life blast tpvp

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I am deleting my original post because of ice flame.

That is the best way to improve life blast . its a simple change that’s balanced and would improve power builds greatly.

So read his post,

(edited by Login.5102)

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

It would be a huge improvement if the damage did not get cut in half below 50% LF.

Would also be nice to have it’s cast time lowered or make it instant with a short CD or something so it would be harder to dodge.

The instant cast with a short CD route will open opportunities to apply counter pressure in a power build where even if you use DS defensively you can smack that kitten in the face with one life blast right away for let’s say a 2-3k crit for example. This would also encourage more shroud dancing to jump into DS to get those trait effects as well as set off 1 life blast. Obviously would improve our burst ability.

Some condition applying ability would be nice to have for condi builds, might even be in the form of a trait.

(edited by Iceflame.5024)

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

instant first blast. I’m about to bump this thread till anet makes it happen.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

instant first blast. I’m about to bump this thread till anet makes it happen.

Lol sounds nice, doesn’t it? I actually meant it more like an instant life blast on a let’s say, for example 2-3 second CD. Instant first blast each time you enter DS is cool too though.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Vem.8649

Lord Vem.8649

Interesting idea. I kind of like it. It would make DS pretty bursty. Pop in hit 1,3 then pop back out would become a staple very fast.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

It would be a huge improvement if the damage did not get cut in half below 50% LF.

Agreed.

Would also be nice to have it’s cast time lowered or make it instant with a short CD or something so it would be harder to dodge.

What I had thought for this solution is to make it cast twice as fast (.5seconds) for half the damage. It’s way too slow at 1 second per cast right now, even if it does hit like a truck. This change would keep it as still a powerhouse but without the painful slowness of it. And you could get a few more life blasts in before your LF decays. Adjust Reaper’s Might and Unyielding Blast accordingly without nerfing.

Some condition applying ability would be nice to have for condi builds, might even be in the form of a trait.

It really should have some condition application, DS is mostly power spec right now. 1 Bleed for 5s per hit or something similar without making it too OP.

I am The No.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Lord Vem.8649

It’s way too slow at 1 second per cast right now, even if it does hit like a truck.

A toy truck. It deals maybe 10% more damage than staff auto-attack IF on max life force.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

What I had thought for this solution is to make it cast twice as fast (.5seconds) for half the damage. It’s way too slow at 1 second per cast right now, even if it does hit like a truck. This change would keep it as still a powerhouse but without the painful slowness of it. And you could get a few more life blasts in before your LF decays. Adjust Reaper’s Might and Unyielding Blast accordingly without nerfing.

No, it doesn’t hit for that much. The problem is since it’s that slow and the damage is not that high – the overall dps is lacking as a result and it’s not a good damage option and doesn’t apply any conditions either. It either needs a dps improvement or a utility boost(an option to burst for power builds and condition applying for condi builds as an example). Your version basically keeps the dps at the same level and doesn’t bring significant improvements other then making sure that at least part of the damage will hit your opponent.

It might be a good idea to reduce the cast time and damage but I still feel like the dps should go up by some amount to make life blast a viable dps option. My suggestion would basically give it a burst component.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

It’s way too slow at 1 second per cast right now, even if it does hit like a truck.

A toy truck. It deals maybe 10% more damage than staff auto-attack IF on max life force.

Actually it does more damage than staff auto even after the reduction. I’d gladly test it in mists right now if the servers weren’t on fire. Not exactly sure how much more damage but I’ll check as soon as game is up again. If this is not true then I will eat my own bone minion.

I am The No.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Actually it does more damage than staff auto even after the reduction. I’d gladly test it in mists right now if the servers weren’t on fire. Not exactly sure how much more damage but I’ll check as soon as game is up again. If this is not true then I will eat my own bone minion.

Yeah I am not sure where you got the 10% more damage number, that sounds like a really bad SWAG if you ask me. In practice, in a power build, a staff attack hits around 1800-2000, while lifeblast can hit upwards of 5-6k, depending on the target.

quite a bit more than 10%, and I only run zerker occasionally.

Even after the 50% reduction, it would still be around 2500 the low side crit…. which is more than 2k.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Iceflame.5024

There are probably two options that you want to consider for this one lol. Above and below 50% life force. Above 50% it hits more than staff auto attack for sure and probably less below 50% LF.

life blast tpvp

in Necromancer

Lord Vem.8649

You’re all right. Not sure what I was thinking with 10% lol. My bad. Still does feel like really low dps though.