nerf DS generation

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

Its too OP basically 3 pple focusing necro for 1 min while he was in DS out and DS out…..too OP you should balance it ANET

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Its too OP basically 3 pple focusing necro for 1 min while he was in DS out and DS out…..too OP you should balance it ANET

+1

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

You could always try not hitting the Necro when he’s transparent and green.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Almost spit soda on my screen laughing. Nice troll post, but i’ll humor you anyway. If necro gets focused, they die. And as the guy above mentioned, dont hit them when they have spectral effects on them, you just give them more lifeforce.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I just looked through your post history and found this:

And its simple you have your DS woooohah but what if 3 pple focus you? you enter DS and boom you are dead. Dead class cant help its team ;-) Trust me i rolled mesmer and engie and I never come back to necro unless they fix the class because right now its joke.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Nerf Condition Necromancer life force generation!

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Ermm lol.
No.. Just means you lack a da damage son lol

Also it sounds like you didn’t know what to do when he’s gaining LF.. like… i dont know.. dont attack untill the timer (which isnt long) times out

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

nope just nerf it

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Nope, don’t nerf it. Necros only defensive is DS. Others classes can go invulnerable, teleport away, stealth. We can just sit and eat your damage.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

+1

And again you have proven that you are a troll and nothing else. Looks like I was right after all, ne?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

+1

And again you have proven that you are a troll and nothing else. Looks like I was right after all, ne?

you obviously don’t know sarcasm.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

+1

you obviously don’t know sarcasm.

To be fair, there’s nothing particularly obviously sarcastic about “+1”

It’s hard enough to emote sarcasm when using actual words and decent language skills.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kevin.5980

Kevin.5980

And we get CC too easily lol

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiasguitas.4163

Tiasguitas.4163

L2P scrub!!

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Speaking from a WvW perspective, the Aids with med Guardians and Mesmer Burst Anet brought into Tyria with this Patch they should first balance the damage output of some classes, then we can speak about nerfing necro.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lmao, go ahead. I’ve lived through enough “balance” patches to know that no matter how many times ANet nerfs Necromancer I’ll still steamroll bads. Until they remove our ability to use weapon skills I’ll have fun spanking punks like you who don’t know how to discern skill from overpowered.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darkk.3018

Darkk.3018

And its simple you have your DS woooohah but what if 3 pple focus you? you enter DS and boom you are dead. Dead class cant help its team ;-) Trust me i rolled mesmer and engie and I never come back to necro unless they fix the class because right now its joke.

I laughed hard at this. So the guy called necs a joke when they couldn’t handle being focussed by three people before patch, and now complains when they can handle being focussed by three people post-patch. Lol. This degree of irony is funny.

That aside, I do think certain nec builds are maybe a bit too tanky right now. There was this one nec I saw who tanked two thieves easily on a point, and it took a third person to get him down, but it took a long time. I find it hard to say which classes are OP when I think the power creep is so high across the board at the moment. I will just observe how the meta develops as the devs adjust certain builds soon enough.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

my eyes….it burns!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I laughed hard at this. So the guy called necs a joke when they couldn’t handle being focussed by three people before patch, and now complains when they can handle being focussed by three people post-patch. Lol. This degree of irony is funny.

That aside, I do think certain nec builds are maybe a bit too tanky right now. There was this one nec I saw who tanked two thieves easily on a point, and it took a third person to get him down, but it took a long time. I find it hard to say which classes are OP when I think the power creep is so high across the board at the moment. I will just observe how the meta develops as the devs adjust certain builds soon enough.

The question is, did he actually down the thieves? No? Well, there you go. Perfectly balanced. Unlike sth. like warrior that can just take endure pain etc. and be completely invulnerable while still doing “tons of damage”.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

I have to admit I myself have been able to 3v1 a lot better post patch. Sometimes even win with those 3v1s, but it was because I’m pretty good at sustaining myself, I’m built for sustain and they were inexperienced and didn’t know how to focus. In all the cases I survived they just mindlessly use their DPS skills and spiked my shroud and let me get off all my key attrition/heal skills.

Once people started focusing intelligently, I go down a lot faster if not instantly.

- Let Shroud run out of LF and evade Life Blast if it’s a power build or Dhuumfire buffed. Interrupt Life Transfer after channelling starts asap. Interrupting Life Transfer just as it starts channeling is very important to cutting off LF generation and if they take BM, from getting a near self heal while in DS vs. multiple foes through siphons. If you do that you put that skill on its full CD since it counts as casted.

- Once Shroud runs out, be ready to hard cc, interrupt and focus DPS. Most Necro builds no matter the sustain will die right there, since they don’t have any time or the ability to counter such. Other skills to look out for now is preventing Signet of Locusts from triggering too. It’s a pretty powerful heal now when invested in. Mine heals 2-2.5K per hit, so drop blinds on shroud exit too if you see that SoL signet passive on a Necro.

- Experienced Necros will be anticipating this, dropping out of shroud behind obstacles, or prepping Well of Power/Darkness, or other stunbreaks/skills to give them more of a chance to recover. It may be a good idea to hard CC a Necro right before they exit DS and after they use stunbreaks to counter this.

-Against Condimancers using Parasitic Contagion. Make sure you time your condi clear for after they drop their condis and right before you’re ready to focus. If you don’t, those condis will keep healing the Necro even while they’re flat on their face.

- Remember, post-patch it’s probably easier now to 1v1 sustain Necros rather than 2v1+ in some cases. Once you start giving Necro’s extra AoE procs from pets, minions and adds, you’re scaling up Necro sustain significantly. Meaning that a good Necro can keep a team busy a lot longer than before. Long enough for allies to do some damage or reinforcements to arrive. In WvW when it was wise to focus down a Necro first just to eliminate them as an easy kill, it may be wise to take out lesser attrition classes first and leave the Necro for focusing later. ( I see this already working against myself in WvW/PvP)

That’s pretty much it. Necros still have the same anti-cc they have always had. Basically none. Take advantage of that to prevent them from regening with siphons and other attrition skills in and out of DS.

Necromancers don’t need a LF generation nerf. They’re now much closer to what they were stated to be: The ultimate light armored attrition class that controls its zone of control. That means a good Necro should be able to control the area around him and sustain vs. multiple enemies (attrition) if built right, at the expense of mobility, escapes, stability, boons and stunbreaks.

Before when playing Necromancers you were playing against a husk of a class. A class that had builds that would normally be one on another class, split into 2-3 builds on Necros. Counter intuitive mechanics were also a big deal with half of our mechanics not working with the other half.

Now vs. experienced Necros you actually have to bring your A game rather than getting an easy kill due to the technical limitations of the class. Technical limitations that gave us the opposite of attrition, with all the expenses that came with assumingly having it.

(edited by Balekai.6083)

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

+1 Balekai, could not have said it better myself. If you are having problems with a necro now, remember the free bag days of yesterday because they will not be as easy to get now!

And to the OP, no we don’t need a DS life force nerf, you just need to learn when to attack us. Like I said no more easy kills!

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darkk.3018

Darkk.3018

The question is, did he actually down the thieves? No? Well, there you go. Perfectly balanced. Unlike sth. like warrior that can just take endure pain etc. and be completely invulnerable while still doing “tons of damage”.

Lol. I will just say your assumption was wrong. But the rest of your reply is valid since it’s your opinion

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

(Acknowledging that troll post is troll)

Man, let us have some satisfaction of holding four people off point for a little while. We never got that before (Still hurts like being mauled by a kitten tiger though and equals very dead necro)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

But guard constant heals is okay

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Wait didn’t you just fight a bunker necro? What’s the issue then?

The Dhuumfire thread

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

I have to admit I myself have been able to 3v1 a lot better post patch. Sometimes even win with those 3v1s, but it was because I’m pretty good at sustaining myself, I’m built for sustain and they were inexperienced and didn’t know how to focus. In all the cases I survived they just mindlessly use their DPS skills and spiked my shroud and let me get off all my key attrition/heal skills.

[snip]

Now vs. experienced Necros you actually have to bring your A game rather than getting an easy kill due to the technical limitations of the class. Technical limitations that gave us the opposite of attrition, with all the expenses that came with assumingly having it.

Something fun I ran into for sheer troll purposes is to go with Death / Blood / X(Personally, soul, but spite could work in order to actually kill things.)

Only traits that really matter are Shrouded Removal and Unholy Martyr, their ICDs line up and provided you can keep pulling condis from allies, you can keep getting +10% LF per 3 seconds.

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

[snip]

Something fun I ran into for sheer troll purposes is to go with Death / Blood / X(Personally, soul, but spite could work in order to actually kill things.)

Only traits that really matter are Shrouded Removal and Unholy Martyr, their ICDs line up and provided you can keep pulling condis from allies, you can keep getting +10% LF per 3 seconds.

Must try this. :p

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

ir really dont see how tank necro works tbh.. i take all the healing and lf gaining traits with spectrals and it still isn,t enough to keep up with the damage … people just blind the snot out of you and stun at every opportunity

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bankai.3749

Bankai.3749

As a necro, we need our hand held since we can get shut down easily due to lack of sustains and invulns… Nero is a fight till death class we have no means of escape so if we get caught then we are just going to have fight it out till we die…nercos need a buff with some form of escape…

Legends Never [DIE]
Sanctum Of Rall: Ehmry Bay: Sea Of Sorrows

nerf DS generation

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

You all guys should stop feeding that troll. /endoftheproblem

~ The light of a new day