mesmer transforms you into bird w/ minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

it pretty much destroys me when im using a minion build and a mesmer transforms me into a bird.

i instantly lose all my minions.

i really dont think this should happen.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

It messes will our elite transformations too. Glad not many mesmers use it since their other elites do more for them.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I suggested in an earlier thread that

Minions should be turned into baby moahs that follow you and can still take damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

I hope they fix this sometime soon. Screws you up in the water, when you use Plague (only elite available – also dumb, can’t the Fleshie swim like the rest???), and if you happen to come upon a random chest and the Skritt Thief/Bugler pops out (he uses transforms)… it’s hard to kill that little bugger in time when you loose all our minion damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Ah using plague to mitigate thief`s burst and then dying cause you cant teleport away with flesh wurm. Good times

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Not only that but if you can get your flesh golem to enter the water, it gets stuck. It’ll eventually disappear and trigger you CD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alex.7364

alex.7364

if u haven’t figured it out let me enlighten u mesmers have a counter for almoust all our skills
-instant clones
-massive heal
-huge range dmg about double ours or so
-elite cancel skills

what do we have tou counter all that ?
the folowing:
- …..
- …..
- …..
plz feel free to add more…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

if u haven’t figured it out let me enlighten u mesmers have a counter for almoust all our skills
-instant clones
-massive heal
-elite cancel skills

the folowing:
- …..
- …..
- …..

Conditions melt mesmers apparently. I don’t play coditionmancer so I can’t verify this.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Conditions melt mesmers apparently. I don’t play coditionmancer so I can’t verify this.

They have weak condition removal, but from my experience, shatter mesmer burst trumps our condition damage. The shatter build also utilities frequent invisibility skills making it very difficult to find the real mesmer. Its honestly worse than fighting thieves IMO. The burst combined with the inability to consistently apply our conditions to the correct target makes these fights hard for me. To make matters worse, sword is the most common weapon used with this build so they’re constantly using distortion (immunity to everything for 2 seconds) every 8 seconds. This kind of match up feels very stacked against necromancers.

Confusion mesmers on the other hand get wrecked because of our condition transfers. They need the glamor field utilities to make this build work, so they’re not going to have the constant invisibility that shatter mesmers have. We basically turn their own weapon against them.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: alex.7364

alex.7364

-instant clones
-massive heal
-elite cancel skills

the folowing:
- …..
- …..
- …..

yea tryed it but it isnt all that effective u dont have the same cd as a mesmer does and u are easely outmatched by the ammount they heal(they usualy work against newbies with mm not pro mm)

we have
-a skill that triggers regen and isnt all that considering its hard to land a hit
-one that removes conditions
- one from the speed bonus skill
In total uou use up 3 skill slots to just keep yourself alive against a mesmer while sacrificing your pets or your condition dmg, while they on the other hand have
– single target skills
– aoe skills knockback
-can have 4 clones that are easely replaced with decent hp almoust all the time…
Make the math what are our odds of winning ?

(edited by alex.7364)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I think the minions should all be turned into little baby moas with special skills. That would be awesome.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

when a memser turns you into a moa, face the direction you want to go, press skill 5 and hold on once it wheres off re-engage the mesmer

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

when a memser turns you into a moa, face the direction you want to go, press skill 5 and hold on once it wheres off re-engage the mesmer

Still pretty much annoying, especially in spvp where you can’t run far away, and you have to abbandon your point.

I’m fine with the elite itself, it’s a bit cheap but they have a long casting delay so it’s can be dodged.

But the fact that it removes all your minions and put them on cooldown is an attrocity.

I’m sure it’s only a technical “bugs” that Anet accepted because it was too complicated to resolve.

Just like our transform elite kill our minions, they admitted it was a technical issue and it would stay until they could resolve it.

:(

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

I hear ya, there is a very good reason why i finally leveled up a mesmer and geared it out.

it is just sad how easy it is to play my mesmer

edit which just kitten me off so my mesmer is kinda collectin dust. I leveled him up in march, ran with him in wvw awhile… but most wins in 1v1s didn’t make me feel like “ kitten that was a sweet fight,” all i ever felt was “what a cheap hollow win”

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

ANet addressed this issue by simply stating any transformation destroys all minions and removes all spectral effects (as seen in our elite tooltips) this was there ‘fix’ because it would of meant buffing Necromancers which they don’t do.

Fun Fact: ANet states transformations kills all minions and removes spectral effects. They also referred to not allowing weapon swaps in Deathshroud because they consider this a transformation, yet minions stay alive whilst in Deathshroud but spectral effects are removed.

Silly ANet.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

-instant clones
-massive heal
-elite cancel skills

the folowing:
- …..
- …..
- …..

yea tryed it but it isnt all that effective u dont have the same cd as a mesmer does and u are easely outmatched by the ammount they heal(they usualy work against newbies with mm not pro mm)

we have
-a skill that triggers regen and isnt all that considering its hard to land a hit
-one that removes conditions
- one from the speed bonus skill
In total uou use up 3 skill slots to just keep yourself alive against a mesmer while sacrificing your pets or your condition dmg, while they on the other hand have
– single target skills
– aoe skills knockback
-can have 4 clones that are easely replaced with decent hp almoust all the time…
Make the math what are our odds of winning ?

2 words… Corrupt boon… Not enough? Well of corruption… Still not enough? Plauge signet… 3 skills that transfer boons on enemies into conditions or transfer your conditions to them… Conditions melt most shatter mesmers… And if you corrupt boon us use any bleeds or any poison we are screwed… the only way we can get condi removal is through slot skills none of our heals have it unless we trait for it in a line that a GC Mesmer would most likely not touch… Condition mancers absolutely destroy most shatter mesmers… If it is a bunker mes… Its a little harder time your conditions better….

and 4 clones? wut? yeah no.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer