on a scale from 1 to 10

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

how ( happy / disappointed ) are you with the changes to the necromancer class with this new patch ?

1 being disappointed
10 being happy

for me it’s a 1 . i feel that with what ever changes they had in mind , was meant in purpose to nerf the class than buff it . and as well as many people who have expressed themselves in the past about what kind of changes they would like to get , that it was something not to be .

so the next question is what were their thoughts behind the changes for the necro ?

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’m an 8 overall, because there were two nerfs, one very minor, one much bigger (but neither game breaking), and the rest were nice buffs.

Unfortunately, only 7 healing skills were added and we didn’t get one, so that was a disappointment.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A solid 1

I am extremely disappointed.

First of all the necromancer was the only class that didn’t get a new healing skill, that really hurts my feelings. But it fits with the overall course that they’ve been taking our class.

Instead of buffing useless traits and skills, they kill skills and traits that have found a meta. It feels like the balance team does not care about the necromancer what so ever. It feels like they have contempt for us. This feeling is enforced by how rarely they ever post in this forum.

Meanwhile huge bugs and class imbalances continue to run their course: The condition cap, Defiant/Unshakeable, our poor mobility, and of course our only option to survive insta-kills in DS, which they took from us when it wasn’t unbalanced. Every single class update, necromancers massively roll their eyes as the balance team further nerfs traits into uselessness, or does fancy number juggling with the recharge or number of bleeds on some skill, while the real issues are left untouched.

Was one cake not enough? Do we have to send more?

Usually shortly after release, bugs get fixed, and the class becomes even more fun to play. Not so with the necromancer. Our class is actually less fun to play now, than it was on release. And our future looks darker still… well fits with the necro theme I suppose…

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

3 points.
Deadly Strength is a very nice buff to my wellmancer setup. Banshee’s Wail is not even worth mentioning but as I use it in my berserk setup I’m not gonna complain.

Still undecided if I like the new Enfeeble. 2 seconds is just a hint too short imo, but I love how it doesn’t have an ICD anymore. Time will tell.

As for the rest… yeah…

Ele / Guardian

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

We’ll come back from the grave one day, if Grenth allows it!

Well now that we can level characters from PvP, I’m using my Power necro to gain glory and finish level up my ele and ranger. I’m still a beast with him, and small fight PvP is okish for necro.

But as for WvW and PvE, he’s gathering dust and won’t be using all those OP skills (Mark of blood, Putrid mark and some others been called best skills in the game lately by red names) in a near future.

I’m just sad that I bought all those ascended trinkets for him on a whim and now I would love a refund for my new main.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

blood stained 1

but it is okay we are a gloomy dark bunch to begin with… until Grenth bestows upon us salvation, I will be gearing up a mesmer soon to skin me some diamond skin.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

-1 for no heal
-2 for this weakening shroud-crap and the staff nerf.
-1 for diamond skin
-2 for not having balanced more than the stuff they previewed a fukcing month ago
-2 for not changing or removing dumbfire. what a shame, they had some really good ideas there…

so im at 2/10

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

on a scale from 1 to 10

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Let’s give all classes invulnerability and regen up the wazoo. lets buff necro’s (nerf) so all passives are now triggered at 50% and have no use anymore.
let all conditions bounce off because of some QQ a year ago about necro conditions while other classes outshined necro’s in that aspect.

What do they want us to play now? “play dead?” be an even bigger mark?

How about you guys gives us a 20% more damage permanent, 10% more damage on crits, 10% more permanent damage when a foe sufferes a condition that we give them trough our #1 #2, give us 15k aoe cleave, give us 17healing invulnerability when we are dying, give us regen anytime we fart. oh wait, we are not a class the “fixeruppers” know how to balance or play.

oh a number..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.