new to necro need help

new to necro need help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sketch Eight.9508

Sketch Eight.9508

Hi, ive played thief since release of gw2, but always wanted to try necro mm, im only lvl 40 atm and use condition armour and sceptre/dagger, im just unsure as what to do with trait points.
from what ive read i think armour and weps are wrong,
Thank you any help would be appreciated.

new to necro need help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

From what I’ve observed, minion master works well as powerbuild. Especially due to the various trait locations.

After going over some of the bookmarks I have (been doing a lot of necro theorycrafting), here are some things I found (copy-paste the link):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBmODbkQrUvVzWjePRI9IaUbaTK6G4gU8epB;TsAA1CvoIyQkgILROikEt2YsxmCA

It’s just a sample and you can play around quite well with different weapons/traits. You could drop the 10 from Blood Magic, go 30 in Spite and get Axe Training and swap one weapon to axe, for example.

These are just some ideas, as I haven’t really focused that deeply into minionmaster builds.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

new to necro need help

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I am helping him ingame. He is highly unfamiliar with Necromancer.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

new to necro need help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sketch Eight.9508

Sketch Eight.9508

thanks for your in game help altroll, and also your quick reply aireroth .
had a quick blast in pvp with the build altroll give me and it was fun so thank you again.

new to necro need help

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

I will give you my three step process to learning about the Necromancer

1) CHIPSSS Encyclopedia of Necro skills

2) Nemesis Tutorials

3) SOACGaming Podcast - sittingonacouch.com for audio only

Each of these are fantastic ways to get immersed into the spirit of the Necromancer and what they bring to the table.

Ignore the hate. The Necromancer does have a learning curve, but the more you play it the more you will enjoy it or find that maybe it’s not for you.

Good luck and if you have any specific questions as you level, don’t be afraid to come back here!

BTW, Altroll, thank you for being willing to help out players in game. People may think you aren’t a troll if you keep this up :P!

(edited by Bas.7406)