necromancer legendary

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Hi all,

I want to get your opinions on which legendary I should aim for on my necro, the trouble i’m having is that it’s either dagger or axe since scepter and staff don’t really fit the necro theme plus I play a power build anyway.

I’m not sure on which to go for, obviously axe is less common than dagger but also worse than dagger for necros, I will wait until the feature patch before i even make anything just in hope that axe might get a cleave (doubtful) but for now i’d like to get your opinions?

thanks

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: SunRoamer.5103

SunRoamer.5103

You might also want to consider waiting until they announce their future plans in regards to Legendaries. They might add new ones in, and different means of acquiring them (I wouldn’t expect this to be in the feature patch, but they might still start talking about it at around that time).

But well, the most fitting weapon skins can mostly be found among the Exotic skins – many of which are actually “rarer” than Legendaries in the sense that people want to show off by getting a Legendary rather than an unique exotic skin.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

Yes, there are some really beautiful Exotic mystic forge skins, for example the Anomaly focus i want for my Ele or the Conjured weapon skins

Humans aren´t real

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

Just give greatsword to necromancer so i can use twilight.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

warhorn legendary is nice on necro

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I went with the warhorn. Seeing as I just dont need the axe anymore.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

How To:
-Create dat childish “legendary” staff
-Get The Crossing staff
-Transmog The Crossing skin over legendary’s skin
-Enjoy Necro true legendary staff with customizable stats

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

How To:
-Create dat childish “legendary” staff
-Get The Crossing staff
-Transmog The Crossing skin over legendary’s skin
-Enjoy Necro true legendary staff with customizable stats

I like this idea.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The necro have access to great Exotic skins, but for the Legendary is a bit harder. The focus Adam, the Scepter Eye of Rodgort or Lidless Eye, and the Staffs Final Rest, Deathwish or The Crossing. They all fit much better the Necromancer than most legendary. Which is a shame. I hope the Necromancer will get a bit of love in the next batch of legendary weapons.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

IMO frostfang fits necro well. They do have some icey spells and triats and frostfang just adds to it + life blast has a little ice affect with frostfang.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

IMO frostfang fits necro well. They do have some icey spells and triats and frostfang just adds to it + life blast has a little ice affect with frostfang.

Frostfang has very very cool effects on necro. Looks amazing. Only problem is, it’s still the necro axe…. yea…

Howler or incinerator.

Zelendel

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Hi all,

I want to get your opinions on which legendary I should aim for on my necro, the trouble i’m having is that it’s either dagger or axe since scepter and staff don’t really fit the necro theme plus I play a power build anyway.

I’m not sure on which to go for, obviously axe is less common than dagger but also worse than dagger for necros, I will wait until the feature patch before i even make anything just in hope that axe might get a cleave (doubtful) but for now i’d like to get your opinions?

thanks

Are you referring to to the legendary Scepter and staff not fitting the necromancer? or in general? Because Your wording makes that sentence a bit confusing to read. If it is the legendary you are referring to, well the legendary dagger couldn’t be farther from the necromancer’s theme if it tried. not that it really matters. You can get what you want.

My suggestion though would be to wait until after they add the new legendary weapons.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Screw the necro theme, FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, none of the legendaries fit the necro theme, the only one i would think would be twilight, which cant be wielded due to being a great sword.

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Screw the necro theme, FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, none of the legendaries fit the necro theme, the only one i would think would be twilight, which cant be wielded due to being a great sword.

The whole cosmic sword thing is pretty far from the necromancer theme. They are fairly down to earth. A Cosmic sword fits the mesmer far better. But honestly, it doesn’t really matter.

Also, the Axe does fit the necro’s theme rather well. Considering much of necromancy in GW lore involves ice. More so if you follow the human lore of necromancy.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

The whole cosmic sword thing is pretty far from the necromancer theme. They are fairly down to earth. A Cosmic sword fits the mesmer far better. But honestly, it doesn’t really matter.

Also, the Axe does fit the necro’s theme rather well. Considering much of necromancy in GW lore involves ice. More so if you follow the human lore of necromancy.

Never really got into Guild Wars lore, 7 years + of warcraft lore(dont worry…quit 14 months ago) and you get burnt out on other game lore. I might some day, as long as its not like the current living story…

I always think of necro themes as the more generic necro, dark and deathly. You’re right in saying twilight is more cosmic but its definitely has the dark part down.

Never liked the Necro Axe, its only real use is #2 and #1 is so pitiful and its not even a cleave. Axe is used to generate death shroud, thats about it.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The legendary trident is pretty necro-y. Not that anyone gets legendary underwater weapons, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

The legendary trident is pretty necro-y. Not that anyone gets legendary underwater weapons, though.

ähm….

yes, i rarely get to use it, but it looks simply amazing. and in my opinion it’s the only necroish legendary by far. whorn would be cool too without the stupid snake on it.

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Pfft. I just finished kraitkin the other day. Never gonna get to use it but still worth it.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

If you run the DS Power Build – Frostfang is the nice idea.
If yuo run the Dagger Power build – might consider Howler.

Either way the underwater Legendaries look pretty nice – both the Kamohoali and Kraitkin.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Either way the underwater Legendaries look pretty nice – both the Kamohoali and Kraitkin.

I loved Kraitkin when I made it. Then I made KK. I now regret making Kraitkin. If you make a water leg. for necro, go with Kamohoali. On crit animation procs on most of the weapon skills, including death shroud skills. Shark projectile LB finishing with the shark chomp crit? GTFO if you think you can top that.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Never really got into Guild Wars lore, 7 years + of warcraft lore(dont worry…quit 14 months ago) and you get burnt out on other game lore. I might some day, as long as its not like the current living story…

I always think of necro themes as the more generic necro, dark and deathly. You’re right in saying twilight is more cosmic but its definitely has the dark part down.

Never liked the Necro Axe, its only real use is #2 and #1 is so pitiful and its not even a cleave. Axe is used to generate death shroud, thats about it.

Oh thats fine. I really liked the GW1 lore. Human lore is extremely rich if you dig far enough. Never got into the Warcraft lore. Just didn’t interest me. But, to each their own.

The axe defiantly could use some improvements. However, I don’t see it as useless. It does have a aoe boon removal that cripples. Which isn’t bad at all. Even without the retaliation. I don’t think the weapon needs to cleave in order to be good. Maybe have a trait that makes it cleave but beyond that I don’t think its honestly needed.

The necromancer’s first cleaving weapon should be a melee weapon. Such as a mace or scythe(for when arena net finally caves.)

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: nehkz.2304

nehkz.2304

That’s like giving necro a hammer. It just doesn’t work.

Lenses – Engineer

Random Dodgers [rD] – http://rdguild.com

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

I think you just lack creativity. Mesmers shoot pink laser beams from extreme range with the greatsword – it’s easily possible to think of cool ideas for necromancers to channel magic through a greatsword or hammer.

(edited by Caveth.3268)

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

COUGH ARCHDIVINER COUGH

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Someone tell Traherne (Necro) that he shouldn’t be using a Great Sword then.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

trahearne is not a necro (despice the wiki description), he is just annoying…

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

trahearne is not a necro (despice the wiki description), he is just annoying…

He is a necromancer. He raised a bunch of flesh golems with necromancy on one of the personal story missions.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forging_the_Pact

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

But hes still annoying :P

Humans aren´t real

necromancer legendary

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Anybody take a look at the Exotic Mace called “Kevin”?

Would love for my neco

#24 leaderboard rank North America.