set. It will work well, sure, but may not be meta after the 22nd. There are other options in contention and pure dps may not even be scourge’s raid meta.

i encourage you to show me different gear combo that will 100% cap the duration on burn, torment, bleed and poison while bringing the highest dps.

and no, scourge wont be anything else than pure dps class in raids. that one is beyond dispute

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

It will be likely Nightmare/Trapper if no new performing runes will be added.

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Alright i’m not sure if i’m supposed to be necroing a topic but:How does trapper work with necro? can i use like a well and get it to work or something like staff abilities on necro?

also:its a very tough one.10% duration increase for all condies and blinds all enemies when use elite skill vs 20% duration increase on just bleeds and a aoe every 45 sec condi spread vs trapper rune which is this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trapper

I feel like trapper might be more useful in WVW.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You don’t use all 6 Trapper runes, just the first two. The 4 and 6 piece bonuses are worthless for Necros.

When people say “Nightmare/Trapper” they mean 4 Nightmare Runes and 2 Trapper runes so you net +30% Condition duration.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Kaladel.1670

You don’t use all 6 Trapper runes, just the first two. The 4 and 6 piece bonuses are worthless for Necros.

When people say “Nightmare/Trapper” they mean 4 Nightmare Runes and 2 Trapper runes so you net +30% Condition duration.

Isn’t it only 25% (10% from Trapper, 15% from Nightmare) or am I missing something here ?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Isn’t it only 25% (10% from Trapper, 15% from Nightmare) or am I missing something here ?

You’re missing the fact that all benefits are cumulative. The 4 piece bonus from Nightmare does not overwrite the 2 piece bonus. It stacks with it.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

update: my bank didn’t refresh so i cannot test this

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You’re missing the fact that all benefits are cumulative. The 4 piece bonus from Nightmare does not overwrite the 2 piece bonus. It stacks with it.

The 2-piece bonus for Nightmare is 5%, the 4-piece bonus for Nightmare is 10%, and the 2-piece bonus for Trapper is 10%. That adds up to 25%, not 30%.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Could have sworn Nightmare gave 20% general condition duration.

Still, 25% is nothing to sneeze at.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Krait won’t be the best.

I was thinking about Torment or Balthazar Runes, but Scourge will have 3 main Conditions that it wants to get close to capping.

The only real best answer is 4 Nightmare, and 2 Trapper at the moment like people are saying, adding those Runes with Sigils of Malice will be 35% Condition Duration for all Conditions.

I see this being a must, unless we get a Rune with Condition Damage and Expertise, even then, the flat out Duration on Nightmare and Trapper Runes will be prefered. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nightmare and Trapper Runes get nerfed eventually, and all Condition Damage Runes get Expertise eventually.

We will have to wait and see.

(edited by Kam.4092)

in Necromancer

Kaladel.1670

Could have sworn Nightmare gave 20% general condition duration.

That’s why you need to check your facts before considering others to be so clueless they don’t understand how runes work. (after all this time playing GW2, I’d be ashamed to not know that, seriously)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I apologize. There are new players joining the forums due to Path of Fire, and I admit I didn’t recognize your name.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Meh, sounds useful for PVE boss fights, but outside of that its a waste.

You ceirtainly don’t need anywhere even near 100% duration in WVW on anything other then your main DPS condi due to insane cleansing. Even on the DPS one, its only useful if not doing group stuff.

In PvE dinky and small mobs die faster then you get full stacks of everything on them anyways, again, full duration = waste.

In SPVP, I don’t know since I abandoned it after it got boring when A-Net made everything DPS only.

So whats the point of 4x nightmare + 2 trapper ? I’d rather take something that gives either extra stacks or even extra condi, or even stacks some power on top of condi. yea it will do less on things like raid bosses and golems and on paper, but its practical application throughout vast majority of the game far outweighs that.

Incidentally, just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the 7% bonus from Superior Rune of Flame Legion applies to power portion of DPS only or does it also apply to condi damage dealt ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in Necromancer

Vitali.5039

Meh, sounds useful for PVE boss fights, but outside of that its a waste.

You ceirtainly don’t need anywhere even near 100% duration in WVW on anything other then your main DPS condi due to insane cleansing. Even on the DPS one, its only useful if not doing group stuff.

In PvE dinky and small mobs die faster then you get full stacks of everything on them anyways, again, full duration = waste.

In SPVP, I don’t know since I abandoned it after it got boring when A-Net made everything DPS only.

So whats the point of 4x nightmare + 2 trapper ? I’d rather take something that gives either extra stacks or even extra condi, or even stacks some power on top of condi. yea it will do less on things like raid bosses and golems and on paper, but its practical application throughout vast majority of the game far outweighs that.

The thing is that when mobs die before the condition expire any build could work against them, while vs the ones that don’t die as fast a high condition duration is good.
Without food and nourishment we don’t have capped condition duration, so we can achieve 100% duration only when needed.

In Open World a power reaper can destroy mobs (that could die before the last condition tick) faster than a condi one but will do poor damage vs champions compared to a condi reper. And long condition duration also help to transfer high condition stack trough Epidemic, so high condition duration isn’t wasted.

While FOTM and raids are always the same Open World is pretty situational.
But WvW and PvP are different beasts.

in Necromancer

Kaladel.1670

Can’t blame you, I wasn’t participating much until recently. But I read this forum since the time of the first terrormancer build.