sigil for rabid necro

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stillmoon.6894

Stillmoon.6894

hello,
i need suggestion for sigil on weapon.
i am sporting full rabid (weapon,armor,accessories) with scepter/dagger as main and staff as secondary.

any suggestion? im using earth in scepter, fire in dagger, and another earth in staff
considering to change the sigil in dagger with strength,ice,or another earth

any opinion is appreciated

thank you

“Dream and hope sundered my world, it will no longer wreak such sorrow”

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Assuming you’re going for condition damage with scepter and dagger, in rabid gear, the Earth sigils are good. I roll with a Sigil of Corruption in my dagger to help out with the bleed damage.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Earth on Scepter.

I like using two daggers, one to stack 25 Corruption, and one to switch to bursting (which is +6%, not +6). Makes good times.

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

do not put a sigil of earth on your dagger if you have one on scepter. They won’t double proc, I would look at sigil of burst or the +10% bleed duration.

hopefully some more chime in with input.

as for stacks, I just have a totally separate set of rabid scepter/dagger for double stacking condition stacks (AKA with double stacking you only need to kill 13 wolves or whatever to get 25 stacks)

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

geomancy > earth, if you can make use of it at all:
-geomancy is 21 bleeding ticks per weapon swap (10 sec)
-earth is 20 bleeding tick in those 10 seconds, assuming it proc instantly after the ICD which is highly unlikely
and that is not even taking multiple targets into account :>

If conditionmancer was more viable in dungeons, I’d use two identical sets of scepter/dagger, both with geomancy&battle and swap weapons on cooldown. Given the current state of necro pve it’s not worth the investment and hassle

Ele / Guardian

(edited by Bawi.9541)

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

do not put a sigil of earth on your dagger if you have one on scepter. They won’t double proc, I would look at sigil of burst or the +10% bleed duration.

People sometimes use double Earths for the extra 24% proc chance.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

-earth is 20 bleeding tick in those 10 seconds, assuming it proc instantly after the ICD which is highly unlikely

If conditionmancer was more viable in dungeons, I’d use two identical sets of scepter/dagger, both with geomancy&battle and swap weapons on cooldown. Given the current state of necro pve it’s not worth the investment and hassle :/

The suggestion of Geomancy also does not take into account that condition necros are usually not in melee range. If you’re not in melee range, the Geomancy sigil is worthless. Sigil of Earth works the same regardless of range.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Yeah, but more often than not they are not in melee range for the sake of not being in melee range. mostly there is no inherent reason to stay at range as much as ‘we’ do – or there is a reason and that reason is wielding a hammer, in which case you can be sure you will spend some time in melee range.

Ele / Guardian

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Pretty sure the inherent reason to stay at range is that most dangerous foes are melee and condition necros are really good at kiting.

So yeah, most of the time, you want an Earth sigil anyway.

I’m a Geeleiver

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: youlostthegame.8102

youlostthegame.8102

Earth on Scepter.

I like using two daggers, one to stack 25 Corruption, and one to switch to bursting (which is +6%, not +6). Makes good times.

I used Sigil of Bursting on my Scepter and my damage went from 90 – 93, that isn’t 6% but it was a little increase I guess.

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Earth on Scepter.

I used Sigil of Bursting on my Scepter and my damage went from 90 – 93, that isn’t 6% but it was a little increase I guess.

It’s a 6% increase of your Condition Damage stat, not of the damage you deal with conditions.

I’m a Geeleiver

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

If conditionmancer was more viable in dungeons, I’d use two identical sets of scepter/dagger, both with geomancy&battle and swap weapons on cooldown. Given the current state of necro pve it’s not worth the investment and hassle :/

The suggestion of Geomancy also does not take into account that condition necros are usually not in melee range. If you’re not in melee range, the Geomancy sigil is worthless. Sigil of Earth works the same regardless of range.

a free 3 stacks of bleeds on wepon swap is just too good for me.
besides I like to get in the middle of things, being away from the action is pretty boring for me.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: morbidmentat.3146

morbidmentat.3146

affix crests of the rabid to your weapons. That’s my suggestion. But if you like having the added effects…if you’re scepter/dagger you might be better off not using the earth sigil but using the sigil that increases duration (don’t forget your bleed stack cap.) Otherwise added weakness or vuln isn’t bad. If you swap weapons a lot you might still do okay with earth just to keep the stack up when you swap from your scepter.

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I use Sigil of Earth and Sigil of Corruption

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I run Earth on my scepter and hydromancy on my staff. Hydro is just defensive and helps keep good chill uptime if I happen to be in melee range. I don’t feel forced to get into melee range to get more dps. I always liked hydromancy and battle for weapon swap sigils over earth.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

sigil for rabid necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Earth is a must for me, to take advantage of 2 of our stats.

I don’t quite like geomancy. Reason is it shares the CD with crit sigils, so there is no reason you take both earth and geomancy.

It also “forces” weapon swap. It would be great at trash cleaning but for high hp bosses, I don’t see the reason to swap to staff more than once (the once being the fear if traited). The second time you are forced to swap to staff, fear mark will be on CD and it’s nothing but dps drop. And if you take geomancy, you better take staff mastery also, or you’ll be in staff only using 2,3. Usual setup 30/30/10 missing master of terror, and if taking 30/20/0/0/20, you miss staff mastery. So I just don’t see much reason swaping to staff more than once.

Offhand I’m using accuracy but going to switch to bursting when I craft my legendary, too lazy to change my current setup.