scepter builds i am testing

in Necromancer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is 3 builds variant i am using atm and like them

condirip
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWn0ICd2gV2AO3A83gDchimGtxXAv6AYBib9E8BA-TZhHABBt/AAPBAkKDEwhAA4TAAA
with might stacks and rip boons you can do high burst dmg while weakness prevent high dmg on you and poison stacking with torment and bleed buff to the sky
10 torment, 10-15 bleed, 5-6 poison and fear for the fun of it

celesig
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4dn0ICd2gV2AO3A83gDchieGtxzCv6AYBibd++BA-TZBFABls/gCPEAoKDAwRAQ5TAAA
same basic idea but NO staff. the scepter now gives more condi pressure and perma weakness . you loose 1 hard cc from the staff and some life force gaining but gain more dmg pressure

corruption variant
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjc0QnNWdDO3A/NOMGK5QXBFNtJiihI+zBwAA-TZhHABBt/AAPBAkKDEwhAA4TAAA
tricky build which if you wont able to transfer the self condi you can be self killed.
the pressure is much higher with more bleeding torment and weakness .if used at the right moment you can do 8 poison, 12 torment, 15 bleed

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Interesting.

I’ve found sceptre to still be underwhelming compared to axe/mm/lich, but I’ve yet to find a condi build I really enjoy.

Anyone got any good condi builds going?

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

messiah.1908

the axe i am saving for the reaper as for now not so much viable for me at least

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

OP thats PvE, right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

No. those are pvp builds, no reason to take signets of suffering in a pve build currently. The middle one is the one that I’m most curious about, don’t know if its worth losing the extra life force generation and fear from staff which are kind of important, but still worth testing (btw, you forgot to change soul marks on that build, go to unyielding blast instead).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I wish I could take condi builds seriously but as long as diamond skin exists, all an ele needs to do is equip that and condi becomes useless/never becomes meta.

in Necromancer

messiah.1908

No. those are pvp builds, no reason to take signets of suffering in a pve build currently. The middle one is the one that I’m most curious about, don’t know if its worth losing the extra life force generation and fear from staff which are kind of important, but still worth testing (btw, you forgot to change soul marks on that build, go to unyielding blast instead).

its pvp. i use pvp builds editor. change the trait.

against diamond ele i use the celestial build than below 60% hp i start to burst with scepter. below 50% hp you gain spectral armor which buff you LF. so the only problem is in the beginning of the fight so than i use dagger on boxes in kyhlo or try not to be in 1v1 situation after i have full life force. the only cons is the lack of aoe fear for down enemy or ally. but i have daze with warhorne and more condi pressure with scepter dagger and cpc

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Maybe, just maybe if you are part of very good team you can have some chance to play your role. Or 1v1, part time. But when the opposite team jump on you, you are toast. Nah condi just doesn’t work.
Super slow damage/poor LF generation/even less mobility…
sigh

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

below 50% hp you gain spectral armor

And again one of your trait lines is Soul Reaping… so much about diversity… I dont want to play condition build and have to train in Soul Reaping!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Neither power nor conditions scale with scepter anymore,.

I would love to test scepter with nomads’s amulet (not available). I think you don’t lose all that much by losing condition damage and power, but do you gain anything worthwhile with toughness, healing, and vitality?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.