pls criticize my build

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

hi
i have played necro long ago in pvp and i see that for couple of month the necro come back to the meta compositions

i see in tpvp lots of necro comp with 2 and even 3 necros. its not a high tier fights but low and mid tier.

after playing a bit with both MM necro and cele signet necro i came up with this build

i would like you to criticize it

role :
close/far holder and can dish out on mid when needed good dmg if i have good team support
i notice in med tier mm is not so much viable as signet necro but my dmg was bit low and going zerk is too risky

this is the build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHRhG2JNiQjNYnNgtNAHO4oWomLxUEF0x4OqWYCEARAA-TJRBABlVGQjnAAAnEAB3fAA

yes i dont use staff but i have excellent lire force abilities and great dmg with an average 2.7k power (with enemy below 50% hp its even can get 2.9k)
i dont have crit dmg and chance as i dont want to be too much squishy (depends on group composition)
my dmg compare to the meta signet build is higher and the sustain is the same.

elite i switch depend on my group composition and support

pros:
2.5-2.7 power
28k hp
2.8k armor
great life force abilities with dagger,axe, spectral abilities
rip boons
nice condi transfer
might stack can be above 15

cons:
lack of stability
no range weapon with staff
no aoe with staff
lack 1 cc with staff

if you are going for more group fight take locust signet for more healing abilities and aoe boons rip.

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

1. Spiteful Talisman without focus?

2. If you mostly want to solo side points with this build I’d definitely take Banshee’s Wail over Vampiric Presence.
On the other hand, if you are involved in team fights often enough to justify having VP then I’d definitely take Locust Signet instead of Signet of Spite.

3. I’d replace Sigil of Force with crit or swap sigils, or maybe bloodlust.

Any build with Blood Magic has way better sustain than the “meta” signet build.

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

messiah.1908

1. Spiteful Talisman without focus?

2. If you mostly want to solo side points with this build I’d definitely take Banshee’s Wail over Vampiric Presence.
On the other hand, if you are involved in team fights often enough to justify having VP then I’d definitely take Locust Signet instead of Signet of Spite.

3. I’d replace Sigil of Force with crit or swap sigils, or maybe bloodlust.

Any build with Blood Magic has way better sustain than the “meta” signet build.

thanks!
1. yes no focus as i need dager to transfer conditions with all the burns out there. any trait isnt much needed so i guess the 5% more dmg if enemy dont got boons is better than 3% more dmg if chill or condi cleanse at 25% hp
2. i am doing both and with parrot its nice companion
3. yes i also consider taking locust signet even for solo as it got lower cd so more might and boons removal.

i wish i could make sure to proc 4 bleed on foe so i would have take blood bond for another signet proc and leech but geo sigil and dagger is hard to connect every time

would you consider this build good compare to other builds?
is staff a must have?

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAodWn0ICd2gF3A22Ac4gDchaO2l9SQ7i44ZhDQAsAA-TpBGAB8eIACZ/BAOBAdXGQgHAwBHBAA

Nice team support with side point fighter. Really good LF generation because of Spectral skills good siphon for sustain and team condi transferring support. Not sure if Sigil of Blood works through DS maybe test it out and LMK? This is just a quick little brainstorm so you’ll have to let me know. Or you can wait till later so I test it but that will be in a while lol. Seems like it would be fun though.

Necromancer Main

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

messiah.1908

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAodWn0ICd2gF3A22Ac4gDchaO2l9SQ7i44ZhDQAsAA-TpBGAB8eIACZ/BAOBAdXGQgHAwBHBAA

Nice team support with side point fighter. Really good LF generation because of Spectral skills good siphon for sustain and team condi transferring support. Not sure if Sigil of Blood works through DS maybe test it out and LMK? This is just a quick little brainstorm so you’ll have to let me know. Or you can wait till later so I test it but that will be in a while lol. Seems like it would be fun though.

with staff soul marks is a must and blood bond only trigger in staff but tricky
your amulet give you more healing power but you got less hp and life force also you got no swiftness . focus is nice but warhorn is much better with dagger
the concept is the same though

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

with staff soul marks is a must and blood bond only trigger in staff but tricky
your amulet give you more healing power but you got less hp and life force also you got no swiftness . focus is nice but warhorn is much better with dagger
the concept is the same though

Just because you have staff doesn’t mean Soul Mark is mandatory. The build is focused more on team support. Dagger is great for creating LF so are the 3 Spectral Skills. You support your team by healing them. Great revives and Condi transfer is great! Also really good sustain. Honestly the build is exactly what you said you wanted. But hey I’m sure their are other variations so you can feel free to play around with it yourself. Just throwing ideas around.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Would this be less dps than knight’s?

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I used to run something almost identical to this builds in the past, however I ran staff over axe and has slightly different traits in spite. Overall it was a decent team fight builds because you could tank a point for a very long time and provide support through rezzes. I did feel that it was useless in smaller fights as it didn’t really have enough damage on its own to win the 1v1s that cele signet necro and MM can win with ease. Cele signet has the ele matchup going for it (its main strength) while Cleric MM has better team support and better sustained single target damage.

I also used locust over spite and strength runes.

So my verdict is that it’s a good build, but it’s not a great build.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

messiah.1908

Would this be less dps than knight’s?

i checked all amulet dmg

knight provide the most direct dmg but less hp over 500 dmg difference
cele is next cuase bit of bleeding dmg (semi hybrid)
close next is soldier (lack of bleeding around 200 per tick) but if get fury the dmg is higher than cele
cleric like soldeir

so cele got less armor less hp less life force but more bleeding poison dmg which is not so constant unless he transfer conditions.

(edited by messiah.1908)

pls criticize my build

in Necromancer

messiah.1908

I used to run something almost identical to this builds in the past, however I ran staff over axe and has slightly different traits in spite. Overall it was a decent team fight builds because you could tank a point for a very long time and provide support through rezzes. I did feel that it was useless in smaller fights as it didn’t really have enough damage on its own to win the 1v1s that cele signet necro and MM can win with ease. Cele signet has the ele matchup going for it (its main strength) while Cleric MM has better team support and better sustained single target damage.

I also used locust over spite and strength runes.

So my verdict is that it’s a good build, but it’s not a great build.

good is good for me

i played with cele amulet and its feels like in 1v1 yes is good but soldier or knight is better. in team fight soldier was better for me with higher toughness and life force