shouts vs epi fractals

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

So what do you guys think? i’m finding you are all weaklings and chilled to the bone shout my favorite aoe shout attack since it feels faster for aoeing enemies.Epi is good but in a lot of circumstances i’m finding it less useful for common enemies because they get zerged down by the team in seconds.

My favorite area to use epi is on the ice golem/mech suit and also its very useful when using it on the rabid bunny in that same level where old tom is.

(edited by Axl.8924)

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I use epidemic a lot and almost never cttb. Prefer golem or plaguelands. Golem is constant damage+good cc and plaguelands is decent aoe(condi) to immobile targets/bosses.
Yaaw is decent, but I find myself using suffer way more often with corruptions.

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

Epidemic really just takes some skill and timing. I personally love the skill, but I can see why it’s frustrating. Because it definitely is

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Ok, I do use CttB on power build for breakbars because I can’t stand golem. But on condi build? Instead of Plaguelands? And why the hell would anyone use YaaW in PVE?

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Thing is:In a lot of the fractals enemies die far too fast to contribute with epi.First you gotta build dots then cast epi and hope every enemy isn’t dead before then.Casting chilled to the bone and rise for an example you can dps multiple enemies and the pets act as if dots dealing dmg to 1 or more enemies.YOOA is a aoe debuff AND!!! it adds dots.In tier 2 and 3 fractals enemies have stability buffs, and necros are useful at corrupting boons and adding conditions and debilitations.

Granted plaguelands Can be useful in niche moments such as bosses,It might be quite good vs that boss rabid babbit boss in that level where old tom is for contributing to dps on 2 enemies at a time if they are together and def could be used for padding in mai trin “IF” you could get the guy close to mai trin while using it for extra dps.Could be also used on the 3 kitty golems in chaos as well if they are all brought close together for dps.Those kitty robots are also a good place to use Epi, but usually my team is busy zerging 1 down instead of getting them all together.Another place where Plaguelands can be useful is on ice golem and mech suit since you get loads of adds.Problem is:Most of fractals are without lots of adds.A lot of these abilities are niche abilities and i really don’t like how plaguelands has a 2 min cd(1 min 20 sec if built into it) Cd seems far too long for me.

(edited by Axl.8924)

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

So what do you guys think? i’m finding you are all weaklings and chilled to the bone shout my favorite aoe shout attack since it feels faster for aoeing enemies.Epi is good but in a lot of circumstances i’m finding it less useful for common enemies because they get zerged down by the team in seconds.

My favorite area to use epi is on the ice golem/mech suit and also its very useful when using it on the rabid bunny in that same level where old tom is.

You can run “Chilld to the Bone” if you want, it don’t share the same slot of Epidemic.
“You Are All Weaklings!” don’t deal good damage.

If you are running a Power build I suggest you to run wells and not utility shouts, if you’re running a Condition build maybe “Suffer!” and “Rise!” (when running Death Magic’s Death Nova) could be better than “You Are All Weaklings!”, while the Elite Skill’s slot could be Plaguelands. Take Epidemics only if you can take advantage of it.

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

i like the idea of actually using rise.It would be amazing for the uncategorized level since loads of adds.

shouts vs epi fractals

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Why not swap between Epi and something else depending upon the actual confrontation. I only use Epi in the presence of a boss. The quick mop-up of add’s keeps the group focused.

If you like shouts, try a build with Rune of the Reaper for an extra chill (+ bleeds, if traited). The extra soft CC on every shout is quite pleasant in a crowd.