sPvP/WvWvW TANK AOE + CONDITION Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

First of all, excuse my english. Any grammar suggestions will be welcomed!

The build:

For some reason this link doesn’t work. Copy+paste or use TinyURL:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-144Z-FKlHVI0E43K-K0;9;5TJJ;218A17-47;28NV0-NF1jwmAjwmA2VU

http://tinyurl.com/bwqznb6

I saw that the Dagger + Dagger is very popular these days. I feel that the attack at close range is not for the necro, and make it very vulnerable, just a GlassCannon.

So I present mine, mostly concentrated in surviving, but also makes a huge amounts of damage in time with conditions and critical hits. Ideal also for WvWvW because can affect large areas and several players at the same time.

Traits:

Curses: +30

• II: 20% increased bleeding duration.
  • IX: Well skills use ground targeting.
  • XI: Conditions by Scepter last 33% longer.

Death Magic: +20

• II: Increase area of marks.
  • VIII: When disabled cause AOE fear.

Blood Magic: +20

• V: Gain health by critical hit.
  • VIII: Wells recharge 20% faster.

Basically:

• II: 20% increased bleeding duration.
  • XI: Conditions by Scepter last 33% longer.

For more Condition damage.

• IX: Well skills use ground targeting.
  • II: Increase area of marks.
  • VIII: Wells recharge 20% faster.

This let you in create a complete MINED field in a few seconds. Causes a lot of AOE damage, give conditions, Blind.

• VIII: When disabled cause AOE fear.
  • V: Gain health by critical hit.

Survivalism.

Gear:

• Runes: 6/6 Runes of the unded. +Conditions Damage + Toughness. Exactly the two stats we are looking for.
  • Rabid Amulet + Rabid Jewel: Conditions + Precision + Toughness.
  • Sigils: Scepter/dagged: Agony(Cond. Damage)/Force(damage). Staff: Force(+damage).

The stats:

Health 20372 (+2000)
Vitality 1116 (200)
Armor 2730 (
894)
Toughness 1810 (+894)
Attack 1961 (49)
Power 916 (
0)
Critical Hit 49% (+45%)
Precision 1860 (+944)

Secondary Stats

Bleeding Duration 30% (+30%)
Boon Duration 20% (20%)
*Condition Damage 1406 (
1406)*
Damage 1045 (5%)
Defense 920 (
0)
Healing Power 200 (+200)

Rotation:

Staff:
Basically, before starting a battle, start filling the area of marks. Leaving the 5th (FEAR) for emergencies or CC. You give your foes Bleeding, Poison and Chilled. All of this is AoE.

Scepter:
Then you focus on a single target, using scepter and keeping them bleeding with autoattack.
Attacks 1, 2 and 5(AOE) put bleeding on your enemies, so is not hard to do it.
Use attack 3 when you want, but if better if your enemy have a couple of conditions.
4 gives blind. Use it wisely.
Go back to staff after sometime(when cooldowns are out ). Fill the area with marks again, and turn scepter again.

Wells:
You can cause Vulnerability, Blind and conditions to your enemies. Use them every time they are available.

Elite skills:
Lich form is for power builds. Besides i don’t like it because turns you into a giant creature. Just need a sign that says “kill me first.”. Too much cooldown.
Plague is cool (i use it for underwater), but causes conditions that one can generate by itself, also forces you to be close to the enemy you want to be affected. Too much cooldown.
So, the best option for me is the Flesh Golem. Short cooldown. Decent damage(besides, people use to ignore them), and have a amazing AOE Charge.

PROS:

• very difficult to kill. I survived attacks 4 vs 1 long time.
  • Your AOE covers a huge area. Just look at the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/BgWpLV3.jpg

• Usually not problems with 1vs1. They always have a hard time killing you, and you cand kill them with conditions in a medium time.
  • A lot of critical + Condition Damage.
  • Very noob friendly.

CONS:

• You have a few CC. Not stability. So you can have a hard time with that. Stay away from thieves in 1vs1.
  • Not as effective in 1vs1 battles such as dagger + dagger. But what you lose in direct damage, you gain the tripe on your survival skills. So your enemy will have problems too.

Thanks! What do you think?

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

(edited by marianitten.1247)

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

• reserved for updates.

in Necromancer

Posted by: congeeman.6478

congeeman.6478

no stun breakers :/

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

Like id said.. is not very efective against classes focused on stuns ….. but the build is very tanky, and ranged… you need to stay alert.

Never had problems against any professions, I defeat easily warriors , guardians and rangers…
It’s complicated in 1vs1 with Thiefs… but that is another story…

I will make some video showing how I play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

Not sure if i missed something but what do you do about swiftness in WvW?

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

If you need swiftness to go fast to a position you can change one slot to spectral walk… but in action you can change it back. Doens’t make much sense waste a good attack with that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I have never done WvW with a stun breaker. It isn’t always necessary.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

If you need swiftness to go fast to a position you can change one slot to spectral walk… but in action you can change it back. Doens’t make much sense waste a good attack with that.

Gotcha, thx.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Baneful.5843

Baneful.5843

I would like to point out a couple of things you may have overlooked. Main one being wells go great with power and this build has none. Although the corruption rips boons on pulse people never stand in it for more then 1-2 ticks, and the blind is defensive but would not need ground target since most of the time would want at your feet against the melee that closed the gap. The vulnerability well is the highest damage well but stacks with power and does very little without. Also the vulnerability does not effect condition damage.

Couple of things on play style you mentioned which are fine but would like to clarify for people. The dagger 4 is a blind but also an aoe condition transfer and recommend using that way. The staff 2 and 3 are great to place before a fight that you know is coming since they will stay there and last until the cooldown is back but the 4 wont. The 4 is also an aoe condition transfer and I would recommend saving it for that.

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

I would like to point out a couple of things you may have overlooked. Main one being wells go great with power and this build has none. Although the corruption rips boons on pulse people never stand in it for more then 1-2 ticks, and the blind is defensive but would not need ground target since most of the time would want at your feet against the melee that closed the gap. The vulnerability well is the highest damage well but stacks with power and does very little without. Also the vulnerability does not effect condition damage.

Couple of things on play style you mentioned which are fine but would like to clarify for people. The dagger 4 is a blind but also an aoe condition transfer and recommend using that way. The staff 2 and 3 are great to place before a fight that you know is coming since they will stay there and last until the cooldown is back but the 4 wont. The 4 is also an aoe condition transfer and I would recommend saving it for that.

Thanks for the tips.. i’m far from being an expert and i will try to twist some points in this build.

About Wells, i understand that works better with power, but they tick 5 times, with a 50% chance of critical, and that is a lot!
With 300+(I.E. using spite Trail Line) you will do 30% more damage. Using gear and stuff, you probably get to 50-60%. But you loose other stats… Critical % is a risk, but works for me.
About need ground target.. this build is about “DPSing from the distance” but i see what you say, maybe i can make an “alternative” build using spite traits, with epidemic and Blood Is power instead of wells.

(edited by marianitten.1247)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

If you’re running a condition build and you don’t have corrupt boon you’re doing something very wrong

in Necromancer

Posted by: Volbit.4853

Volbit.4853

I use a very similar build, but with some changes:

Traits: In ‘Curses’, I use VII (Master of corruption) instead of IX, since I don’t use wells (stack too much with power, which I don’t have much of) but corruption skills. In ‘Death magic’, I use II (larger and unblockable marks) instead of VIII and in ‘Blood magic’ I take I (shorter CD for dagger-skills) instead of VIII, because I use dagger #4 a lot together with the conditions I have and get through using corruption skills.

For slot skills, I usually go with corruption skills, always use ‘Blood is power’ and ‘Corrupt boon’, often also with ‘Epidemic’, which is sometimes changes to ‘Spectral walk’ for the swiftness (esp. in WvW).

My armor is also all rabid, my trinkets are carrion, but I want to change these to rabid, too, as soon as I can get the specific ascended-gear (or are there any exotic rabid-earrings and -rings?).

This is my build (without armor), which I enjoy very much and am pretty ok with in PVE, sPVP and WvW: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMap7tbyb87JAJFPf9kis9O6BxGnMA

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

If you’re running a condition build and you don’t have corrupt boon you’re doing something very wrong

Well i would not necessarily say that. It depend on what goal you have and what role you want or have to fulfill. If you want to run mainly alone looking for 1v1 or if you do small scale with a group i would say yes, corrupt boon is too good not to be taken. But if you run in a large squad you can be very effective with a well build (of course you have to swap out the golem for plague)

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haz.9864

Haz.9864

… this. Also rabid conditionmancers were great for a couple months. But in the current game all condition builds are completely broken in wvw dues to the popularity of melandru runes + lemongrass food. Any opponents worth fighting will be taking at least 40% less damage from you and as much as 90%+ resistant to your cc.

Akue – war, Duck Dogers – eng (Splt) (NSP)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Volbit.4853

Volbit.4853

… this. Also rabid conditionmancers were great for a couple months. But in the current game all condition builds are completely broken in wvw dues to the popularity of melandru runes + lemongrass food. Any opponents worth fighting will be taking at least 40% less damage from you and as much as 90%+ resistant to your cc.

That’s right, but on the other hand, most WvW-players aren’t exactly experts and don’t use these runes and don’t have tons of condition removal. In my experience, condition- and glasscannon-builds are the most successful in WvW, but may be my server and that I mainly met people, that are as amateur as I am.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I really wouldn’t run condition damage past anything passive (Barbed Precision for example) as the condition removal in large scale fights is too strong especially with the heavy focus around Water Fields.

As Haz has also pointed out most front-line Warriors are running the new unstoppable build consisting of -65% condition duration -33% Cripple, Chill and Immobilize duration.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dylninja.4216

Dylninja.4216

i play a similar style but with d/d and a/f

http://youtu.be/fq3vnyIholQ

using DS 4 in tandum with my wells for explosive aoe dmg

at about 7:45 in the video is a good clip of how i use the build

[PRO] The Protectorate of Fort Aspenwood
Shrouded Bomber

(edited by Dylninja.4216)

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

I really wouldn’t run condition damage past anything passive (Barbed Precision for example) as the condition removal in large scale fights is too strong especially with the heavy focus around Water Fields.

As Haz has also pointed out most front-line Warriors are running the new unstoppable build consisting of -65% condition duration -33% Cripple, Chill and Immobilize duration.

Warrior never were a problem.. at least with this build

in Necromancer

Posted by: vex.3482

vex.3482

I got something similar to that, just I don’t use wells that much… more fan of spectral walk/corrupt boon/epidemic etc.

and I don’t do spvp only wvw
nice build

meh

in Necromancer

marianitten.1247

I got something similar to that, just I don’t use wells that much… more fan of spectral walk/corrupt boon/epidemic etc.

and I don’t do spvp only wvw
nice build

Yes, maybe my build is more for WvWvW and yours more for sPvP.