met this necro dueling called leeto

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Hi,

so i met this guy in pvp dueling, I knew his name, seen his guide.

He was dueling with d/d, staff, running 30 0 0 20 20, using movement speed in blood with duel daggers and dhuumfire, with zerk ammy.

I asked the simple question, why dhuumfire vs close to death, (just to note the burn is 650 dmg … lol)

and got back a response that goes something like “suck fat kitten” which is when i realised that this guy who people probably know for his guide is a complete kitten in game.

further more his defence in reply to me, after i got it out of him ofc, is that his burn protects his chill and immob. just to confirm guys, this burn is 2-3 SECONDS LONG and does kitten poor dmg.

Now let me get your opinions, dhuumfire over close to death?
also, using quickening thirst in a duel? (lol)

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I actually find dhuumfire for duels better than close to death, simple for the reason that my enemies will be above 50% more of the time than below (meaining close to death is useless for that time) thanks to self healing. And without using wells, bursting down someone is impossible as necro (lich is not allowed on most dueul servers). So it is not a 10% damage increase like in pve, where mobs rarely heal themself.

Quickening thirst is ok with d/d, but i think there are better alternatives.

The only problem with leetos build is that i would want to run it with knights amulet, which is sadly not availible in spvp.

But all that a side, i dont go 30 points in spite often for duels, as i find other traits better for dueling as power necro.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

It is very possible to burst someone down without wells. It may not be immediate like thief, but its pretty fast if you can land all of your big hits.
Anyone who thinks dhuumfire is better then close to death on a power build is a very funny person.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: WolfiKurisu.6894

WolfiKurisu.6894

No idea what you’re talking about since I’m pretty new, but what a kitten, lol..I’ve only spoke to 1 person in my month of playing who I’d rather not talk to again. Everyone else has been proper kind =)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Was testing well of corruption cause i now roam wvw with 2x dagger spec and as always people start bugging me about why i run the kitten i run!
This one even says he saw my “guide” on forums and still asks me things that i`ve explained there in multiple walls of text, afterwards he tries to explain me how my “Quickening Thirst” aint good for dueling…
Im casual player and i use only 1 build in whole game so its meant for roaming, tournies and duels. If you want max your stats and traits for some purpose do it! But dont bug me about stuff i play!
At least thanks for reporting my behavior so i get muted in /map /say, after that i couldnt hear those channels and it was very pleasent evening.

Edit: Im very bad and dumb player so please don`t try to teach me what to play, im too stupid to understand anyway.
I ofcourse dont want to offend your “calculations” but my dhuumfire hits for 1640

(edited by Leeto.1570)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

That was the most asked question in his “guide”… power build with Dhuumfire… doesnt even deserve commenting lol

#VoTF4Life

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Dhuumfire can proc right away to help get the opponent dps’d down past the trigger point where other players may have their dps boosts kick in. That’s its advantage in some situations. Otherwise, the effect is very much like Close to Death. Dhuumfire is almost redundant and definitely needs Precision, Condition Damage, and Condition Duration to make it the most effective. Close to Death needs none of that. In PvE, Close to Death is what I prefer. In PvP, burning can cover bleeds and drop health quickly from 100% but condi-removal is pretty common. Still, burning is often short-lived, anyway. Burning can also be spread via Epidemic. This can be very nice when using Epi on a champion to clone conditions on trash mobs. That is the sole reason why I am running it on the Twisted Marionette event.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

@Leeto
Do you intent to keep Dhuumfire after the changes?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

@Leeto
Do you intent to keep Dhuumfire after the changes?

Well its kinda getting buffed in pvp and on demand might be even better than passive.
+much of my build is spamming life blast anyway. I`ll See.
But i assure you that i would rather spent 10 pts in other traitline than to try pvp with “close to death”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think his build after Dhuumfire “nerf” will even get a buff to burning duration. He uses Life Blast anyway.

As for the build – Personally, I’m not a fan of it nor it’s choices but I can see advantages.
Classes which have very good uptime on evades, blocks, blinds are a much bigger problem to Power Necro than Condition.

Dhuumfire will pass these restrictions and always inflict some damage. CtD, when it’s an execution if you run DS build, doesn’t do much if S/D is constantly spamming 3 and dodge, blinding you etc.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

AFAIK the devs mentioned that Dhuumfire would be better off in Master line not too long ago, so we might as well as get the chance to slot both Dhuumfire and Close to Death after the changes. That would deprive us from Chill of Death, however.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

They mentioned also that it can be a Curse GM trait along with Terror. Everything can change.

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

2 new GMs on Curses? If they move the Withering Precision and Lingering Curse in Master, that actually seems good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It is very possible to burst someone down without wells. It may not be immediate like thief, but its pretty fast if you can land all of your big hits.
Anyone who thinks dhuumfire is better then close to death on a power build is a very funny person.

If you can do this in a duel without wells or lich form on a duel server then your opponent has no toughness and made alot of mistakes…

And as i said before close to death is only useful if the opponent is below 50% health and unlike a thief necromancer are rather slow burst wise. So a player that doesnt suck will be over 50% most of the time. So it is really only useful if you are about to finish your opponent off. Dhuumfire in the other hand always works and it also gives your conditions some protection.
So I think it is difficult to determine if close to death or dhuumfire is better for duel. Overall close to death may be better though, because it isnt limited to 1 target (due cd).

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

If some1 has 20k hp, half is 10k. 8.000 + 20% = 9.600
So Colse to Death = +2k dmg

Dhuumfire – ticks 2-3x 330 = +1k dmg every 10s

Leetos with d/d = a more allround , able to 1v1 -here dhuum is better and most important *reliable" dmg , better for top100 pvp where u must play on 3 points with constant but smaller fights 2v2 or 3v3

Classis zerker with 2x wells (scepter/focus) = better for 100-500 matches, better in the 4v4+ midfight, ull be cowered there and you can wipe whole teams. There u need the burst for 50-0 oneshots and its aoe, while burn would be single target and can proc on a stupid pet. 1v1 is hard though, even with full DS bar

Hope this clears it up

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

If you can do this in a duel without wells or lich form on a duel server then your opponent has no toughness and made alot of mistakes…

So a player that doesnt suck will be over 50% most of the time.

Dhuumfire in the other hand always works and it also gives your conditions some protection.

Nah it happens when you are evenly matched.

If you are evenly matched, I have found that most of the time the fight is spent under 50%. With necros cc, smart use of cd’s, and correct skill cycling its not hard to even things out.

I suppose if you are using a hybrid type build where covering conditions is necessary. I hardly find a 3 sec burn that you have no control over will help in this case, but its a build difference.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE