sPvP Necro Wells/Crit [Video w/ Gameplay]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinthos.5893

Zinthos.5893

Hello there!

Got another build for you guys. This is a sPvP build without using the reaper. It was requested on my YT channel. I thought I would share it here as well. It focuses on a few conditions and precision.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icKtwJvjhro&feature=youtu.be

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4djk0QRNWZD20A/NOwFq4Gkv3L8qDgWYO2NRVA-TpRAABVt/galBu4IAMwBBI6TAAAPAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Sorry, but that must be one of the worst “gameplay” video i have ever seen. Your opponents are awfull and this action cam make me sick.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

If you check the build you already think opponents are probably terrible. This build cant survive anything half decent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Sadly the Chilling Darkness/Bitter Chill, Well of Darkness combo is ineffective (and has been for a long time) due to the ICD on chilling darkness.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

That build can only be good into a premade and against a team that don’t focus you.
Your wideo show a 2v1 against one of the worst ranger I’ve ever seen, and a little of teamfight where no one focused you, making you free to hit the enemy.
A glasscannon build like that can work only if you’re not against someone that know you’re the easiest thing to kill in the entire game, easier than a target golem.
The elite can grant you few seconds against a melee enemy or a ranged enemy struck into an angle, but in a teamfight when you’re focused there’s few things you can do with a similar build.
You’ve Protection up for a good time, but it’s not enough to grant you a good survavibility.
Thief runes and parasitic contagion are bad choices for a build that can’t be a pure dps without die in few seconds against any kind of decent player and don’t inflict enough condition damage to make that trait viable. It’s not even used in PvE, in sPvP is barely useless, expecially because the necro can inflict decent condition damage only with the RS5+4 combo, but you’re not even using reaper and you can’t do that, making that trait heal you for…80-100hp/sec?
There’s better builds to play without the expansion.

Anyway, that build can still work into an organized team that know your role is only to spam wells and die, forcing one of your team (an engi?) to ress you all the time to don’t make you a free +5 for the enemy every team you go in a fight.

in Necromancer

Zinthos.5893

Sorry to upset you all, BUT I did say in the video that this is a team fight build, I said you can pick off soft targets. I even said that this is NOT a tank build and that you will not survive long unless you know what you are doing. If you have good mechanical skill and you know how the build works, you will do well. Again I said that this build is a TEAM FIGHT build. You goal is not to be the main dps, your goal is to Blind, Chill, & make your opponents Vulnerable. You damage will scale with conditions, BUT you are NOT the main dps. These are things I explained. Please watch the full 3 minutes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Sorry to upset you all, BUT I did say in the video that this is a team fight build, I said you can pick off soft targets. I even said that this is NOT a tank build and that you will not survive long unless you know what you are doing. If you have good mechanical skill and you know how the build works, you will do well. Again I said that this build is a TEAM FIGHT build. You goal is not to be the main dps, your goal is to Blind, Chill, & make your opponents Vulnerable. You damage will scale with conditions, BUT you are NOT the main dps. These are things I explained. Please watch the full 3 minutes.

The day you leave Amber behind, you will notice your foes will stun (hard CC) you from time to time. And everytime that happens you are dead.

Well not exactly everytime… you can survive a stun burst every 180 seconds. xD

Your build is really really bad! I mean base armor, base health pool, no stun breaks, the “I am a necro – target me first!” sign above your head. Did you ever faced some semi competent opponent? I guess not.

If I was in your team n Solo Q and would know you’re running this build, I would ragequit!

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Zinthos.5893

The day you leave Amber behind, you will notice your foes will stun (hard CC) you from time to time. And everytime that happens you are dead.

Well not exactly everytime… you can survive a stun burst every 180 seconds. xD

Your build is really really bad! I mean base armor, base health pool, no stun breaks, the “I am a necro – target me first!” sign above your head. Did you ever faced some semi competent opponent? I guess not.

If I was in your team n Solo Q and would know you’re running this build, I would ragequit!

Yes there are base stats, and? What I set him up to do, he does very well. The build works for me, I tested it for two weeks. I also have the skill level to be able to pull off just about any build that has the ability to work. I have been playing since beta. If a build works for me, it will work for you given you are decent at the game.

With that being said, I have had people try the build already and they have had success with it. Not sure what it is with people on this forum, but if you don’t try it, how do you know it won’t work? “uh, uh, uh, but Zeth it isn’t meta. You moron.” And? Be adventurous. If me and others HAVE had success with it, then it clearly will work for the people that can learn to use it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Not sure what it is with people on this forum, but if you don’t try it, how do you know it won’t work?

Because there are some things you don’t have to try to find out if they work or not.

What KrHome meant to point out is that your build has almost no defense.
You run pure glass stats, which on it’s own isn’t a problem, but there’s also no stunbreak and only one cleanse (Deathly Swarm). That means running this build would allow for way too much counterplay.

So, I’m not sure how you define being successful here.

this is a team fight build…
you can pick off soft targets.
NOT a tank build
you will not survive long
you are NOT the main dps.

It’s a team fighter with poor defense and low damage even though you run rampager?
It seems that even from your own perspective the build is going through some kind of identity crisis.

Also, regardless of what build you’re running, you really shouldn’t use action cam, it severely limits your mechanical abilities and visibility.

in Necromancer

Zinthos.5893

So, I’m not sure how you define being successful here.

Successful as in I have died few times, we are winning team fights, and taking/holding points.

It’s a team fighter with poor defense and low damage even though you run rampager?
It seems that even from your own perspective the build is going through some kind of identity crisis.

The reason for rampager is for the Precision & Conditions damage. Basically the more conditions you have with this build, the more precision you get. Also you heal based on your condition damage as well as siphoning. In my personal experience it gives me just enough sustain to manage a team fight and pick off squishy targets, this include me poping shroud.

The entire point is to stack blind, chill, and vulnerability to increase your damage. This also boosts your healing slightly, and gives a big help to your teammates. The siphoning from the attacks, plus your wells, and the healing from your well of blood actually end up giving a decent amount of sustain. It doesn’t look like it on paper, but in action it works out, given the good dodge timings and shroud.

Also, regardless of what build you’re running, you really shouldn’t use action cam, it severely limits your mechanical abilities and visibility.

The reason I use action cam is because I am playing with a controller. With that said, I don’t want comments about how controllers are bad as I have spent a LONG time configuring mine to work perfect for me.

Again the build (and using a controller) is not for EVERYONE. I do have builds that are decently good for almost anyone to use, but some builds, such as this, require a higher skill level. Again, you can’t tell me what is and is not good for ME. I have not once claimed that this will be an easy build to use. I have only stated what it CAN do.

in Necromancer

KrHome.1920

The reason for rampager is for the Precision & Conditions damage. Basically the more conditions you have with this build, the more precision you get. Also you heal based on your condition damage as well as siphoning. In my personal experience it gives me just enough sustain to manage a team fight and pick off squishy targets, this include me poping shroud.

Theorycrafting… it just does not work. You are talking to people who play necro for 4 years and over a thousand hours now. We ’ve been there a long time ago where you are now. And we tell you, that it does not work.

Rampager is one of the useless amulets for necro (due to class mechanics). It is pretty much impossible to create a viable build around that amulet. Your power attacks hit like a wet noodle since you ’ve low power and no ferocity.

Your condi damage is also low. The insane condi pressure a reaper deals comes from RS 5+4 combo which you don’t have. The few bleeds you can apply are laughable.

Your shroud melts like hot butter, since you don’t run Soulreaping.

The entire point is to stack blind, chill, and vulnerability to increase your damage. This also boosts your healing slightly, and gives a big help to your teammates.

You are dead before you can help anyone.

The siphoning from the attacks, plus your wells, and the healing from your well of blood actually end up giving a decent amount of sustain. It doesn’t look like it on paper, but in action it works out, given the good dodge timings and shroud.

No, it doesn’t.

The reason I use action cam is because I am playing with a controller. With that said, I don’t want comments about how controllers are bad as I have spent a LONG time configuring mine to work perfect for me.

You completely lost me here. Seriously? I am running in circles around you while killing you with auto attacks…

Again the build (and using a controller) is not for EVERYONE. I do have builds that are decently good for almost anyone to use, but some builds, such as this, require a higher skill level.

A Marauder Reaper requires a higher skill level, the Meta-Proc-Build requires a higher skill level. Your build is just non-viable. That’s a difference you should learn. And the best way would be to fight some players with viable builds facerolling you.

But of course I don’t need to mention, that everybody shall run the builds he likes. So just go and pvp with your creation if it means fun to you. But: MMR will hopefully prevent you from being in my team someday. ;-)

in Necromancer

Zinthos.5893

Theorycrafting… it just does not work. You are talking to people who play necro for 4 years and over a thousand hours now. We ’ve been there a long time ago where you are now. And we tell you, that it does not work.

If you actually read, I said that yes this looks bad on paper, but IN ACTION meaning, when I play it in the game it works. I also mentioned I have been playing necro since beta. So you are also talking to someone who has been playing that long.

I am sorry that you have your head so far up your hind quarters that you refuse to read and understand the words on the screen.

Yes the build works for me, Yes I have been playing as long, if not longer than you. Just because you refuse to accept that something works for someone that you think is bad, does not mean you know more than that person. If you want to prove me to be wrong, play it and test it for 2 weeks. That is what I did while making the build. If you are as good as you say you are, it will work. “Oh but Zeth, I KNOW it won’t work because of the numbers on the screen, and it is just too much work for me to actually try something, I’d rather just yell at you.” Well then, You call me a Theorycrafter, yet I actually tested the build. But you are looking at the build on an external website and saying it is bad based on the theory, without testing it. I will leave you with that to think about.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Rampager is one of the useless amulets for necro (due to class mechanics). It is pretty much impossible to create a viable build around that amulet.

On a side note, I used to play Rampager when the specialization system was introduced until we got Mercenary amulets. And since that was removed I switched to Destroyer, which basically works out like a better version of Rampager for my build.
And I solo queued with both amulets to legendary, although that didn’t really mean anything with the matchmaking in earlier seasons.
So it’s not impossible, but definitely niche.

If you want to prove me to be wrong, play it and test it for 2 weeks.

Actually, the burden of proof is on you here. So instead of making people use your build for weeks, you could just meet up with someone in game and show them how you play the build. I would do it myself, but I suspect you’re on NA.

Also, you should take what we say as constructive criticism rather than insults.
For example, when we point out that you don’t have stun breaks or cleanses, wouldn’t it be reasonable to change some things? Or do you not see that you’ll be at a huge disadvantage against another condi class?
Or regarding your action cam preference (I didn’t even know you could play gw2 with a controller lol), it really is a lot slower and restrictive. So it may well be that this is how you like it, but you have to realize its limitations instead of getting offended when someone says you could be a lot better without it.

in Necromancer

Zinthos.5893

Actually, the burden of proof is on you here. So instead of making people use your build for weeks, you could just meet up with someone in game and show them how you play the build. I would do it myself, but I suspect you’re on NA.

Also, you should take what we say as constructive criticism rather than insults.
For example, when we point out that you don’t have stun breaks or cleanses, wouldn’t it be reasonable to change some things? Or do you not see that you’ll be at a huge disadvantage against another condi class?
Or regarding your action cam preference (I didn’t even know you could play gw2 with a controller lol), it really is a lot slower and restrictive. So it may well be that this is how you like it, but you have to realize its limitations instead of getting offended when someone says you could be a lot better without it.

Constructive criticism? most of it is just people complaining and talking crap. Every now and then there is the mention of a specific thing being bad, but it’s mostly people being jerks about it.

Other than that yes I am on NA. The proof is in the pudding. The build itself. I know the game play wasn’t long enough to show a lot of the different situations. I truly don’t believe that anyone who has commented is genuinely interested in learning the build. They just don’t seem to be any kind of open minded.

The GW2 community use to be amazing with people that wanted to do noting more than help others. Now that is has gone f2p, it seems all the LoL & CS:GO kids have flooded it. When I first started I got builds wrong, like everyone, but back then the community actually wanted to help instead of just insult.

As far as the controller goes, I have the sensitivity like WAY up. So I can look around at the snap of a stick. I even set up the movements to where it is just instant direction switching and all that. I have a slightly slower came movement than with a mouse, but I hardly notice it really since I am zoomed all the way out of the character. I just find it easier to play and it gives me less hand cramps :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

To start off, the build is not a solid build. I can think of legit no reason why someone should take this build over a condition necro (even without HoT) or even a proper power necro (again without HoT). Both those two specs decide to do something well and they do it.

With your build you decided that the best stat to get the most of was precision. By far the most useless stat when you have to pick and choose like in spvp. Fury alone gives you a 20% bonus to that stat, anything going above +900 precision is overdoing it, and even 900 is a bit much tbh.

You opt for signet of locust over a stun break. Definitely questionable, better option would be to use traveler’s runes or better yet just use warhorn for some more control/utility. And then you can get spectral armor and gain some survivability. Your decision to use 3 wells is also probably not a great decision. Even taking consume conditions will improve the survivability of the build without really hurting anything about the build.

Like I said previously though, I see no reason to prefer this over a baseline necro signet condition build or some baseline necro zerker variant. You provide far less damage and less control then a corrupt necro with a warhorn and you provide no ability to instantly change a teamfight like a power necro can.

Now I watched the gameplay, and I don’t want to sugarcoat the fact that the gameplay was horrible. Your use of the action camera caused you to miss all but one of the wells you place with another hitting only because your alarmingly unskilled opponents walk into it. You decide to plague a ranger at basically full hp in a 1v4 by boss, which I shouldn’t have to explain why that is a poor decision. You go up behind keep and toss some skills on point before randomly swapping to dagger and using the lifesteal on air with no target. You plunge directly into the point now and blow all the wells you’ve got onto the point for no reason since the opponents had walked away at this point.

Now play how you want, that is not sweat off my back. But don’t pretend you’re some special snowflake that has figured something out that no one else has. Action camera is not a viable option and a controller definitely isn’t. Play how you want, but don’t try and argue with people about that, its simply a fact.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Zinthos, maybe this helps.

in Necromancer

KrHome.1920

Rampager is one of the useless amulets for necro (due to class mechanics). It is pretty much impossible to create a viable build around that amulet.

On a side note, I used to play Rampager when the specialization system was introduced until we got Mercenary amulets.

Ah the good old times when Wellomancer, Marauder Power Signet and so on was still viable… of course I am talking about the present, when I say non-viable.

I highlight that!

@Zinthos:
I might sound a little too offensive in my postings. That is not my intention. See it more like some hints to save you a lot of time testing things that just don’t work. :-)

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Zinthos, when you say you helping your teammates, you sure its not the other way around? it can be just that your teammates carry your build. Tempest can do your role better. You miss the role of being Necromancer and you trying to enter other classes roles which never gonna work. When you say in action it does work, which action? what tier of pvp you playing? what your party composition is and is it possible you hinder them? and this party with other member can do much better? saying it is working for you doesnt mean this build works in general.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

I have been in your shoes multiple times. I’ve had goofy builds I loved to pieces that found me success… but then each time I advanced a bit/got higher mmr… I got roflstomped.
Two weeks testing? Is that it? Was it an intense 2 weeks straight of pvp? Not being rude… maybe little, sorry.. but honestly. That’s barely any time at all compared to how long it takes for meta builds to come out and get tested. Heck, I’ve been testing my current build for almost two months and I’m not so sure its where I want it.

Its good you recognize your build has weaknesses though. That’s a good part of improving your buildcrafting and game knowledge in general. Exploring builds on your own is honestly an excellent way of learning the class. But you need to understand where your strengths are being exaggerated.

Also off topic, but I don’t understand the intense action cam hate. So long as you swap back and forth when needed. It’s like lockscreen in a moba.. useful if you’re lazy, but hindering if you camp it at all times.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.