several tips for the next patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

Necromancer, dude you CANNOT get away from.

Dark Path: Send out a claw and pull your foe to you, chill and bleed them.

Recharge time: 15 s
Activation time: 1/2 s (obvious animation)
Range: 1200 (fast projectile)
3 Bleeding: 5 s
Chilled: 3 s
Unblockable

Spectral Grasp: Mark your target with Spectral Grasp and gain life force.

Recharge time: 20 s
Activation time: 1/2 s
Range: 600 (no projectile)
Life Force: 15%
Duration: 4s

Sequence skill: Teleport your foe to the point where Spectral Grasp began.

Activation time: 1/4 s
Unblockable / Unevadable

Tainted Shackles: Bind nearby enemies with your life force. If enemies move out of range of this ability, the bind will break conditioning them.

Recharge time: 30 s
Activation time: 1/4s
Range: 600
10 Torment: 3 s
Unblockable / Unevadable

Sequence skill: Immobilize and damage your foes.
Activation time: 3/4 s
Immobilize: 2 s

Immobile is a condition that prevents movement, turning, and dodging. Victims can still attack if their target is in range, although any associated movement will be cancelled, including leaps , teleports, and shadow step skills.

(edited by pierwola.9602)

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

sounds fantastic. won’t happen. i’m beyond cynical with this class.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cupnoodle.5431

Cupnoodle.5431

Over 9000% agree with spectral wall. It is the dumbest thing to make them fear away from you, not the wall. I mean, yeah in some situations I’d rather it make them go away from me but most of the time I find that super annoying.

Necromancer – Cup Noodre
Ectoplasm Ltd. [GLOB] Maguuma
“Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

I like this, a lot there is 1 skill though i disagree with, Enfeeble should give weakness not blind but the weakness duration should be longer.

The rest is really awesome ideas and not too strong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Signet of Vampirism
Passive effect increased to 350~ when struck
Initial self-heal increased to 8k.

Well of darkness & Well of power to deal similar damage to Well of corruption.

Dhuumfire removed. Replaced with similar trait giving torment on crit.

Terror removed. Replaced with a talent that grants 20% more condition damage when above 75% health._

Adding additional 2 bleed stacks to enfeebling blood & mark of blood.

Adding poison (4 seconds) to Ghastly claws.

Necrotic grasp damage doubled.

Furious demise baseline. Trait replaced with 5 might stacks on enter DS.

Foot in the grave removed. Replaced with standard 20% damage increased in DS and stability active when using life transfer.

Vampiric precision trippled.

These changes inherit more of the spirit of a necro that is a slow moving turret with no immunities and blocks/evades. To offset this they gain high damage as in high risk high reward.

Got lots more to add, but so far i`d consider these changes in the very next patch.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Holy crap, I’ve never seen so many bad suggestions in one place before.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Signet of Vampirism
Passive effect increased to 350~ when struck
Initial self-heal increased to 8k.

Well of darkness & Well of power to deal similar damage to Well of corruption.

Dhuumfire removed. Replaced with similar trait giving torment on crit.

Terror removed. Replaced with a talent that grants 20% more condition damage when above 75% health._

Adding additional 2 bleed stacks to enfeebling blood & mark of blood.

Adding poison (4 seconds) to Ghastly claws.

Necrotic grasp damage doubled.

Furious demise baseline. Trait replaced with 5 might stacks on enter DS.

Foot in the grave removed. Replaced with standard 20% damage increased in DS and stability active when using life transfer.

Vampiric precision trippled.

These changes inherit more of the spirit of a necro that is a slow moving turret with no immunities and blocks/evades. To offset this they gain high damage as in high risk high reward.

Got lots more to add, but so far i`d consider these changes in the very next patch.

The spirit of the buff to vamp signet is good, the value is too high… 6k would be fine for the heal. See the signet from the mesmer for a good baseline.

Honestly I don’t see changing WOD/WOP making its use any different. No one takes it for damage anyhow, and I doubt it doing damage would make anyone want to take it for that reason.

Dumbfire is stupid – no argument.

Terror replaced by flat condition damage increase would be inordinately overpowered, and in a tree that already works for condition users. It would replace one nearly-required trait with another… not a good change. Terror is one of the few well balanced and well thought out traits. It is avoidable, removeable, and to get the damage requires planning.

MOB and Enfeeble won’t change. They are still good and don’t need more, and just got nerfed all down.

The rest are way too strong. I agree with the sentiment of what you are trying to do, but flat buffing things and adding passive reduction is a bad thing. Rework not adjust is what necro needs in a lot of places, including siphons and death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

I compared the vamp signet to guardian signet. 8k heal on low base hp seems out of place to me. Not even counting the passive condi-removal. In view of balancing an 8k heal for necromancers would be a viable contender for consume conditions, which can potentially spike higher than 8k and clean ALL conditions. Look at it this way: If vamp had a baseline 8k heal, would you still take it over CC? Maybe, at least its not a SURE yes/no question anymore.

I wanted to buff a few select bleed skills to offset the dhuumfire removal change. Without dhuumfire as it is right now, condi damage is very low on necro`s. Hence also the flat 20% grandmaster trait for replacing terror. Take the spike burst out > put flat pressure in.

Also i know they wont change it, but most of the playerbase playing necromancer think they shoot darts at a board anyway to decide what to nerf and buff these days. Only a man can hope.

Oh and the rest is not to strong, as a class with NO acces to stability (FitG change), mobility, blocks, immunity, vigor, evades and no reliable source to swiftness even, the high risk/high reward should be comparable to my proposed changes.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hmm.. You know, I like couple of your changes.
For Terror, it could be a powerful life siphon IMO. Scaling with whichever stat is higher, power or condition.
For instance: Terror would siphon 230 health for every unique condition on the target, up to 3.
In past, when Bloodthirsty was 50%+ siphoning, it could be a little bit over the top, but now it’d make a very fine Master/Grandmaster (with some +omph maybe) trait. Of course, it’d have to heal tbrough Death Shroud

Now, to replace Dumbfire I have some suggestion for Spite 30. It could be toned down a bit for bosses, have some sound maybe/animation…

Demonic Flesh
When you enter Death Shroud, reverse all incoming damage back to the source for next 2 seconds. Gain 2 seconds of protection when struck. Lasts 2 seconds, leaving Death Shroud cancels the effect

Pretty strong. Could be even stronger if you’re getting focused. You hop into DS, Flesh procs and all damage is reflected + you can get hell lot of protection.
Could be a very, very nice option for any PvE or PvP build and good defensive alternative for Close to Death offensive trait.
Combined with Near to Death, could potentially make Necromancer tank without going for MM.

Also, another trait, replacing Protection of the Horde 15 minor MM (I’ve already mentioned it in past):

Animator’s Vigor
Whenever one of your minions die, gain 4 seconds of Vigor

Synergizing with Bone Minions, Jagged Horrors and Reanimator’s trait. Good solution IMO, you could bring two Bone Minions for some encounters just to blow them up when Vigor is needed;)

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Traits
Deathly Invigoration - Steal health from nearby foes when you leave death shroud.
Radius: 360
Healing: 400(v1) 600(v2) 700(v3) 750(v4) 775(v5foes) +0.2*Healing Power*foes
Damage: ….

e.g.
Deathly Invigoration, 1000 healing power.
1foe(360 radius) – 600 heal
5foes(360 radius) – 1775 heal
1foe(370 radius) – 0 heal

sounds great but at the same time i would like to keep deathly invigoration. maybe change a different trait to that?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Echoplex.6284

Echoplex.6284

Skills
Tainted Shackles If enemies move out of range of this ability (600), the bind will immobilizes (3-5sec) them.

This is stupid because breaking the shackles by moving far away would be the counterplay to the skill, but since the opponent is under torment so he would have to make a choice: risk getting more damage and try to move away and avoid the immob, or risk the immob and stay still. That’s the whole fun about this skill. If you were getting immob whether or not the shackles were broken, there would be no counterplay and the game would become all the more boring.

I only like the spectral grasp idea. The rest is meh..

in Necromancer

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

A month old and not even a pop in by Anet to say ty for the suggestions.

That’s just mean Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That trait which provides chill on applying blind…
Could instead apply blind when you.chill ;p

I know, not for necro. Fits Warrior more

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Healing
Necros receive no allie heals, instead heals are reflected back to caster. (So others stop getting upset by DS necro’s wasting there time)

Consume Conditions & Blood Fiend healing power co-efficent reduced to 0.004% to keep in line with siphons/make signet of vamp viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: victornajduch.4859

victornajduch.4859

Yeah…some of these are a bit much I think.
Most of the survivability headaches could be resolved by allowing healing in DS and buffing Reaper’s Precision. But I play a power necro, so I’m a bit biased.
Dark Path should be a teleport akin to Ride the Lightning, I agree there.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Spectral Grasp needs better tracking. I stopped using it even though it’s a great skill simply due to the fact that enemies can just side strafe it most of the time, and the rest of the time it gets obstructed by a random spec of dust that just happen to cross it’s path.

I also feel that wells either need longer durations with smaller radius or lower base CDs. Well of Darkness is an example of a well that has really good potential but is just lackluster because of it’s behemoth of a CD which has no decent reason behind it.

But I suck at this game so what do I know. Just my 2 cents really.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Leave Spectral Walk alone please.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

Whats wrong with “target cleans” when pressing Spectral Recall or 1 sec skill deley between Spectral Walk/Spectral Recall ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The main use for spectral walk is jumping off cliffs.

The other use is that it has 2 stun breaks in one skill.

A skill delay would hurt both of these uses.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Everyone says this… but the second activation of the skill never gives me a stun break, it just moves me back to my origin point stunned… maybe I am missing something.

It works like staff 2 on the mesmer as far as I can tell. I don’t use the skill much but that is my experience with it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Traits
Near to Death - Reduces recharge on Death Shroud (30%) and Breaks stun when leaving Death Shroud

Whats wrong with “target cleans” when pressing Spectral Recall or 1 sec skill deley between Spectral Walk/Spectral Recall ?

The proposed 1sec delay between Spectral Walk and Spectral Recall. I don’t see much point in adding it in. It’ll only make using the skill inconvenient.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

The main use for spectral walk is jumping off cliffs.

A skill delay would hurt both of these uses.

There’s only 1 stun break (Spectral Walk), i forgot about double tap when jumping from cliffs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Actually there is technically two stun breaks… Teleporting back to where you started to walk is a pseudo stunbreak.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Actually there is technically two stun breaks… Teleporting back to where you started to walk is a pseudo stunbreak.

How is it a stun break if it doesn’t un-stun you? Wouldn’t it just be an instant cast movement skill then? Like my above example, that would class staff 2 on mesmer as a stun break also, which it isn’t considered as such by anyone.

Good to hear I wasn’t confused though…. thought maybe my SW was broken and only doing the one stun break.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

It’s a pseudo stunbreak…. It’s like eles lightning flash… Not technically a stunbreak anymore but if your stuck in a well or getting cced you can hit it and get away from the cc.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

It’s a pseudo stunbreak…. It’s like eles lightning flash… Not technically a stunbreak anymore but if your stuck in a well or getting cced you can hit it and get away from the cc.

What the…. why does the elementalist teleport not break stun? I could have sworn it did. Is that the trade off because it deals damage? I think I would rather the stun break. Good thing I don’t play ele.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What the…. why does the elementalist teleport not break stun? I could have sworn it did. Is that the trade off because it deals damage? I think I would rather the stun break. Good thing I don’t play ele.

It got nerfed (and rightfully so, imo) a while ago, because they found having every single cantrip to be a stunbreaker was too much

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

It got nerfed (and rightfully so, imo) a while ago, because they found having every single cantrip to be a stunbreaker was too much

Only because of the ridiculous boon uptime from all cantrip builds. There was prob a different way to take that fix, but I guess it worked.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Withering Exposure (Withering Precision): Apply one (or two?) stack of Vulnurability for 8 (or 10?) seconds when you apply Weakness.

Edit/More:

Siphoned Power: You (and your allies?) gain might for 5 seconds when you strike a foe that has Weakness. (1 second cooldown).

Dark Armor: Gain stability while channeling.

Flesh of the Master: Your minions have %50 more health and/or you and your minions share boons.

When you are applied a boon all of your minions are applied with the same boon with the same duration, and if any of your minions are applied a boon you and all of your minions share the boon. Shared boons can not be shared again. For example, when you gain might from Blood is Power, all of your minions are applied with the same might. However; when your minions are applied with might, they can not share the same might stacks with you or among themselves.
Boons that are applied simultanaously to your minions and/or you simultaneously will only be applied to those who lack the boon. For example, those who initially recieved the Regeneration from Mark of Blood can not share the Regeneration from that Mark of Blood amongst each other, but can only share it to those who weren’t applied the Regeneration initially.

Unholy Presence (Protection of the Horde or Deadly Strength): Foes close to you do less damage to you (or all?). 0-200 %10 less damage, 200-600 %5 less damage.

Spiteful Vigor: Gain 2 (or 3?) seconds of Retaliation when you are applied with Regeneration.

Necromantic Corruption: Each of your minions have %100 chance to remove one boon from the attacked foe every 10 (or 15?) seconds/Applying poison to a foe removes a boon every 10 seconds.

Engulfing Dark (Reanimator): Place a Well of Darkness below your feet when your health drops below the threshold. Health threshold is %50 (or %75?) and cooldown is 50 seconds.

Death’s Embrace (Protection of the Horde or Deadly Strength): Gain toughness when your health is below the threshold. +200 toughness when below %75 health, +400 toughness when below %25 health/ Corrupt boons of nearby targets (or simply fear them?) when your health drops the threshold. Range is 200 or applied to the target, threshold is %25 (or %50?) and cooldown is 40 seconds.

I will edit if I find some more.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Lets go down the list:
1. – Change for the sake of change and not reliability thus dumb
2. – Imbalanced with no cast time
3. – Fine actually
4. – The current version gave counterplay when it was actual EB, but with current numbers, fine
5. – Nope, current version is stronger in context of necro fights and cant be kitten triggered
6. – The whole point of corruption skills is that you are unable to dodge them but they also debuff the owner…
7. – Despite how awesome it would be, better fixing our already existing wifesteal/siphons would be much better
8. – Defeats the point of Tshackles, thus nope
9. – Whatever floats the owners boat honestly, pros and cons for both options.
10 & 11. – plain nope

12. – defeats the point of it
13. – that is either a 10% nerf or a 70% nerf depending on if the devs finally admit that they kittened up and just put a 50% damage reduction vs normal damage on DS instead of fixing its scaling way back in the days/hid the true value of 120% hp to DS so that they could keep a straight face despite clear math in game showing otherwise (with both the boss tool and testing on fishheads at taco showing it).
14. – almost across the board no, since our LF generation (except on scepter) would easily be ok and good even in 1vx if they just reverted Swalk to its proper fucntion of 3% on hit.
15, 16, 17 * 18 -all quite dumb and non functional as practical options and life transfer already works that way (as in pre target on hit) only on 600 range.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

Lets go down the list:
1. – Change for the sake of change and not reliability thus dumb
2. – Imbalanced with no cast time
3. – Fine actually
4. – The current version gave counterplay when it was actual EB, but with current numbers, fine
5. – Nope, current version is stronger in context of necro fights and cant be kitten triggered
6. – The whole point of corruption skills is that you are unable to dodge them but they also debuff the owner…
7. – Despite how awesome it would be, better fixing our already existing wifesteal/siphons would be much better
8. – Defeats the point of Tshackles, thus nope
9. – Whatever floats the owners boat honestly, pros and cons for both options.
10 & 11. – plain nope

12. – defeats the point of it
13. – that is either a 10% nerf or a 70% nerf depending on if the devs finally admit that they kittened up and just put a 50% damage reduction vs normal damage on DS instead of fixing its scaling way back in the days/hid the true value of 120% hp to DS so that they could keep a straight face despite clear math in game showing otherwise (with both the boss tool and testing on fishheads at taco showing it).
14. – almost across the board no, since our LF generation (except on scepter) would easily be ok and good even in 1vx if they just reverted Swalk to its proper fucntion of 3% on hit.
15, 16, 17 * 18 -all quite dumb and non functional as practical options and life transfer already works that way (as in pre target on hit) only on 600 range.

1. It’s simple math
2. Ride the Lightning, Swoop, Rush etc. No cast time and still pretty easy to dodge.
6. Nice debuff … .
10. Why ?
11. It’s still better than current version (DoT).
12. After the nerf to DS (absorbing dmg) i don’t see any sense in this rule.
14. 14 is there because of 13.
15,16,17. I think otherwise
18. Nop it dont.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

1. It’s simple math
2. Ride the Lightning, Swoop, Rush etc. No cast time and still pretty easy to dodge.
6. Nice debuff … .
10. Why ?
11. It’s still better than current version (DoT).
12. After the nerf to DS (absorbing dmg) i don’t see any sense in this rule.
14. 14 is there because of 13.
15,16,17. I think otherwise
18. Nop it dont.

1. No it isnt, its increasing the range for no functional reason with the skill still being buggy as kitten.
2. They all dont have a trait to corrupt boons and dont have aoe impact chill
6. I dont get what the kitten you mean here
10 & 11. Immob is already arguably too strong of a effect, disabling half the skills in game by locking off facing and stacking (tho thats mostly because of thief and ranger skills) while torment is not designed as a utility condition, tho i have recommended that cripple reduces max blink range since right now its sadly inferior to chill in almost every way unless the enemy can get super speed).
12. The rule is setup there as a base cast limit, if DS had a 1% requirement, you could do a F1-3-F1 tap after a feast of corruption giving off a free terror from the start up, having a DS power curve which can be sped up with proper weapon usage allows for not only counterplay, but also shows skill progression of the player, tho yeah it could be reduced/removed just making DS degen work properly like out of combat regen (which actually ticks pre 1 point of health on a very fast rate).
14. is worthless because 13. is worthless
The rest just shows you are uninformed. tho tis true that life transfer does not show its proper life force values (as in around 1% on hit or such, easily shown by first trying it on one, then on two, then on 5 targets in the mists, first one resulting with less LF than on start, second with around equal depending on traits, third letting you generate up to 13% more LF than on start, ofc all depending on your timing of DS with degen, you could get better numbers, i just used the safe estimates)., but efficiently resulting in 3% LF pre second on a target.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

1. No it isnt, its increasing the range for no functional reason with the skill still being buggy as kitten.
2. They all dont have a trait to corrupt boons and dont have aoe impact chill
6. I dont get what the kitten you mean here
10 & 11. Immob is already arguably too strong of a effect, disabling half the skills in game by locking off facing and stacking (tho thats mostly because of thief and ranger skills) while torment is not designed as a utility condition, tho i have recommended that cripple reduces max blink range since right now its sadly inferior to chill in almost every way unless the enemy can get super speed).
12. The rule is setup there as a base cast limit, if DS had a 1% requirement, you could do a F1-3-F1 tap after a feast of corruption giving off a free terror from the start up, having a DS power curve which can be sped up with proper weapon usage allows for not only counterplay, but also shows skill progression of the player, tho yeah it could be reduced/removed just making DS degen work properly like out of combat regen (which actually ticks pre 1 point of health on a very fast rate).
14. is worthless because 13. is worthless
The rest just shows you are uninformed. tho tis true that life transfer does not show its proper life force values (as in around 1% on hit or such, easily shown by first trying it on one, then on two, then on 5 targets in the mists, first one resulting with less LF than on start, second with around equal depending on traits, third letting you generate up to 13% more LF than on start, ofc all depending on your timing of DS with degen, you could get better numbers, i just used the safe estimates)., but efficiently resulting in 3% LF pre second on a target.

1. There is more reason to put 1500 rage there than on Arcane Blast. Pull range should be bigger than “gap closer skill” range.
2. But they are still dodgeble same as dark path. I don’t know how you but i dodge projectile not casting animation.
6. Epidemic is the most powerful and un-dodgeable AoE in the game so please dont tell me its ok because they balanced it with debuff (3 stack of Vulnerability).
10. You are ignoran. 1st you say something like that “the whole point of corruption skills is that you are unable to dodge” about epidemic and then you are against immobilize because it would be too strong ? The whole point of immobolize is to stop people from moving and in this game moving means “gap closer skills”, also you can still dodge/cleans.
11. Perma range reduction on blink/leap ? I dont think so.
12-17. Thats 1 idea (smaller LF pool but better LF regeneration and access to DS/DS skills) not few smaller and the 50% reduction on normal dmg wont change anything. Im againts no CD on death shroud after reaching 0%, my bad that i didnt mention about it.
18. Did i say 3% lf per sec/target ? No

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Don’t touch my spectral skills unless you’re lowering the cd or increasing it’s base duration. Don’t touch shackles, unless you want to buff it. Don’t touch dark path unless you’re increasing it’s velocity.

Säïnt

in Necromancer

pierwola.9602

Necromancer, dude you CANNOT get away from.

Dark Path: Send out a claw and pull your foe to you, chill and bleed them.

Recharge time: 15 s
Activation time: 1/2 s (obvious animation)
Range: 1200 (fast projectile)
3 Bleeding: 5 s
Chilled: 3 s
Unblockable

Spectral Grasp: Mark your target with Spectral Grasp and gain life force.

Recharge time: 20 s
Activation time: 1/2 s
Range: 600 (no projectile)
Life Force: 15%

Sequence skill: Teleport your foe to the point where Spectral Grasp began.

Activation time: 1/4 s
Unblockable / Unevadable

—-

Tainted Shackles: Bind nearby enemies with your life force. If enemies move out of range of this ability, the bind will break conditioning them.

Recharge time: 30 s
Activation time: 1/4s
10 Torment: 3 s
Unblockable / Unevadable

Sequence skill: Immobilize and damage your foes.
Activation time: 3/4 s
Immobilize: 2 s

Immobile is a condition that prevents movement, turning, and dodging. Victims can still attack if their target is in range, although any associated movement will be cancelled, including leaps , teleports, and shadow step skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Lf 1 forum necro for balance raid against d/d eles.

I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Demonic Flesh
When you enter Death Shroud, reverse all incoming damage back to the source for next 2 seconds. Gain 2 seconds of protection when struck. Lasts 2 seconds, leaving Death Shroud cancels the effect

Pretty strong. Could be even stronger if you’re getting focused. You hop into DS, Flesh procs and all damage is reflected + you can get hell lot of protection.
Could be a very, very nice option for any PvE or PvP build and good defensive alternative for Close to Death offensive trait.
Combined with Near to Death, could potentially make Necromancer tank without going for MM.

Also, another trait, replacing Protection of the Horde 15 minor MM (I’ve already mentioned it in past):

I like the idea, but its way to powerful and entering Shroud is a defensive move by itself, you use your LF instead of your HP. I can see something similar but less powerful as a part of weapon skill. Or something like the mesmers “Blurred Frenzy”. Dealing damage and being invulnerable/getting huge toughness buff for short duration+reflecting projectiles. Such skill will be perfect for the necro.