passive signet lost in shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

hi,

i made a post on the bug forum but i should ask here too. Do you find normal that passive signet effect do not apply in shroud ?

I mean we seems the only class with core mecanic that remove our signet or am i misslead here ?

i tried locust and spite and in pve/wvw each time the passive bonus disapear in shroud.

regards,
alba

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bierzgal.2341

Bierzgal.2341

hi,

i made a post on the bug forum but i should ask here too. Do you find normal that passive signet effect do not apply in shroud ?

I mean we seems the only class with core mecanic that remove our signet or am i misslead here ?

i tried locust and spite and in pve/wvw each time the passive bonus disapear in shroud.

regards,
alba

Well, yes, that’s how it works. Since the utility bar disappears when you enter shroud you lose the signet passives. That’s why you often burn the signets before you change form.

in Necromancer

Posted by: albarinos.6135

albarinos.6135

the fact that you cannot use them is okay. The fact that they disapear from existence is not imho.

This is not a simple transform we talk about, this is the core mecanic of the class where you can spend half a fight in.

in Necromancer

Bierzgal.2341

the fact that you cannot use them is okay. The fact that they disapear from existence is not imho.

This is not a simple transform we talk about, this is the core mecanic of the class where you can spend half a fight in.

They are not there, they can’t give passives if they are not on the bar. And if they were, there would be no sense not to be able to use them. And if that happend, why not let other utility skills work too? And so on, and so on. You don’t lose passive effects in Shroud, you lose the effects from the utility bar since it disappears.

It’s like that for almost 4 years. My bet is that it won’t change. Especially today when Necros are beeing nerfed, not buffed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MasterElements.5023

MasterElements.5023

Offhands got buffed, wells got a CD reduction, 90%-ish of the stuff that got nerfed in the 19th patch was Elite specialization stuff. They were outmatching everything, there were Spvp matches that were ALL reapers. Reaper needed a nerf, the other elites needed a nerf.

Arguably the only “nerfs” were Soul Spiral, Infusing Terror and chill duration. Bitter Chill needed a mechanic change, it had the same problems that burning had before it stacked. If you have multiple sources of burning the first person to apply got their damage and everyone had to wait. Now you A: Don’t have to have ANY chill duration for it to work and B: Don’t get screwed over by OTHER condi Reapers because they got their chill off first.

The locked utility bar is the tradeoff for the second HP pool and extra set of weapon skills. Core Shroud has it’s problems but Necro it balanced with the mechanic in mind. It’s not broken, besides, sometimes you want to turn signets off cough plague signet*cough*

(edited by MasterElements.5023)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

They are not there, they can’t give passives if they are not on the bar. And if they were, there would be no sense not to be able to use them. And if that happend, why not let other utility skills work too? And so on, and so on. You don’t lose passive effects in Shroud, you lose the effects from the utility bar since it disappears.

It’s like that for almost 4 years. My bet is that it won’t change. Especially today when Necros are beeing nerfed, not buffed.

With this logic minions should actually disappear too while you enter shroud since they are utilities that are kinda passives with active cooldowns on use integrated into them. Kinda funny that even after 4 years shroud still has some weird mechanical flaws.

in Necromancer

Bierzgal.2341

With this logic minions should actually disappear too while you enter shroud since they are utilities that are kinda passives with active cooldowns on use integrated into them. Kinda funny that even after 4 years shroud still has some weird mechanical flaws.

This… is true actually, never thought about it that way. Maybe ‘cause I’m not a big fun of the necro summons (and “Rise!” is an effect after the cast so it’s logical). When you think about it, you lose some summons when you enter the water (Golem).

Altho I would really dislike the idea of having Plauge Signet passive while beeing in Shroud and without an option to burn the cooldown :P.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

This… is true actually, never thought about it that way. Maybe ‘cause I’m not a big fun of the necro summons (and “Rise!” is an effect after the cast so it’s logical). When you think about it, you lose some summons when you enter the water (Golem).

Altho I would really dislike the idea of having Plauge Signet passive while beeing in Shroud and without an option to burn the cooldown :P.

actually trait for death magic and you remove condi while in sroud i would not mind it lol or even run minions and they clear condi for you
it is not fair that signets on necros work 50% of the time

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Welcome to Necromancer bud, you’ll enjoy your stay proportionally with how much you hate yourself.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zerthi.5493

Zerthi.5493

Welcome to Necromancer bud, you’ll enjoy your stay proportionally with how much you hate yourself.

Yep, hatefull is our source of power.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

i tought it was the salt XD

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zerthi.5493

Zerthi.5493

i tought it was the salt XD

Necro are mostly like alcoholic emo, cut thameselve and poisoning. xD