let's hope we get good changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

As a necromancer, we probably receive the most harassment from thieves and mesmers, and arguably rangers.

But the thief and mesmer changes look so strong, we better pray we are getting a strong offense or defence if we are ever going to survive this new meta…

At least people can cry “SECOND HEALTHBAR” to another class now lol (mes)

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

We’ve already seen the proposed trait changes and the general consensus is nothing’s changing. The elite specialization has so many gaps and holes to fill AND it needs to compete with the elites of other classes too? Good luck.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Nercos do not fit the zerker meta well at all. But if you are not playing speed-grind dungeons they work pretty well.

sPvP is pretty good to for necros. At least my guild never complains when I bring one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

We will gain a new minion, the flesh cannon! A minion consisting of a cannon shaped head, little tiny legs, and big strong arms able to carry even a norn effortlessly, all with a texture similar to the flesh wurm or flesh golem.
On it’s own, the flesh cannon shoots spooky looking rocks that explode, damaging foes and granting might to nearby allies.
When activated, the flesh cannon grabs the necromancer that summoned it, loads her/him into it’s cannon-like mouth and launches it across the entire map, evading all attacks and reflecting all projectiles along the way.
For good measure, you also gain stability and vigor upon landing.
There! I just fixed everything wrong with the necromancer with one skill while still keeping the necro theme alive!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

We just need some (read LOTS) Resistance and I’ll be happy.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

quoted from the mesmer forums -
“Gravity Well (Elite)
1 second cast time
120 sec cd

Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, pulling enemies to the center and granting stability to allies. When it expires, the well floats enemies caught in it.
Pulse damage: 272
Final Damage: 908
2 Stacks of Stab for 10 seconds
Pull: 50/Float 2 seconds
Number of targets: 5
Pulses: 3
Duration: 3 seconds
Radius: 240
Combo Field: Dark
Range: 900

Well of Action
3/4 Second cast time
30 second CD

Create a well of delayed time, damaging and slowing foes. When the well expires, time snaps back, granting quickness to allies.

Pulse damage: 296
Slow: 1 Second
Quickness: 3 Seconds
Number of Targets: 5
Pulse: 3
Duration: 3 Seconds
Combo Field: Ethereal

Well of Recall
1 Second Cast Time
45 Second CD

Create a wall of memory which speeds allied recharge. When it expires, it steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them.

Final damage: 581
Alacrity: 1 second
Chill: 5 seconds
Pulse: 3
Combo Field: Ethereal

Well of Eternity
3/4 second cast time
20 second CD

Create a well that rewinds time, granting vigor to allies. When it expires, the well heals all allies in the area.

Initial self-heal: 2604
Ending heal: 3924
Vigor: 2 seconds
Pulses: 3
Combo Field: Light
Range: 900"

Not sure about you guys, but while this makes me glad for our fellow mesmers, it also makes me want to delete my necromancer

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Well of eternity looks good for Necromancers. It gives us time to come out of DS for the heal. No other profession has to worry about that like Necro does.

in Necromancer

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Hope sure, but don’t get your hopes up too much… This way if it’s sub-par compared to other class elite specs (my pessimistic side says most probably) that the blow will be less soul-crushing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Those were mesmer wells btw, not necro wells

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Necromancer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Well of eternity looks good for Necromancers. It gives us time to come out of DS for the heal. No other profession has to worry about that like Necro does.

It’s a mesmer skill, not a necro one.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

I’m guessing he’s aware of that.

Well of Eternity being delayed and having a visual cue will give us time to drop DS and get the heal, while most other allied heals are instant or not bursty.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

As a necromancer, we probably receive the most harassment from thieves and mesmers, and arguably rangers.

As conditionmancer I’ve never had troubles with thieves. If you see a thief stealth place all your marks under your feet and wait. When they try to back stab you they get a condi bomb that cc, damages and trows them out of stealth.

Usually thieves are so over confident of their stealth that any AoE trap trows them off. The necromancer has wells and marks. On the engineer I’ve used successfully box of nails.

Probably you still won’t kill them (depends on how skilled they are), but it’s easy to scare them away. If you can place on them some long duration condition, you can follow the trail of damage pop-ups to where they are hiding and finish the job. Thieves have poor condi removal.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It’s a mesmer skill, not a necro one.

Yes, I knew that. You can watch the Mes put down the well and plan to be there and out of DS before the well expires. How many other heals do you have a chance to jump into after they start, besides a regen?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odjira.9274

Odjira.9274

Don’t count on getting good changes. If necro comes near meta, people will cry in profession forums of classes anet care about and we’ll be nerfed to oblivion, just like every other time we’ve ever been buffed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Yeah i wouldnt get my hopes up. We most likely end up with some boring shouts and some new F2-F5 skills to consume Lifeforce without deathshroud. This is most likely due to the countless noob necros crying for “we need better team support!!!!11”

Our shouts will focus on debuffing the enemy, the F2- F5 mechanics will most likely be orders, or something similar that puts a necromancer exclusive effect on foes.

Anyways, all of this will be rather obsolete, Mesmer for example is already grad at supporting allies, this gets improved by the specialization even if its not aimed for it.

Their wells are better, “the wells come with a high cooldown”, yeah right, their damage well has almost half the CD of the Necromancer damage well. While they give usefull benefits to themself and allies, we get 5 pulses of AOE Blind behind a huge CD. Yay for balance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It cannot get worse so it’s all good.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

It cannot get worse so it’s all good.

I said the same thing before they announced the proposed trait changes – I was wrong.