necro for spvp advice

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i’m starting to know necro. not as main, but mostly to know the class. i spvp mostly.
scepter/dagger + staff looked good. s/d as main combat, staff when you can afford to stay above the team fight and aoe the hell out.
what would be good spvp weapon set(s)?

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

You already answered your question..

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

So as a condi necro the best build is 30/20/0/0/20 with staff and scepter/dagger , the build is super efective , vs burst u have ton of weakness , always when u are fighting vs thief,war,mesmer,ele try to stack as much weaknes as u can.Vs condi builds u have a lot of condi remuval/transfer like 4# dagger ,4# mark and heal. As a utilitis u should take corupt boon its a must , 2 other i sugest spectral armor or wurm as a stun braker and 3rd is your choice.

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

gesho.9468

thx ppl. I though scepter/dagger+staff would be good.

i pve’d some to learn spells, ill try it in mists tonight. it seemed a little routinish (i thief and engi for main) but we’ll see.

few things i noticed so far:
in staff 3+4 would b a combo to go for?
in scepter one should hit with #3 only after firing all condis?
anything else to watch for? still figuring skills behind shroud.

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

Posted by: digitalghost.7891

digitalghost.7891

3 is good after you pop corrupt boon too, you obviously want the most amount of conditions on the target that you can get. use staff to fear rezzers

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

Scepter/Dagger + Staff.

30/30/0/0/10

Signet of Spite, Corrupt Boon, Plague Signet.

The reason I recommend this build is because you have complete battlefield control over conditions. With the amount of AoE bleeds and cripples you can dish out, you can sway the tide from losing to winning in just a few seconds.

You see a bunker guardian, healing the enemy team and preventing you from taking the point… “Target” him, start dropping your conditions, and then signet of spite. When he uses his shouts to remove your conditions, Corrupt Boon him along with a Death Shroud -> Spectral Grasp -> Fear -> Torment chain. Remove Death shroud and switch to Staff. #5 on him, #2 on him, #3 on him.

Before you even finish the chain I just mentioned, he will likely be eating dirt.

EDIT:

The reason I go 10 into death shroud is for the 15% cooldown reduction. This means that, with Terror, you have a 15% faster cooldown on your fear “nuke” in death shroud, not to mention more spectral grasp chill and additional torment. Easily a game changer for necro.

(edited by Caine.8204)

necro for spvp advice

in Necromancer

gesho.9468

thx folks, ill try this tonight