scepter auto gets boon corrupt

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

loooooooooooooooooool.
thats, so, overpowered, its, ridiculous.
rubi, you must tell us all the things more often.

LONG LIVE NECRO

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

no longer need to take signets to deal with boon heavy specs. build diversity

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s pretty good. We can actually trait into something else than Spite in every build.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Stand The Wall.6987

curses nec inc.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

i don’t think you can avoid taking signets because there are so many class/spec spamming boon but thats a good change, making corrupt boon stronger will punch hard this bunker meta.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Good change I think. If this was 3 years ago it would definitely be OP, but in the new meta of Oprah style boon application this is pretty necessary.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

That’s so stupid, now the auto attack that can deal
up to 8.5 seconds of blind or
up to 17,25 seconds of weakness or
3 stacks of vulnerability for up to 17,25 seconds or
up to 5,25 seconds of SLOW or
up to 17,25 seconds of poison or
up to 6 seconds of chilled or
3 stacks of consusion for up to 5,25 seconds or
up to 1,75 seconds of FEAR or
up to 17,25 seconds of crippled or
3 stacks of bleed for up to 20,25 seconds
in a realistic pvp setup on top of it’s base effects
That’s broken.

EDIT forgot chill and bleed duration boost

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

Fair point. There’s Lingering Curse, but:

1. Boon corrupt may not be affected by it
2. LC isn’t that great for PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Good change I think. If this was 3 years ago it would definitely be OP, but in the new meta of Oprah style boon application this is pretty necessary.

I am in agreement. At first it might be OP but this is really going to help reign in the boon bots. Unfortunately this will also put us back on top of the kill list….eh not like we already weren’t. I’m a little bit disappointed there wasn’t much else, like life blast reduced cast time and damage.

But I is happy we’re the king of conditions again. ^.^

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Fair point. There’s Lingering Curse, but:

1. Boon corrupt may not be affected by it

Skills description is in my favor still some of those things are still scary even without 50% extra duration (33% fear + perma slow)

2. LC isn’t that great for PvP.

This change could be the trigger.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

up to 5,25 seconds of chilled or
3 stacks of bleed for up to 17,25 seconds
That’s broken.

This is just ridiculously overpowered for an auto attack.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’m a little bit disappointed there wasn’t much else, like life blast reduced cast time and damage.

This is just a preview, there are other changes.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

up to 5,25 seconds of chilled or
3 stacks of bleed for up to 17,25 seconds
That’s broken.

This is just ridiculously overpowered for an auto attack.

To be honest it is traited auto attack with a common necro rune but in that table I forgot the chill and bleed duration boosts. My point still stands though.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Realistically, how often do you land the full autoattack chain on scepter in actual combat? This almost exclusively happens if your opponent is already overloaded with condis and/or is running away. I predict that this change will not have a big impact.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Realistically, how often do you land the full autoattack chain on scepter in actual combat? This almost exclusively happens if your opponent is already overloaded with condis and/or is running away. I predict that this change will not have a big impact.

It is actually quite easy, scepter uto attack is not that noticable nor slow. By the way what has overloaded with condis to do with it, it’s still a ver powerfull condi on an auto attack.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I actually don’t like this change, not because its strong because its strength we need but because its just falling back to necro’s issue of being too focussed around autoattacking. I already have spite for necros spamming scepter #1, i definitely do not want this to become the optimum style of play.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Hahaha I saw this coming and I’m loving it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

That’s pretty broken, especially on a weapon that didn’t need any help. At least make it a boon removal. Loving the other changes though. And our new amulets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

That’s broken.

Are we still talking about scepter here? I’m confused. What makes scepter autoattack do any of these?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

He’s referring to boon corruption causing those effects (i.e. corrupting stability = fear), though his numbers are only somewhat true if boons corrupted by scepter benefit from the +50% condition duration trait.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

If anet goes through with this change scepter is gunna be op in pvp now. And condi reaper will def dominate, at least that’s my prediction. Hope they reconsider tbh, I would hate to see necros get the nerf bat much harder subsequently from QQ threads. PS anet…where is the axe love omg???!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

This change really makes the nice corrupt boon change kind of sad. However, a traited Corrupt Boon basically means NO BOONS!

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Won’t be nearly as OP as people are thinking. Still a slow auto attack. If your boons are that valuable, you can dodge.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

Won’t be nearly as OP as people are thinking. Still a slow auto attack. If your boons are that valuable, you can dodge.

The thing is, since daimond skin ele is getting a nerf. It was main thing that held back reapers in this meta imo. Now that it’s gone, condi reaper would be in a very good place. But to add buffs on condi build along with that I think will be too much. We will see though~

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

The thing is, since daimond skin ele is getting a nerf. It was main thing that held back reapers in this meta imo. Now that it’s gone, condi reaper would be in a very good place. But to add buffs on condi build along with that I think will be too much. We will see though~

What holds Reaper back isn’t Diamond Skin. It’s vulnerability to focus and spike damage/lockdown and these aren’t going away. In fact, these probably come back with Thief.

And even if Reaper made it’s way to every team, I highly doubt you would see more than 1 per team – Necromancers stack terribly.

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

What holds Reaper back isn’t Diamond Skin. It’s vulnerability to focus and spike damage/lockdown and these aren’t going away. In fact, these probably come back with Thief.

And even if Reaper made it’s way to every team, I highly doubt you would see more than 1 per team – Necromancers stack terribly.

Being condi reaper and going up against 2 daimond skin bunker eles on the other team is definitly a problem if u ask me. A big problem that was eliminated.
I use flesh wurm+ consume, so i tend to avoid focus spikes pretty well with that. And the pulsing stability I find made reaper shroud pretty useful in team fights. If you guys disagree that’s fine, it was all just my opinion based on my pvp experience recently.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m a little concerned about this, to be honest. I like the idea (we need way more boon hate in the game) but that’s seriously a cat-ton of power.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

As good as this is, Scepter didn’t need a buff.

Like, we have so many other weapons that need buffing. There’s Greatsword and there’s Axe, and Offhand Dagger is a bit under-performing compared to Focus and Warhorn. But they give Scepter a gamechanger like this instead.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

loooooooooooooooooool.
thats, so, overpowered, its, ridiculous.
rubi, you must tell us all the things more often.

LONG LIVE NECRO

wow,that is strong,gonna change my squishie zerkie boy into condie fortress,hip hip horay

OTAN guild,WSR server

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I always wanted a Scepter Auto buff, but not sure if is too much. They might have tested it, so it’s not OP as we think. At least I hope so.

Sorry for my english.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Realistically, any time I want to.

The scepter auto attack i rather quick and rather subtle.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Let’s say the attack chain is 1.5 seconds long. Auto attacking for 10 seconds would corrupt 6 boons. The new corrupt boon plus master of corruption would add 3 corruption every 10 seconds. At this point necro would be corrupting around 1 boon per second. Those aren’t even all the tools necro has to convert. And you think this won’t be nerfed immediately?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

That’s broken.

Are we still talking about scepter here? I’m confused. What makes scepter autoattack do any of these?

He’s factoring in boon conversion. Vigor becomes bleeds, swiftness becomes cripple, etc etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Blood Curse Notes: This whole sequence takes 2.4s. When will people learn to not just add up the cast time of the skills but the obvious inclusion of after cast. Does the dagger auto chain last .25s? no…

At BEST you will get 4 boons per 10s if you are constantly auto attacking.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

spamming AA on a necro could be fatal… necros are usually the first one focused down lol

[SA]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Let’s say the attack chain is 1.5 seconds long. Auto attacking for 10 seconds would corrupt 6 boons. The new corrupt boon plus master of corruption would add 3 corruption every 10 seconds. At this point necro would be corrupting around 1 boon per second. Those aren’t even all the tools necro has to convert. And you think this won’t be nerfed immediately?

Please no perfect scenarios..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Don’t get your hopes up necros. Corrupt Boon will likely ship when the patch comes but corruption on scepter is very very problematic…

This will definitely promote skilless, passive play with necros spreading cancer on anyone with boons. I wouldn’t be surprised if anet rolled it back.

Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

TheLastNobody.8319

Don’t get your hopes up necros. Corrupt Boon will likely ship when the patch comes but corruption on scepter is very very problematic…

This will definitely promote skilless, passive play with necros spreading cancer on anyone with boons. I wouldn’t be surprised if anet rolled it back.

Honestly it sounds a hell of a lot worse than it really is. Reason being, it requires a full auto chain, which means you’re not getting life force, you’re not apply torment, and you’ll only be corrupting one boon, and with the amount of boons people spit out nowadays like it’s going out of style. At most we’ll be using it to get a leftover stack of might or regen.

I’m not worried, and this game needs more boon hate badly I think.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Am I the only one remembering it’s one corruption per every 3 attacks (3rd attack to be precise). And as a condi necro i already learned that ppl avoid my scepter #3 like the plague, not being afraid to use their dodge only to not get poisoned. Now they’ll pay double the attention to it.

And I remind you about mesmer having boon removal on sword auto for ages, sword clones included if i’m not mistaken. They can rip boons via aa far faster then the new necro, and no one’s crying it’s OP.

I say scepter really needed the change. Finally it’ll have some reason to be used in non pure condi builds (free corruption), and finally a weapon with corruption not twisting condi necro’s arm to go spite all the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Honestly it sounds a hell of a lot worse than it really is. Reason being, it requires a full auto chain, which means you’re not getting life force, you’re not apply torment, and you’ll only be corrupting one boon, and with the amount of boons people spit out nowadays like it’s going out of style. At most we’ll be using it to get a leftover stack of might or regen.

I’m not worried, and this game needs more boon hate badly I think.

Unfortunately the scepter change won’t matter much at all at higher levels at play. It will matter at where most of the pvp playerbase is at which is between low to mid level skill.
Their cries will be deafening.

Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Stand The Wall.6987

and here i am, the fool who officially changed his main from necro to engi…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

That’s broken.

To be fair it can only do one of these ,and only once per rotation…

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If they make necro scepter auto stronger, they are going to have to eventually address the problem of terrible animation in that there is nothing to indicate that a necro is hitting you in a fight with a few people. There is no “tendrils” or “bolt” or anything that comes from the scepter into the target…just a guy off to the side swiping at air and “oooo…look at the condis, DEATH TO BOONS!”